ADVERTISEMENT

UNC, Duke, UK....

Yes. You don’t have a vested interest in the university like graduates do. Attending the school is what college sports different than just being a fan of the Indiana pacers
Sure there Sally. Sure.

My parents graduated from auburn. Then I did as well. This board has far to many sidewalk fans that have never attended a class on the campuses of the schools they cheer for
This is great. You don't know what growing up with a culture means. Tell us a story where your grandparents would drive to the highest elevation just so they could listen to the game back in the day.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I have been here since about 2012. We were terrible for 5 years if that. Good lord you continue to be dumber than shit
So 2012----2019(20) is a few years; Which is what you said. Just making sure.

This is great. You don't know what growing up with a culture means. Tell us a story where your grandparents would drive to the highest elevation just so they could listen to the game back in the day.

I can tell you those stories. My family has those same stories but we also graduated from the schools as well

Yes. You don’t have a vested interest in the university like graduates do. Attending the school is what college sports different than just being a fan of the Indiana pacers

So, if somebody that grew up in Florida takes a few classes at UNC, they're automatically a truer fan than the guy who never attended college but watched every game in his lifetime?

You're a real hockey puck, aren't you?

Last edited:
So, if somebody that grew up in Florida takes a few classes at UNC, they're automatically a truer fan than the guy who never attended college but watched every game in their lifetime?

You're a real hockey puck, aren't you?

Attending a few classes is not the same as graduating

Attending a few classes is not the same as graduating
So then someone who lets say---hates sports. Graduates from Indiana, being from lets say Texas---is a bigger/better fan than me---Because they graduated from Indiana?

Yeah, sure.

I bet if I had a head to head quiz with this guy, I'd get more questions right, about his own TEAMS than he would. AU and IU. Especially IU. But he's a huge fan b/c he graduated from there. Laughing No doubt he has a BS degree.

So then someone who lets say---hates sports. Graduates from Indiana, being from lets say Texas---is a bigger/better fan than me---Because they graduated from Indiana?

Yeah, sure.

They have a more vested interest in the university and the success of the university. They are financially supporting the university and its growth at a much higher level than you are.

I bet if I had a head to head quiz with this guy, I'd get more questions right, about his own TEAMS than he would. AU and IU. Especially IU. But he's a huge fan b/c he graduated from there. Laughing No doubt he has a BS degree.

Nope

They have a more vested interest in the university and the success of the university. They are financially supporting the university and its growth at a much higher level than you are.
Ahhh... I see. Sure they are. Someone from Cali has more of an interest in a school b/c they were there 4 years---Opposed to someone like me, who has rooted for the Hoosiers for 35 years...Been to hundreds of home games---road games---neutral site games....Etc, etc....

BTW, my grandfather had season tickets to IU basketball. We now share them, since he has passed. I donate 5K to Indiana every year, to keep those tix. Does that make me a good fan?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Let me guess. You are a Notre dame football fan as well? I love IU but the sector that also likes ND football in our fanbase is the absolute worst
Nope. Love IU football. Love Tom Allen. Favorite Hoosier was AT. Favorite coach was Mallory. Loved Hep---Think he would have done great things at IU. Love where TA has the program headed.

Ahhh... I see. Sure they are. Someone from Cali has more of an interest in a school b/c they were there 4 years---Opposed to someone like me, who has rooted for the Hoosiers for 35 years...Been to hundreds of home games---road games---neutral site games....Etc, etc....

BTW, my grandfather had season tickets to IU basketball. We now share them, since he has passed. I donate 5K to Indiana every year, to keep those tix. Does that make me a good fan?

A student that attends IU from California for 4 years will jade likely invested over 200k combined between the city of Bloomington and Indiana University. So you will have to give 5k for 40 years just to match that. Likely these students support athletics as well though so they are still ahead of you

Nope. Love IU football. Love Tom Allen. Favorite Hoosier was AT. Favorite coach was Mallory. Loved Hep---Think he would have done great things at IU. Love where TA has the program headed.

Agree on Tom Allen. Hope IU keeps him and keeps rolling. I grew up in Terre haute and My family has gotten really close with curt Mallory at Indiana st.

A student that attends IU from California for 4 years will jade likely invested over 200k combined between the city of Bloomington and Indiana University. So you will have to give 5k for 40 years just to match that. Likely these students support athletics as well though so they are still ahead of you
Ahh, so now its about MONEY? I thought it was about being a graduate. Or is it both? Your logic is as ignorant as you are. My cousin graduated from Indiana----And knows nothing, nor cares nothing, about basketball. But by your logic, she's more of a fan than me??

Ahh, so now its about MONEY? I thought it was about being a graduate. Or is it both? Your logic is as ignorant as you are. My cousin graduated from Indiana----And knows nothing, nor cares nothing, about basketball. But by your logic, she's more of a fan than me??

It’s the combination of everything

He's good entertainment. Keeping me busy on a Sunday morning. Wife is gone to church. I gotta get packed as I have a busy week ahead.
that's what I said a few pages ago. "i've got nothing better to do". I'm done now, it's day old bread.

Has to be a Rivals record??
There is a 1000+ page thread on the mainboard. It’s like the 3rd or 4th time it’s been started since the Vegas shooting in 2017. Every 6 months or so it gets deleted and a new one pops up. It’s a massive all things conspiracies thread. The people posting in it are crazy and never stop.

ADVERTISEMENT