ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Richmond

@Bert Higginbotha vs @IUfanBorden in the Thunder Dome.

Two men enter, one man leaves

Bro....

THIS...

giphy.gif

VS THIS

giphy.gif

Bro----C'mon, now.

I still can’t believe that they named him Mr basketball, he hardly played that year.

Man I got in an argument on here about that with someone. I don’t even remember who. He played in 13 games with none of them being playoff games. His stats were impressive but that’s not even half a season.

Reactions: rockycard
Yeah that should’ve gone to DJ. Dude has been ready since day 1.

He was hurt day 1 here. He didn’t avg near as many ppg playing for a better team but he did lead the to the state championship.

You commit to UK, you win mr. basketball, end of story. Just haven’t been many good enough to get a scholly. All though western Kentucky has like 4 and they can all play and were ver underated.

Didn’t see much of it but there isn’t a lot of shame in losing to this Richmond team. They are a good squad and it’s early in the season. I think UK will be much better come February.

Just looking at the box score, 5 assists is pretty pathetic. Combine that with 21 turnovers and I think I can understand what kind of offensive flow UK had.

How was the post game press conference? Cal talk about the youth and whatnot?

Reactions: RunninRichie
Didn’t see much of it but there isn’t a lot of shame in losing to this Richmond team. They are a good squad and it’s early in the season. I think UK will be much better come February.

Just looking at the box score, 5 assists is pretty pathetic. Combine that with 21 turnovers and I think I can understand what kind of offensive flow UK had.

I also want to add, I might never forgive Justus for taking that 3 pointer with a minute left in the 2003 ncaa tournament 1st round. Up 71-67 against defending champions Maryland with the ball very early in the shot clock. If we burned a good 20 more seconds and maybe get 2 points, our chances of winning that game go up significantly. Instead he rushed up a brick. I was so angry the moment it left his hands. The rest is history.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I also want to add, I might never forgive Justus for taking that 3 pointer with a minute left in the 2003 ncaa tournament 1st round. Up 71-67 against defending champions Maryland with the ball very early in the shot clock. If we burned a good 20 more seconds and maybe get 2 points, our chances of winning that game go up significantly. Instead he rushed up a brick. I was so angry the moment it left his hands. The rest is history.
Nice to know he was f'ing with UNC fans prior to coming to UK. 😁

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Meh... lived through the Evansville mess, they'll get past this and be good for the tourney.

That’s my line of thinking as well. The Richmond loss was 10x better than the Evansville loss imo.

Granted Evansville nor McCarty did y’all any favors as the aces went winless in conference play and made the loss look worse when that’s probably not the case if McCarty isn’t fired mid season.

That’s my line of thinking as well. The Richmond loss was 10x better than the Evansville loss imo.

Granted Evansville nor McCarty did y’all any favors as the aces went winless in conference play and made the loss look worse when that’s probably not the case if McCarty isn’t fired mid season.
I think it's fair to say it's Calipari's most embarrassing loss. Duke during Champions Classic, and Kansas state when were gifted a Final Four banner at least.

Totally agree. The Kstate loss wasn’t embarrassing except in the context that that whole side of the bracket fell apart and it would have been one of the easier FF paths ever. Then obv the MOV in the duke game was the killer.

The kstate scenario is a microcosm of why I don’t value FF banners as much as most.

Totally agree. The Kstate loss wasn’t embarrassing except in the context that that whole side of the bracket fell apart and it would have been one of the easier FF paths ever. Then obv the MOV in the duke game was the killer.

The kstate scenario is a microcosm of why I don’t value FF banners as much as most.
How do you feel about Championship banners.

How do you feel about Championship banners.

Only like the ones with the fancy little * next to it.

I know I’m in the minority, but I’d much rather win the ACC tourney or regular season and lose in the elite 8 than finish 2nd in the conference and lose in the final four. But that’s just my opinion.

When we were in the big East I felt the same. The aac not so much.

I'm pretty sure that nobody's consistently getting an easy path to the Final 4.

Well, besides Duke, of course.

I hear there's rumblins of having the entire NCAAT at Cameron Indoor bubble.

UK,UNC,KU, IU fans take over Duke student sections causes small panic.

No but some final fours runs are just sooooooo more impressive than others, yet history remembers them the same. Plus the runner up is no more heralded than the teams that lost in the final four. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind or anything that’s just my opinion.

0 assists in the 2nd half. Defense wasn't bad lol I expected Richmond to win this one. Too tough an early schedule for this set of Cats. Its going to take them some time. Lots of coaching to be done. But the potential is there.

Plus without the fans, Rupp isn't the same. But that goes for every program.

Reactions: RunninRichie
0 assists in the 2nd half. Defense wasn't bad lol I expected Richmond to win this one. Too tough an early schedule for this set of Cats. Its going to take them some time. Lots of coaching to be done. But the potential is there.

Plus without the fans, Rupp isn't the same. But that goes for every program.

You’re Kentucky: NO SCHEDULE IS TOO TOUGH

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I just want to point out he announced he wasnt doing the post game press conference BEFORE the game. So it wasn't something he just got mad at and decided not to do.

Last game he was going through a drive through while doing the phone call interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
No, and it was announced prior to the game that he wouldn't be doing a press conference but would be doing the radio show instead. You can read all about it here.

that’s good to know. It still *looks* bad because anything the big boys do will always look bad no matter the excuse. K sends his assistants to do the half time report and it drives rival fans nuts. But I just assumed the HC was required do the press conference after the game. Guess not.

that’s good to know. It still *looks* bad because anything the big boys do will always look bad no matter the excuse. K sends his assistants to do the half time report and it drives rival fans nuts. But I just assumed the HC was required do the press conference after the game. Guess not.
In the past, when pressed for time after road games, he'd do the wrap up show and Payne did the PC.

ADVERTISEMENT