ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ #7 WVU (College GameDay)

They look superior until the opponent stops playing into their hands and turns it into a half court game. Then their lack of athleticism and shooting ability shows.
They are offensively challenged, to say the least.

They look superior until the opponent stops playing into their hands and turns it into a half court game. Then their lack of athleticism and shooting ability shows.

We're plenty athletic. That's not the problem.

Nobody has turned it into a half court game. We just start doing dumb shit on offense and We keep trying to speed the game up when we dont need to. Our half court D is actually REALLY good. Better than our full court pressure this year.

Shooting definitely a problem. Always is. But shot selection has been our biggest problem in these second half choke jobs IMO.

Last edited:
Why do I feel as if I am being led to the execution chambers? Bad, bad feeling that tomorrow Purdue's gonna return the favor the beat down we game them in Mackey a few years back. I cannot recall the last time I didn't feel confident about our chances, vs Purdue. Probably not since the early Crean years.

West Virginia wins in a blow out, I’m just going to have the game on in the background as I surf my I Pad. I already know what’s going to happen. UK will turn it over a lot, miss a ton of shots especially threes, get into foul trouble including stupid technicals, play soft defense, and Calipari will scream the whole game and make excuses when it’s over.

West Virginia 82
UK 65

I do have one positive though, UK’s non conference SOS is number 12 and number 10 overall, so that will get a huge boost after tomorrow night. I still think UK goes to the NIT though, but should have a one seed, make a run, and get some guys back for next year.

WVU gonna have some fun in this game. UK stands little chance, IMO.

It sure doesn't add up for UK.

WVU turns their opponents over on 26% of their possessions. UK turns it over om 19% of their possessions. That is a bad, bad recipe. Expecially in Morgantown. And especially for a team like UK. If those numbers hold course----UK might lose by 25+.
Solid

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
At this rate we're gonna be in the NIT.

This team is in a serious tailspin. We lose the same way every time, and cant find a way to fix it.

How do you blow 16 and 17 point leads 3 times in 5 games?

I can solve your team problems........... root for UK or KU...... its a lot more fun to be the team that makes big come backs than it is to blow big leads

Because your offense is absolutely awful. The leads giving up have coincided with Konate getting into foul trouble. Carter is good but his offense isn't that good to carry it that much. Got a little help from Bolden tonight but Ahmad and Miles Jr are major disappointments.

I remember when Miles Jr was a freshman I thought that dude was gonna be great as a junior and senior. Lit KU up a couple times as a freshman. I'm not sure he has improved even a little since his freshman year.
This sums everything up

Not as much as when Kentucky beat Louisville by 29 points. We really loved them then.
I liked our 27 point football win better, it was at your house and you didn’t have an interim coach.

27 points in football >>>> 29 in baskeeball

Not gonna lie. That was pretty weak.

After the last couple of weeks you've been having to deal with.... I'm not gonna go for the jugular.... I wouldnt do that to you. so I went for light and corny

I figure you're a lot like this right now

23t2z53.gif

just really dont want to set you off right now LOL

Actually what I said was spot on. UK was down 17. It was b/c of turnovers. They only turned it over 4 times in the 2nd half. That allowed them to "stay in the game", and eventually win. Hence why I said---"IF those numbers(turnovers) hold course, UK could lose by 25". And had they not corrected the turnovers, it likely would've turned out that way.

Try reading and understanding what someone is saying, before posting something. It will better help you not look like such a dumb ass.

Reactions: npreston
I'm obviously ecstatic with the heart and grit we saw in the second half, but I just finished watching the replay and can't help but still be pissed about how we played in the first half.

I'm hoping whatever happened at halftime served as the catalyst we've been waiting for and we start to see the team finally show some cohesion.

@IUfanBorden please go watch the second half at the 7:56 - 7:51 mark and tell me why the possession arrow changed from WVU to UK

i rewatched the second half trying to find a tie up and unless i really missed it i could not find one
at the end of the first half there was a tie up

Actually what I said was spot on. UK was down 17. It was b/c of turnovers. They only turned it over 4 times in the 2nd half. That allowed them to "stay in the game", and eventually win. Hence why I said---"IF those numbers(turnovers) hold course, UK could lose by 25". And had they not corrected the turnovers, it likely would've turned out that way.

Try reading and understanding what someone is saying, before posting something. It will better help you not look like such a dumb ass.
Lmao

I'm obviously ecstatic with the heart and grit we saw in the second half, but I just finished watching the replay and can't help but still be pissed about how we played in the first half.

I'm hoping whatever happened at halftime served as the catalyst we've been waiting for and we start to see the team finally show some cohesion.
As was I a few games back—-then they let it happen again. Hopefully it says something about our teams and not WVU. You take any win you can though.

I was actually surprised at how many stoppage turnovers we had. This team has had a terrible time with making bad passes and turning it over that was but last night the majority of the early ones were either walks or stepping on the in line. What terrifies me about the WVU press was them feasting on us in transition and honestly if Carter doesn’t shoot better than he usually does then that game is tight at the half.

I was actually surprised at how many stoppage turnovers we had. This team has had a terrible time with making bad passes and turning it over that was but last night the majority of the early ones were either walks or stepping on the in line. What terrifies me about the WVU press was them feasting on us in transition and honestly if Carter doesn’t shoot better than he usually does then that game is tight at the half.

A lot of strange things happened in this game.

Mainly Knox suddenly turning into Steph Curry from the 3 point line, and UK shooting out of their minds from the FT line (18 for 18) in the 2nd half.

WVU has a serious problem with building leads in the 1st half, and then just not running any offense in the 2nd half and taking terrible shots.

Like you said, UK turned it over a ton in the 1st half, but most of them were dead ball turnovers. If they were live ball turnovers WVU might have been up 25-30 at the half. Knowing this team, they would've found a way to blow that lead too.

We're plenty athletic. That's not the problem.

Nobody has turned it into a half court game. We just start doing dumb shit on offense and We keep trying to speed the game up when we dont need to. Our half court D is actually REALLY good. Better than our full court pressure this year.

Shooting definitely a problem. Always is. But shot selection has been our biggest problem in these second half choke jobs IMO.
If your halfcourt defense is so good, how come we scored 50 in one half against it?

Reactions: JC for 3
I liked our 27 point football win better, it was at your house and you didn’t have an interim coach.

27 points in football >>>> 29 in baskeeball
I realize it is very hard for you to discuss basketball with a UK fan since Cal and UK owns Louisville. You were the one that brought basketball into the conversation and then was ashamed to continue. I can't say I blame you. I know it is very hard to stay a fan of the dirtiest basketball program in NCAA history. Your favorite coach Pitino was at Louisville 16 years and won 0 NCAA titles. You have the same number of titles that Morehead State has. You are in perfect company.

Last edited:
If your halfcourt defense is so good, how come we scored 50 in one half against it?

Did that fedora cut off the blood flow to your brain?

Why do you think? Because you had a kid that normally shoots 30% shoot out of his mind from 3 and your team shot out of their mind from the ft line.

Also dominated us on the offensive glass with Konate in foul trouble .

Did that fedora cut off the blood flow to your brain?

Why do you think? Because you had a kid that shot out of his mind from 3 and your team shot out of their mind from the ft line.

Also dominated us on the offensive glass with Konate in foul trouble .
1. Wide open 3s aren't hard to make.

2. Have no sympathy for your "fouls 5 times a possession" team getting into foul trouble.

1. Wide open 3s aren't hard to make.

2. Have no sympathy for your "fouls 5 times a possession" team getting into foul trouble.

He usually misses wide open 3's. Kid is not a shooter.

Nobody gives a shit about your sympathy.

We choked and gave another game away in the 2nd half . Is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT