ADVERTISEMENT

Walker Kessler to Auburn...

Congrats on the pickup. He’s got a lot of skill.

Yeah, said this from the beginning. Pearl has been working him all year.

Roy used him properly though. One could make the argument he could have played more at times but not that he was used incorrectly. Kessler is going to be really good but not if anyone tries to play him as a 3/4 like he wants.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Hmm, wonder if this mean that Drew Timme is staying at GU then. We all thought that if he was coming to GU then Timme had to be leaving, because why would Walker go to a place that he wouldn't start at?

Hmm, wonder if this mean that Drew Timme is staying at GU then. We all thought that if he was coming to GU then Timme had to be leaving, because why would Walker go to a place that he wouldn't start at?
Kessler was going to auburn over Gonzaga regardless

Kessler has been Auburn bound for months. Everything else was just for show.

Roy lying to his parents last year and over promising is the only reason he didn’t come to auburn originally.

Maybe. Roy probably intended to try and use him more like Maye until he saw his shot and the way he defended tbh.

Reactions: jhaft703
Pearl will let him shoot. Walker and jabari together is going to be stout.

Then he better hope that he starts making them. Kessler was great down low and has the potential to develop nice range on his shot. He didn’t really show himself capable of hitting them last year but maybe he can going forward.

Then he better hope that he starts making them. Kessler was great down low and has the potential to develop nice range on his shot. He didn’t really show himself capable of hitting them last year but maybe he can going forward.

what big man has ever had the confidence and freedom given to him by Roy ever to shoot outside? It effects the players when they are given the backing from the coach to do it. The game has just passed Roy by in the regard of using big men outside

Also garrison brooks also of Auburn, AL had no business playing over Kessler. Brooks is a bum

what big man has ever had the confidence and freedom given to him by Roy ever to shoot outside? It effects the players when they are given the backing from the coach to do it. The game has just passed Roy by in the regard of using big men outside
This isn’t a Roy thing. He was sub 30% from 3 his senior year in high school also. Roy had some stretch 4s in his time and allowed some bigs to shoot. The trailing big had the green light if they could hit it. He just didn’t have the skill set yet to do it, but I think he can develop it.

This one hurts though. He’s a talent and has unreal upside. You guys got a good one.

This isn’t a Roy thing. He was sub 30% from 3 his senior year in high school also. Roy had some stretch 4s in his time and allowed some bigs to shoot. The trailing big had the green light if they could hit it. He just didn’t have the skill set yet to do it, but I think he can develop it.

This one hurts though. He’s a talent and has unreal upside. You guys got a good one.
Playing next to jabari smith is going to give him favorable matchups as well . Jabari is a lottery pick now.

Yes, I don't blame Roy for telling a guy with little chance to make a shot to not shoot it. He made one three and banked it in. I'm not sure he drew rim on the others and his shooting form is awful. Needs to watch some film of some of the NBA bigs and imitate what they do. I think two things can both be true regarding Roy. He didn't use Kessler how Kessler wanted to be used and he used him the way that was best for the team. We will see if Kessler realizes Roy was right or if he continues to want to play a position he can't.

Yes, I don't blame Roy for telling a guy with little chance to make a shot to not shoot it. He made one three and banked it in. I'm not sure he drew rim on the others and his shooting form is awful. Needs to watch some film of some of the NBA bigs and imitate what they do. I think two things can both be true regarding Roy. He didn't use Kessler how Kessler wanted to be used and he used him the way that was best for the team. We will see if Kessler realizes Roy was right or if he continues to want to play a position he can't.
What are you going to say when he starts hitting shots outside under Bruce?

You don't have to do anything. This is true. You can just not comment on it.

I will remind you next season. Nope we get to play you at some point but it’s not looking to hit for Hubert to even have a tourney team next season

I will remind you next season. Nope we get to play you at some point but it’s not looking to hit for Hubert to even have a tourney team next season

I don't disagree regarding Hubert. It's a terrible hire IMO. I am very confident you won't be reminding me of anything next season though.

Very excited about this pickup for us. He fits in perfectly for what we do on offense and the thought of a front court with Kessler, Jabari Smith, Jaylin Williams, and hopefully the return of JT Thor excites me greatly. I love these additions with Zep Jasper, Wendell Green, Trey Alexander, and possibly still TyTy....

Reactions: TygBro
Wow Auburn must have been tampering like Kentucky did for Powell only for him to end up at *checks notes* Tennessee. Bunch of cheating programs.

Yep, no one else does this......

Kinda like Scott Drew flying into Auburn three years ago and recruiting Davion Mitchell and Chuma Okeke off the team straight from their dorms at midnight so that Bruce etc wouldn’t know.

Davion left, Chuma stayed....

Yep, no one else does this......

Kinda like Scott Drew flying into Auburn three years ago and recruiting Davion Mitchell and Chuma Okeke off the team straight from their dorms at midnight so that Bruce etc wouldn’t know.

Davion left, Chuma stayed....

I was making fun of his thread he posted after Powell transferred my man

Wow Auburn must have been tampering like Kentucky did for Powell only for him to end up at *checks notes* Tennessee. Bunch of cheating programs.

We basically pulled a Scott Drew Davion Mitchell heist.

Eat our butts, fellas.

I don't disagree regarding Hubert. It's a terrible hire IMO. I am very confident you won't be reminding me of anything next season though.
Your track record isn’t very good. Still remember how auburn wouldn’t be able to keep up with unc in 2019 per you

ADVERTISEMENT