ADVERTISEMENT

Was 2019 UVA the best team this decade?

When I was 10 UNC only won 1 title and that was in 1957. You go from bitching about the game you think you won to challenging someone’s fandom. You wanna know what I had for lunch so you can question that? Laughing

That was still more titles than everyone else in North Carolina at that time and they were clearly by far the best program in the state. As long as you admit you chose them just because they were good we can move on

That was still more titles than everyone else in North Carolina at that time and they were clearly by far the best program in the state. As long as you admit you chose them just because they were good we can move on

I have nothing to admit. You go from whining about your team didn’t lose to challenging my fandom. Sounds like you’re ready to tap out because your argument is weak, just like your replies.

This is the correct response to a well-done troll post. Props on committing to the act, JH.

If this isn't an act, then maybe that time that you scored 35 points higher on an IQ test against a group of average people has convinced you that you're smarter than someone who scored 25 points higher on an IQ test against a room full of Rhodes scholars, so I get the confusion.

1*dyBIfSBceibW4bYoWB6sOg.png

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I have nothing to admit. You go from whining about your team didn’t lose to challenging my fandom. Sounds like you’re ready to tap out because your argument is weak, just like your replies.

You are bandwagon fan and you confirmed. Didn’t attend the school and became a fan just because they are good. Do you follow any other unc sports or just basketball?

You are bandwagon fan and you confirmed. Didn’t attend the school and became a fan just because they are good. Do you follow any other unc sports or just basketball?

For someone who claims to be smart and educated you are stuck on stupid majorly. I follow all of UNC sports if you need to know so the bandwagon comment doesn’t hold water. You’re reaching and nothing is sticking just because your boys didn’t close the deal against UVA. Lashing out like this shows that you’re still butthurt and you’re not over it.

No one is crying besides maybe you. Unc just didn’t meet the standards to the win the official title those other years

You are really slow and that’s being generous. You are so easy to mess with and I’m guessing you were bullied as a kid. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

You are really slow and that’s being generous. You are so easy to mess with and I’m guessing you were bullied as a kid. I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

Sorry again that unc didn’t meet the standards

Sorry again that unc didn’t meet the standards

Your opinion doesn’t matter and I’m guessing you knew that. Fact is you lost, no matter how you spin it you lost. You keep repeating yourself and that’s not good, you may wanna seek some help Hoisery.

Your opinion doesn’t matter and I’m guessing you knew that. Fact is you lost, no matter how you spin it you lost. You keep repeating yourself and that’s not good, you may wanna seek some help Hoisery.

I am sorry that unc has only been able to meet the official national champions list once

Highest Kenpom efficiency margin (+34.22) of any championship team this decade. Sure, 2015 UK was higher (+36.91) but they didn't win it all. Didn't even make the championship game. Convince me that another team was better.
The best team in a decade wouldn't get their ass kicked continually by another team, so no.

You leave a lot to be desired when it comes to message boarding. This board is kind of a joke compared to the MB
ehh.we constantly get posters like yourself posting here all the time. "this board sucks", but sells themselves or their team here constantly.

Due to you guys being in the SEC,I'm sincerely hoping you don't vacate your recent success despite being caught right in the middle of controversy. But yeah, tell us more how you don't like this board. That'll show 'em. Laughing

Last edited:
To be fair, he's also a Hoosier fan. He has a choice of two bandwagons. I'm guessing he talks as much about IU on the MB as he does IU here. Laughing

Two bandwagons? I actually have degrees from both schools. Unlike the sidewalk fans that make up this board

ehh.we constantly get posters like yourself posting here all the time. "this board sucks", but sells themselves or their team here constantly.

Due to you guys being in the SEC,I'm sincerely hoping you don't vacate your recent success despite being caught right in the middle of controversy. But yeah, tell us more how you don't like this board. That'll show 'em. Laughing

Vacate what? Auburn survived a 13 month colonoscopy from the ncaa and every journalist in America and not even a single secondary violation was found. So we are either clean or we are just that much better at cheating than everyone else. Have to be much smarter than everywhere else as well. Here is the deal though. College athletics are dirty and anyone acting like their school is clean are either fans of schools that have never won anything or are completely delusional. No top program in basketball or football is fully clean.

Vacate what? Auburn survived a 13 month colonoscopy from the ncaa and every journalist in America and not even a single secondary violation was found. So we are either clean or we are just that much better at cheating than everyone else. Have to be much smarter than everywhere else as well. Here is the deal though. College athletics are dirty and anyone acting like their school is clean are either fans of schools that have never won anything or are completely delusional. No top program in basketball or football is fully clean.
Uk is fully clean,but I get your point.

Outside of the circus way that UVA won the title, I think its a red flag that Duke swept them, which means that Duke is objectively better head to head. All of this stuff is relative only to basketball nerds like us anyway who just need something to debate, but IMO being swept is a major negative when you are comparing all time great teams. Cant be best of the decade when an Elite 8 team swept you with a double digit win on your court.

Outside of the circus way that UVA won the title, I think its a red flag that Duke swept them, which means that Duke is objectively better head to head. All of this stuff is relative only to basketball nerds like us anyway who just need something to debate, but IMO being swept is a major negative when you are comparing all time great teams. Cant be best of the decade when an Elite 8 team swept you with a double digit win on your court.

We lulled Duke into a false sense of security. Brilliant strategy by Bennett.

While humorous, if the argument is to point to the KP rating which takes into account an entire season, you cannot just throw out two results, that were unquestionably top shelf efforts from both teams and lean on KP as the chief indicator of greatness. Is Duke better overall? IMO, no even without the Zion injury which cost them the ACC regular season crown, they were a flawed team from the most crucial point of today's game, the 3 point line, and it was exposed in the tournament, escaping UCF and VT before finally falling to MSU. However, H2H Duke19 is favored over UVA19 all day long which I have an issue with if we are going to say that UVA19 is better than teams like UK12 which cakewalked through the entire season.

While humorous, if the argument is to point to the KP rating which takes into account an entire season, you cannot just throw out two results, that were unquestionably top shelf efforts from both teams and lean on KP as the chief indicator of greatness. Is Duke better overall? IMO, no even without the Zion injury which cost them the ACC regular season crown, they were a flawed team from the most crucial point of today's game, the 3 point line, and it was exposed in the tournament, escaping UCF and VT before finally falling to MSU. However, H2H Duke19 is favored over UVA19 all day long which I have an issue with if we are going to say that UVA19 is better than teams like UK12 which cakewalked through the entire season.

UK12 lost to Vandy and Indiana during the season.

FREAKING VANDY!!!!

UK12 lost to Vandy and Indiana during the season.

FREAKING VANDY!!!!

2018 Nova had only an OT loss @ Creighton with their full roster healthy (and that game was Booth's second back after the broken wrist). I think they'd probably be able to handle 2019 UVA.

Reactions: Novachp and jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT