ADVERTISEMENT

UNC, Duke, UK....

Top 10? UNC shouldn't even be ranked. Not sure how you can make an argument otherwise based on the talent.

Reactions: RollTide7277
giphy.gif

Let’s be honest. If you replaced the names on these 3 teams jerseys. None of these 3 are top 10 teams.
Keep thinking that.
They've all played bad games, but lets not ignore the talent on the court and the good games they have played.
Anyone else you put in their place in the top 10, will also have flaws.

Reactions: ceilo77
What a week. Duke losing to an unranked team picked to finish 4th in their conference, and UNC losing to an unranked team picked 5th in theirs. Wild.

Keep thinking that.
They've all played bad games, but lets not ignore the talent on the court and the good games they have played.
Anyone else you put in their place in the top 10, will also have flaws.

What good games have the played? Kentucky’s win over an overrated Michigan st. Team? You guys have look pretty pedestrian this year
Talent is good and all for the nba draft but it’s been pretty Proven at this point that is not the best course of action to just flip your roster each season if you want to win titles. Really only two titles have been won in the one and done era by teams dominated by freshmen.

What good games have the played? Kentucky’s win over an overrated Michigan st. Team? You guys have look pretty pedestrian this year
Talent is good and all for the nba draft but it’s been pretty Proven at this point that is not the best course of action to just flip your roster each season if you want to win titles. Really only two titles have been won in the one and done era by teams dominated by freshmen.
You’re all over the place on this. Are we talking about this year or flipping rosters every year?

Yeah, only two titles have been won by one and done teams (actually, only one did that, Duke 2015 wasn't a one & done roster), but how many teams are using that method? 2??? Those two programs have more NCAAT wins than 99% of the rest of D1.

Truth is, UK has far more veterans this year than they usually have.

So what, they had two bad games when they had a couple of injuries, but you're ignoring their other games when they looked really good.

Call MSU overrated all you want, they still went into Seton Hall and got a win, so they ain't all that bad.

Give us your top 10 if you think Duke, UK and MSU aren't worthy of being there.

Keep in mind, those pre season rankings are made with the thought of where those teams will be come March, the teams you listed have the talent, they just have to put it together.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Louisville, Maryland, Oregon, Gonzaga, Ohio st., Auburn, Tennessee, Utah st., Texas tech, and Michigan would be my top 10.

My biggest issue is that if any other team besides Kentucky, duke, unc, or Kansas lost to a mid major at home that they were a higher favorite against they would be un ranked the next week. As I said take the names off the jerseys and they aren’t getting the same love and you know it

You’re all over the place on this. Are we talking about this year or flipping rosters every year?

Yeah, only two titles have been won by one and done teams (actually, only one did that, Duke 2015 wasn't a one & done roster), but how many teams are using that method? 2??? Those two programs have more NCAAT wins than 99% of the rest of D1.

Truth is, UK has far more veterans this year than they usually have.

So what, they had two bad games when they had a couple of injuries, but you're ignoring their other games when they looked really good.

Call MSU overrated all you want, they still went into Seton Hall and got a win, so they ain't all that bad.

Give us your top 10 if you think Duke, UK and MSU aren't worthy of being there.

Keep in mind, those pre season rankings are made with the thought of where those teams will be come March, the teams you listed have the talent, they just have to put it together.

Well MSU won’t be in the top 10 Monday so we can start by replacing them with someone

Louisville, Maryland, Oregon, Gonzaga, Ohio st., Auburn, Tennessee, Utah st., Texas tech, and Michigan would be my top 10.

My biggest issue is that if any other team besides Kentucky, duke, unc, or Kansas lost to a mid major at home they would be damn near un ranked the next week. As I said take the names off the jerseys and they aren’t getting the same love and you know it

LOL. KU is far better than most of those teams.

All these little Auburn and Texas Tech bandwagoners are cute.

My biggest issue is that if any other team besides Kentucky, duke, unc, or Kansas lost to a mid major at home that they were a higher favorite against they would be un ranked the next week. As I said take the names off the jerseys and they aren’t getting the same love and you know it
Those teams should be more consistent with their consistency.

UK is about to play UL,Ohio St, Texas Tech, Auburn and Tennessee.

And no, teams don’t fall from #1 to “damn near unranked” no matter how bad the loss or what it says on their jerseys. Learn how polls work.

LOL. KU is far better than most of those teams.

All these little Auburn and Texas Tech bandwagoners are cute.

Bandwagoners? That would be you that chose your team based on them already being good. I am an Auburn season ticket holder and was attending games when we were winning 2-3 conference games total a year. Gtfo with that bullshit. Most of the UK, duke,ku, and unc fans have never attended a class on those campuses

Reactions: olsonab
Ok. Last time I checked in with unc in March I saw Auburn beat the absolute shit out of them.

Yes, they did. However, they had four players with the flu. That may have had something to do with getting their ass kicked. They still would have lost but I think they at least could have made a game of it. Regardless, that was in the Sweet 16, right? I mean, that means that UNC got smoked early in the year and made it to the second weekend still, which was kind of the point.

I will be happy if this team makes the tournament though.

Yes, they did. However, they had four players with the flu. That may have had something to do with getting their ass kicked. They still would have lost but I think they at least could have made a game of it. Regardless, that was in the Sweet 16, right? I mean, that means that UNC got smoked early in the year and made it to the second weekend still, which was kind of the point.

4 guys with the flu? You could have Michael Jordan that night and North Carolina still was not beating Auburn. Probably the best game I have ever seen auburn play

Bandwagoners? That would be you that chose your team based on them already wing good. I am an Auburn season ticket holder and was attending games when we were winning 2-3 conference games total a year. Gtfo with that bullshit. Most of the UK, duke,ku, and unc fans have never attended a class on those campuses

I live in Lawrence and have always lived within 25 miles of there.

Nice that you have Indiana as your backup. Of course, that backfired because they suck, but someday it may be useful.

I live in Lawrence and have always lived within 25 miles of there.

Nice that you have Indiana as your backup. Of course, that backfired because they suck, but someday it may be useful.

I have degrees from both auburn and IU. And IU has still won more titles than ku

Cut the crap. You know they’ll be a decent seed when it’s said and done.

4 guys with the flu? You could have Michael Jordan that night and North Carolina still was not beating Auburn. Probably the best game I have ever seen auburn play

Did you even read my post? I said Auburn would have won anyway. I think having a healthy team could have possibly prevented Auburn from having the best game in their history though.

Cut the crap. You know they’ll be a decent seed when it’s said and done.

I don't think so. Who on this team does anyone see scoring enough to compete with good teams? This is the worst offensive Roy has ever had at UNC by a decent margin.

I have degrees from both auburn and IU. And IU has still won more titles than ku

Who gives a shit? I could have attended North Carolina and I’d still be a KU fan only. A diehard has no room for any other schools.

Why did you have essentially no presence here until March?

UK completely overlooked AU last year in the NCAAT. We smacked them around during the conference season, and Idk. Auburn wanted it more. Now I'm going to go and kick a small animal.

that has nothing to do with UK/Duke,UNC being overrated. The talent is there . Looking forward to the rest of the thread.

Ok. Last time I checked in with unc in March I saw Auburn beat the absolute shit out of them.
You know that was last year right?
Is Auburn able to go to their trophy case and dust off a national championship trophy newer than 2017?

No.

Who gives a shit? I could have attended North Carolina and I’d still be a KU fan only. A diehard has no room for any other schools.

Why did you have essentially no presence here until March?

I was here all last season as well. Been here off an off for a few years. Congrats on you growing up in the middle of a shitty state though.

Reactions: Jackson-3
You know that was last year right?
Is Auburn able to go to their trophy case and dust off a national championship trophy newer than 2017?

No.

Auburn has a title stolen from us last year and is thus recognized as the official champs. This was already previously discussed and confirmed. Hell even @jhmossy agrees

Other than Michigan (today), do any of those teams have a top 10 win?

Oregon and Gonzaga are playing now, but lets not act like all those teams you listed have played a tough schedule.

Yeah, UK and Duke have lost a game they should have won, but does anyone in your top 10 have a better win than what UK and Duke have?

Why did I already know you Would put Auburn in your top 10? Dude, Auburn is not a top 10 team, that's silly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT