ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler to Auburn...

Must be nice to still be winning nattys after the game had passed you by lmao.

And Luke Maye, 4 less tourney wins than all Auburn tigers ever, geeeeeeeze.
Yes
Must be nice to still be winning nattys after the game had passed you by lmao.

And Luke Maye, 4 less tourney wins than all Auburn tigers ever, geeeeeeeze.
luke maye still sucks dude.

The point of the stat isn’t to point out Luke Mayes greatness, it’s to point out Auburn’s lack of.

Reactions: AWilli6995
The point of the stat isn’t to point out Luke Mayes greatness, it’s to point out Auburn’s lack of.
Pre Bruce Pearl auburn basketball era is an irrelevant point And not one that will ever be acknowledged by me. So taking shots with that in mind will have zero effect on all basketball discussions in regards to auburn basketball going forward. Either do better or stfu about something that is irrelevant

Pre Bruce Pearl auburn basketball era is an irrelevant point And not one that will ever be acknowledged by me. So taking shots with that in mind will have zero effect on all basketball discussions in regards to auburn basketball going forward. Either do better or stfu about something that is irrelevant

So cherry picking your time frame works for you? Well before Bruce you guys weren’t good so putting all your eggs with him isn’t smart. History matters good or bad.

So cherry picking your time frame works for you? Well before Bruce you guys weren’t good so putting all your eggs with him isn’t smart. History matters good or bad.
Pre Bruce Pearl auburn is not relevant to any basketball discussion going forward. We weren’t big bodying North Carolina for its own players before then. Now your program is stuck with a coach on training wheels. LOL

Pre Bruce Pearl auburn is not relevant to any basketball discussion going forward. We weren’t big bodying North Carolina for its own players before then. Now your program is stuck with a coach on training wheels. LOL

Your program will be always on training wheels. UNC is relevant no matter who’s driving, Auburn not so much.

Pearl will let him shoot. Walker and jabari together is going to be stout.

Well he can’t shoot. If he could shoot Williams would have let him.

Pretty sure that kids 3 ball got worse every year of HS.

Well he can’t shoot. If he could shoot Williams would have let him.

Pretty sure that kids 3 ball got worse every year of HS.

williams didn’t provide the confidence he needed to be able to shoot. I bet you will see a much better shooter next season

I don’t take this personal at all. I troll the fvxk out you douche blue bloods fans daily and you guys get so butthurt. It’s hilarious

Nah, you lash out with things that are made up or simply illogical. If you would post logically and reasonably it would be a better look for you.

I like Pearl. He was unfairly punished by the NCAA and while all of the other coaches hate him because he is a snitch that doesn't really matter to me since he isn't the coach of my team. The things is, even since the Bruce Pearl era UNC has been better and has about a 99% chance of winning another title before Auburn does.

williams didn’t provide the confidence he needed to be able to shoot. I bet you will see a much better shooter next season

Well, if by the literal definition of better you mean he will make more than 1 banked in three for the entire year you could be right. If Pearl lets him shoot a lot even if he sucks that will not really be a glowing indictment of good coaching though, which is what it seems some of you fools wanted from Roy. From all accounts, I was impressed with Kessler's attitude though. It is the dad who is the problem for the kid.

Last edited:
When we don't see a better shooter are you going to lie about it like you did earlier? I still haven't seen you post proof of what you claim I said.

Reactions: sgrooms
Nah, you last out with things that are made up or simply illogical. If you would post logically and reasonably it would be a better look for you.

I like Pearl. He was unfairly punished by the NCAA and while all of the other coaches hate him because he is a snitch that doesn't really matter to me since he isn't the coach of my team. The things is, even since the Bruce Pearl era UNC has been better and has about a 99% chance of winning another title before Auburn does.

Well, if by the literal definition of better you mean he will make more than 1 banked in three for the entire year you could be right. If Pearl lets him shoot a lot even if he sucks that will not really be a glowing indictment of good coaching though, which is what it seems some of you fools wanted from Roy. From all accounts, I was impressed with Kessler's attitude though. It is the dad who is the problem for the kid.
Yeah you just wrote like a book dude which I don’t plan on reading. Thank for confirming

When we don't see a better shooter are you going to lie about it like you did earlier? I still haven't seen you post proof of what you claim I said.
He is going to be a better shooter.I haven’t lied once in this thread. You are not that smart when it comes to basketball and you need realize that and just stop

giphy.gif

Is this better?

Seriously hope the Kesslers find what they want at Auburn but with what I saw through videos of high school and his 1 year at Carolina he is very far away from being a stretch 4. Outside of point blank range his shot was God awful.

Kessler is slow and needs to work on his offensive skills. It will be interesting to see how he fits in Pearls scheme.
I do think he has upside, but probably will not start.

Kessler is slow and needs to work on his offensive skills. It will be interesting to see how he fits in Pearls scheme.
I do think he has upside, but probably will not start.
Oh he definitely has potential... at the 5. Good luck to him and wish no ill towards him just because he left Carolina but he has a very long road ahead of him if his and his parents desire is to be a stretch 4. We thought he wanted to be a OAD but a stretch 4 probably will cost him using up all his eligibility. JMO of course from what I saw his freshman year and I watched every Carolina game. Good luck Walker

Reactions: winin11
Oh he definitely has potential... at the 5. Good luck to him and wish no ill towards him just because he left Carolina but he has a very long road ahead of him if his and his parents desire is to be a stretch 4. We thought he wanted to be a OAD but a stretch 4 probably will cost him using up all his eligibility. JMO of course from what I saw his freshman year and I watched every Carolina game. Good luck Walker

He will play 5 at AU. Jabari Smith is the 4.

How is he going to get to shoot a bunch of threes at the 5? And what will Bruce do when he is bricking them off the side of the backboard?

Anfernee MacLemore was a worse shooter than Walker and got 3 to 6 3 pointers up a game in 2018/19

Reactions: olsonab
How is he going to get to shoot a bunch of threes at the 5? And what will Bruce do when he is bricking them off the side of the backboard?

He won’t shoot a bunch of threes, but will give us the option to be position-less and to create mismatches at the 3-5 spot with guys who are all 6’10 and can take it inside or outside when necessary.

That was a long sentence, sorry...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He was your center? Dude was 6'7".

Yeah, we were small in 2018 and just ran people out of the gym until Mac and others had a few injuries which left us with about 6 scholarship players headed into the tourney that year.

Mac wasn’t tall, but could jump out of the gym before his leg basically broke in half in 2018. Was actually leading the SEC in blocks and top ten nationally up until that point. Shot one hell of a knuckle ball from three point land and actually hit a dagger vs y’all late in the second half in 2019.

Yeah, we were small in 2018 and just ran people out of the gym until Mac and others had a few injuries which left us with about 6 scholarship players headed into the tourney that year.

Mac wasn’t tall, but could jump out of the gym before his leg basically broke in half in 2018. Was actually leading the SEC in blocks and top ten nationally up until that point. Shot one hell of a knuckle ball from three point land and actually hit a dagger vs y’all late in the second half in 2019.

Everyone on your team hit daggers against us that game, haha. You guys hit like 17 threes IIRC.

I have no doubt Pearl will let Kessler shoot some threes. I just feel very good about Kessler being at his best down low where he showed incredible potential. He showed no potential anywhere on the perimeter and despite Roy not being a guy who uses his 5 out there (which I agree with) he was still extremely uncomfortable on offense and even worse on defense when they tried it. I think Kessler will be better out there at Auburn in a different offense but just disagree he will be effective with it. I think Pearl will realize this though and it won't last long.

Everyone on your team hit daggers against us that game, haha. You guys hit like 17 threes IIRC.

I have no doubt Pearl will let Kessler shoot some threes. I just feel very good about Kessler being at his best down low where he showed incredible potential. He showed no potential anywhere on the perimeter and despite Roy not being a guy who uses his 5 out there (which I agree with) he was still extremely uncomfortable on offense and even worse on defense when they tried it. I think Kessler will be better out there at Auburn in a different offense but just disagree he will be effective with it. I think Pearl will realize this though and it won't last long.

As long as I’m drunk it’ll be ok.....

I am not going to have to do that.

jay-z-oops.gif

I will remind you next season. Nope we get to play you at some point but it’s not looking to hit for Hubert to even have a tourney team next season

What was it you were going to remind me of? And damn, will you look at that, not only a tournament team but one actually still playing. I am not usually a 'receipt' kind of guy but....

hubert-davis-humble-hubert.gif

I don't disagree regarding Hubert. It's a terrible hire IMO. I am very confident you won't be reminding me of anything next season though.

We were both wrong about Hubert. You were just also wrong about everything else.

giphy.gif

@Ticket2ride06

He actually shot better last year at UNC from behind the 3 point line. So with the 'confidence and freedom' he had under Bruce he didn't shoot better, just more. To be fair he did shoot 59% from the FT line compared to 54% so congrats to Bruce for that epic improvement he got by letting Kessler play outside so he is comfortable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT