ADVERTISEMENT

UNC, Duke, UK....

LOL...Dude Bert was cheering for UK under the Baron, brother.

Laughing Bert picked UK waaaaay before 1965. See, you just talking shit about stuff you don't even know about. But keep going. You're trolling us.

For someone who has a degree,and or degree's----you don't read very well. He didn't say he "picked" UK in 1965. He said he last MISSED a game in 1965. I know Bert personally. There is no bigger UK fan than he. Now, as for you? Where the **** has your Auburn ass been for the past 5-6 years? I mean AU makes a FF, and suddenly your in here acting as if you muther****ers are UCLA of the 60's, or something.

Talk about bandwagon??? Look no further than here:

Just curious here. But, I mean, when has UK ever not been good? I mean----unlike Auburn, UK basketball has been good for decades upon decades. Bert was born/raised in Kentucky. Pretty sure he didn't "pick" UK, more like UK picked him. Its how things roll in the Bluegrass State.

I'd bet money Bert's library (where he keeps all his UK memorabilia (personally signed stuff)), is bigger than your house. I also bet he's forgot more about the in's and out's of NCAA basketball than you'll ever know. Pick another battle.

Thanks fellows. He has no concept.

Naaaaah. I grew up a diehard Hoosier. My grandfather was recruited by Branch, to play at Indiana. I still have the letters of his recruitment. I've been an IU fan since I was old enough to understand the game.

In his little world you’re not a true fan if you didn’t attend the school you root for. He’s been slapped around by many and when he plays the card it’s his saying I’m taking a knee.

I can tell you those stories. My family has those same stories but we also graduated from the schools as well
You can't have the same stories because Auburn was not covered by two 50,000 watt radio stations like Kentucky was.

I went to more than one school, but I root for Kentucky. My sister had a Ph.D. from Vandy and was a dyed in the wool Kentucky. Was she dumb for picking the good guys?

Auburn does have a bunch of pretty girls. I will give you that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You can't have the same stories because Auburn was not covered by two 50,000 watt radio stations like Kentucky was.

I went to more than one school, but I root for Kentucky. My sister had a Ph.D. from Vandy and was a dyed in the wool Kentucky. Was she dumb for picking the good guys?

Auburn does have a bunch of pretty girls. I will give you that.

Auburn was covered in sports just as long as Kentucky has been. Good lord some of you need to leave your state occasionally.

My parents graduated from auburn. Then I did as well. This board has far to many sidewalk fans that have never attended a class on the campuses of the schools they cheer for
I'd say that goes for just every single school. MOF, I'd say there are more UK, UNC, IU, Duke, Kansas, fans, etc, etc...that didn't attend school at said university. Its called "being born into". My granddaughters LOVE BBN. Love UK. Why? Because my wife and I take them to games...take them to BBM every year. My wifes family is all UK. So those girls were born into it. I'll tell ya this----I guarantee you my granddaughters(2 oldest) are bigger fans than some dude from New York, who went to school at UK for 4 years.

This shit---"I'm a bigger/better fan" b/c I went to school there is such bullshit. Its an entitlement argument. And let me tell ya brother---no pencil pushing geek is a bigger fan than me, just because he went to school at Indiana.

I'd say that goes for just every single school. MOF, I'd say there are more UK, UNC, IU, Duke, Kansas, fans, etc, etc...that didn't attend school at said university. Its called "being born into". My granddaughters LOVE BBN. Love UK. Why? Because my wife and I take them to games...take them to BBM every year. My wifes family is all UK. So those girls were born into it. I'll tell ya this----I guarantee you my granddaughters(2 oldest) are bigger fans than some dude from New York, who went to school at UK for 4 years.

This shit---"I'm a bigger/better fan" b/c I went to school there is such bullshit. Its an entitlement argument. And let me tell ya brother---no pencil pushing geek is a bigger fan than me, just because he went to school at Indiana.

That's what I'm talking about!

I'm not going to talk about our FB/conversations, but I have to say this is 100 real talk.

I'm not going to talk about our FB/conversations, but I have to say this is 100 real talk.
Those girls, and my wife, love their Cats. Hell her entire family does. My granddaughters are a prime example of how one becomes a fan....They are surrounded by it(UK). They'll come over, and watch UK games with us. Their rooms are UK....Posters from BBM. They are 10 and 9. By the time they are 40, those kids will have been UK fans for 30 years. You gonna tell me that someone from Missouri, who attends UK for 4 years, is/will be a bigger fan, than those girls?

yeah, right..

Those girls, and my wife, love their Cats. Hell her entire family does. My granddaughters are a prime example of how one becomes a fan....They are surrounded by it(UK). They'll come over, and watch UK games with us. Their rooms are UK....Posters from BBM. They are 10 and 9. By the time they are 40, those kids will have been UK fans for 30 years. You gonna tell me that someone from Missouri, who attends UK for 4 years, is/will be a bigger fan, than those girls?

yeah, right..
It's just a silly line of thinking. IDK why some still use it as a "gotcha". Some posters here have made me a fan of their teams. How does that work? I can't root for a team, so someone I know is happy, b/c I didn't go to the school? gtfo.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It's just a silly line of thinking. IDK why some still use it as a "gotcha". Some posters here have made me a fan of their teams. How does that work? I can't root for a team, so someone I know is happy, b/c I didn't go to the school? gtfo.
I've always thought it was a stupid take. I've rooted for Indiana for almost 40 years. Why? I dunno---maybe because I was born into a family where they were all IU fans. My grandfather was a hell of a hoops player. If not for a car accident during his senior year, he would've played at Indiana. Pops was proud that Branch sit down in his living room, and swore that my great-grandmothers sweet potato pie was the best shit he had ever eaten. My cousin was a cheerleader at Indiana. I have another cousin who is currently a cheerleader there as well.

I was born into Indiana basketball. And it easily could've been different. As a freshman in HS, my grandpa moved to Henderson, Kentucky. But they moved back to Indiana. So who knows---had pops stayed at Henderson County HS, maybe he gets looked at by the Baron a little stronger? Maybe he commits to UK? Weird how such little things, moments, can shape our sports world, huh?

I've always thought it was a stupid take. I've rooted for Indiana for almost 40 years. Why? I dunno---maybe because I was born into a family where they were all IU fans. My grandfather was a hell of a hoops player. If not for a car accident during his senior year, he would've played at Indiana. Pops was proud that Branch sit down in his living room, and swore that my great-grandmothers sweet potato pie was the best shit he had ever eaten. My cousin was a cheerleader at Indiana. I have another cousin who is currently a cheerleader there as well.

I was born into Indiana basketball. And it easily could've been different. As a freshman in HS, my grandpa moved to Henderson, Kentucky. But they moved back to Indiana. So who knows---had pops stayed at Henderson County HS, maybe he gets looked at by the Baron a little stronger? Maybe he commits to UK? Weird how such little things, moments, can shape our sports world, huh?
I went to 1st and 2nd grade in Seymour, Jackson Co, if we lived there longer, I could have been an IU fan. :confused:

Reactions: IUfanBorden
They were still vacated under his watch. So you are going to blast pearl for things he had nothing to do with you need to apply same logic to calipari.

I don’t remember ever saying anything about Pearl but if I remember correctly he did get caught in a lie or something right? Calipari has nothing on his record and if you look into the facts you’ll see that Cal actually reported the Camby thing to the NCAA if I remember correctly. I could be wrong but I think that’s how it happened!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don’t remember ever saying anything about Pearl but if I remember correctly he did get caught in a lie or something right? Calipari has nothing on his record and if you look into the facts you’ll see that Cal actually reported the Camby thing to the NCAA if I remember correctly. I could be wrong but I think that’s how it happened!
Pearl once came clean to the NCAA....about someone else.

My parents graduated from auburn. Then I did as well. This board has far to many sidewalk fans that have never attended a class on the campuses of the schools they cheer for

lol so you’re one of them people huh?Laughing You like to say If people didn’t attend the University of the team they cheer for then they can’t be a fan like you are for the simple fact that you went to college and they didn’t. Dumbest shit I’ve ever heard! Just for shits and giggles can you explain that to me please?

A student that attends IU from California for 4 years will jade likely invested over 200k combined between the city of Bloomington and Indiana University. So you will have to give 5k for 40 years just to match that. Likely these students support athletics as well though so they are still ahead of you

What the hell does that have to do with sports dipshit?Laughing I know several people who went to UK and UL, paid thousands and thousands of dollars to go but doesn’t give two shits about sports or going to games!!! Do you know how damn dumb you sound???LaughingLaughingLaughing

Good lord it's crazy how many pages this troll was able to churn out of such a stupid topic.

The sort of fan policing coming from that Auburn chump is pathetic. I grew up a Virginian, my mom's side of the family all went to Virginia Tech, I've always been a Virginia Tech fan. I also was fortunate enough to attend and earn a degree from the University of Kentucky. I don't consider either way of achieving fanhood superior to the other, and neither should anyone else.

I started a UNC thread (alone) thread a while back that went 30+ pages. Although, I didn't know @uncfan in ky was going to out himself with fake wife. So IDK.?
Talk to me when you beat my “happy anniversary” record.
I love how I keep getting mentioned in a thread I haven’t even posted in.
Rent free I guess.

Actually the Camby stuff went public after he was went to the NBA became the agent that gave him “gifts” was threatening him because he signed with a different agent.

Actually the Camby stuff went public after he was went to the NBA became the agent that gave him “gifts” was threatening him because he signed with a different agent.

Very well could’ve happened that way. I was thinking that I remembered it being said that Cal had reported some stuff to the NCAA.

Very well could’ve happened that way. I was thinking that I remembered it being said that Cal had reported some stuff to the NCAA.
Either way, "The N.C.A.A. held him guiltless." - NYTimes

Same as UNC.

"Camby, 22, identified the agents as Wesley Spears, a Hartford lawyer, and John Lounsbury, an agent for Signature Sports, and said they were trying to get him to sign a contract for representation before he made himself eligible for the June 26 draft.

Camby said Spears gave him a diamond necklace worth $3,471.75 and that he also received a chain worth $1,829 that was given to two friends, Tamia Murray and Boris Wray. He said those two also spent thousands of dollars on clothing and rental cars that Spears reimbursed them for. He said he accepted "a couple thousand" from Lounsbury before his junior season.

Spears declined to discuss his relationship with Camby or any of Camby's specific statements.

Lounsbury said: "That's ludicrous. I have no comment on it."

Massachusetts Coach John Calipari said he had no knowledge of Camby receiving any inducements.

Last edited:
Either way, "The N.C.A.A. held him guiltless." - NYTimes

Same as UNC.

"Camby, 22, identified the agents as Wesley Spears, a Hartford lawyer, and John Lounsbury, an agent for Signature Sports, and said they were trying to get him to sign a contract for representation before he made himself eligible for the June 26 draft.

Camby said Spears gave him a diamond necklace worth $3,471.75 and that he also received a chain worth $1,829 that was given to two friends, Tamia Murray and Boris Wray. He said those two also spent thousands of dollars on clothing and rental cars that Spears reimbursed them for. He said he accepted "a couple thousand" from Lounsbury before his junior season.

Spears declined to discuss his relationship with Camby or any of Camby's specific statements.

Lounsbury said: "That's ludicrous. I have no comment on it."

Massachusetts Coach John Calipari said he had no knowledge of Camby receiving any inducements.
Isn’t it great when the NCAA holds a person or program guiltless?

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Isn’t it great when the NCAA holds a person or program guiltless?

Just depends on the circumstances. I mean, if my school done something that they should be punished for I would want them punished. Some people don’t care as long as their team wins but I’m not one of those people. Cheating is cheating and I would rather UK be mediocre and do things the right way versus cheating and winning games they shouldn’t be. If UK/Cal ever gets caught cheating, I hope they bring the hammer down on them. We are UK, shouldn’t have to cheat! Can you imagine being one of those piece of shit fans that know their team cheats/cheated and got away with it over a technicality and is perfectly ok with it? How pathetic are those people!!!Laughing

Just depends on the circumstances. I mean, if my school done something that they should be punished for I would want them punished. Some people don’t care as long as their team wins but I’m not one of those people. Cheating is cheating and I would rather UK be mediocre and do things the right way versus cheating and winning games they shouldn’t be. If UK/Cal ever gets caught cheating, I hope they bring the hammer down on them. We are UK, shouldn’t have to cheat! Can you imagine being one of those piece of shit fans that know their team cheats/cheated and got away with it over a technicality and is perfectly ok with it? How pathetic are those people!!!Laughing

if you’re UK & shouldn’t have to cheat, then why have you been caught multiple times?
I agree, I’d hate to have a coach that is a known cheater but always cry about him being cleared.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Auburn was covered in sports just as long as Kentucky has been. Good lord some of you need to leave your state occasionally.
That is simply not the truth.

Rupp's biggest recruiting tool was WHAS and WCKY carrying the games. Those two stations could be picked up in two thirds of the nation. That is why Lurker said the people got out in their cars to find a place for good reception. It went over your head because you never followed your team on the radio. Even today many UK fans mute the TV and listen to UK radio play by play.

Attendance: Alabama and Auburn have no basketball following and no history. They play in small arenas now and always have because of no following. The football following is great but no one gives a shit about basketball. Sorry, but that it the truth.

I spend most of my life living outside of Kentucky. I have lived in Florida, North Carolina, Indiana, Texas and Maryland. None of those areas have a following for a school like Kentucky has.

On to Television: The old Kentucky basketball "network" began with WKYT in Lexington and WAVE in Louisville established a group of stations to cover Kentucky basketball (1950's). Those were replaced by regional sports coverage like TVS sports, but even then the guys that did the games for WAVE and WCKY ended up doing the regional games for the sports networks.

I still have the old phone numbers for WAVE, WCKY, TVS et.al. that I need to call so I could find out what the sat would be used for what game. I lived through the eras before the advent of cable TV when little was handy.

I am sorry but you are simply wrong. You need to listen to a radio call of a game by Cawood Ledford or Claud Sullivan. Then you would understand the "Religion" of UK basketball.

Reactions: kyjeff1
if you’re UK & shouldn’t have to cheat, then why have you been caught multiple times?
I agree, I’d hate to have a coach that is a known cheater but always cry about him being cleared.

Because like I’ve said over and over, every team, including yours (obviously) does it or has done it!!! Why would I cry about him being cleared? Makes no sense! You need to go to bed at night and stop staying up late with those fake wife’s!!

That is simply not the truth.

Rupp's biggest recruiting tool was WHAS and WCKY carrying the games. Those two stations could be picked up in two thirds of the nation. That is why Lurker said the people got out in their cars to find a place for good reception. It went over your head because you never followed your team on the radio. Even today many UK fans mute the TV and listen to UK radio play by play.

Attendance: Alabama and Auburn have no basketball following and no history. They play in small arenas now and always have because of no following. The football following is great but no one gives a shit about basketball. Sorry, but that it the truth.

I spend most of my life living outside of Kentucky. I have lived in Florida, North Carolina, Indiana, Texas and Maryland. None of those areas have a following for a school like Kentucky has.

On to Television: The old Kentucky basketball "network" began with WKYT in Lexington and WAVE in Louisville established a group of stations to cover Kentucky basketball (1950's). Those were replaced by regional sports coverage like TVS sports, but even then the guys that did the games for WAVE and WCKY ended up doing the regional games for the sports networks.

I still have the old phone numbers for WAVE, WCKY, TVS et.al. that I need to call so I could find out what the sat would be used for what game. I lived through the eras before the advent of cable TV when little was handy.

I am sorry but you are simply wrong. You need to listen to a radio call of a game by Cawood Ledford or Claud Sullivan. Then you would understand the "Religion" of UK basketball.

Again auburn ATHLETICS have been covered on air just as long a Kentucky has. You are simply wrong here

Again auburn ATHLETICS have been covered on air just as long a Kentucky has. You are simply wrong here

Who was the Auburn announcer before Fyffe? He's listed as the pioneer for the state of Alabama radio broadcaster, who started in 1981. That's 31 years later than Ky.

If one simply doesn't understand fandom a good read about the basic history of UK fandom is Lonnie Wheeler's Blue Yonder: Kentucky: The United State of Basketball. It can be had on Amazon.

I contributed to Lonnie's book back in the 90's. He was member of our usenet feed for UK Basketball. It was basically an email version of a forum, before the web became popular. We had some really good folks there. Nothing like the crap that goes on in home boards these days, We had our own game statiscian, a nuclear physicist seriously, who did an outstanding job for each and every game.

I grew up in eastern Ky duriing the 50's, 60's where most were very poor. Kentucky basketball lifted those people up. It was a common denominator across the state

Expert and blueblood genetic engineered super fan here. I've lost where some of this bickering has gone but a couple points:

1. Its pretty well known Nike funnels the top recruits to Duke, UNC and UK. Obviously Kansas got their own underground network for top talent.

2. As a born and bred diehard Dukie and Heel my true allegiance now lies with my beloved alma mater, AUBURN. Don't get me wrong I still cheer for Duke/UNC but it's Auburn at the top for me. And of course nothing but respect for AUs SEC blueblood brother Kentucky.

Expert and blueblood genetic engineered super fan here. I've lost where some of this bickering has gone but a couple points:

1. Its pretty well known Nike funnels the top recruits to Duke, UNC and UK. Obviously Kansas got their own underground network for top talent.

2. As a born and bred diehard Dukie and Heel my true allegiance now lies with my beloved alma mater, AUBURN. Don't get me wrong I still cheer for Duke/UNC but it's Auburn at the top for me. And of course nothing but respect for AUs SEC blueblood brother Kentucky.

If you root for both UNC and Duke you need to get looked at.

ADVERTISEMENT