ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ #7 WVU (College GameDay)

doogie503

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Anybody on here making the trip to Morgantown?

If so... Get a ticket to the Fish Fry on Friday night too.

Gonna be fun watching Huggs and Cal give each other shit while raising a bunch of money for cancer research. Will be televised if ya can't be there.

Props to Cal for participating. Hope he's gonna have time to prep for the game with all the balls and pictures Huggs is gonna make him sign for the auction.Winking

Reactions: Hank_

Gonna be fun watching Huggs and Cal give each other shit while raising a bunch of money for cancer research. Will be televised if ya can't be there.

Props to Cal for participating. Hope he's gonna have time to prep for the game with all the balls and pictures Huggs is gonna make him sign for the auction.Winking
Huggins and Cal apparently go way back. Both have said they're old friends.

With that said, I, and I think most UK fans are expected a beatdown. Hopefully we'll return the favor next year in Lexington.

Calipari's signature is worthless. He signs them so often they're like 80's topps baseball cards.

Hopefully it's a fun game and benefits a lot of people. Not sure if any other Big 12/SEC games will do as much for charity.

Reactions: doogie503

Missed this. It will probably be picked up by one of the stations in Lextington.

Huggins and Cal apparently go way back. Both have said they're old friends.

With that said, I, and I think most UK fans are expected a beatdown. Hopefully we'll return the favor next year in Lexington.

Calipari's signature is worthless. He signs them so often they're like 80's topps baseball cards.

Hopefully it's a fun game and benefits a lot of people. Not sure if any other Big 12/SEC games will do as much for charity.

People will pay for it when they know its for a good cause.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nearly got tickets for this one but those ticket prices. :eek:

Not expecting much of a game but go Cats anyway!

a friend of mine has a daughter that is a freshman at WVU
she and her daughter are going to the game
BTW they are both WVU fans

Glad something good is coming from the game because I just can’t see my Cats winning. Could be wrong though.

Not sure what the scoop is on UK this year, did some of the OADs just not pan out this year? I would think UK should have the horses to give us all we can handle and certainly win the game, but with Cal's recruiting tactics they're always just one bad class from being out of it for a season (but obviously right back in the driver's seat the following season).

Not sure what the scoop is on UK this year, did some of the OADs just not pan out this year? I would think UK should have the horses to give us all we can handle and certainly win the game, but with Cal's recruiting tactics they're always just one bad class from being out of it for a season (but obviously right back in the driver's seat the following season).

They haven't left their AAU habits behind yet and still try stuff that leads to silly turnovers, which all teams under Huggs throughout his career have relied on. 11 turnovers last night, 4 of them by Knox. If they can keep their turnover count around that number or surprise me with even less than that, this game could be a barn burner. If they don't.....uggghhhh.

A promising sign last night was less selfishness shown by Diallo. He didn't force things or take bad shots. He played some solid D as well, even blocked a couple shots. Richard and Green need to contribute. 4 points combined ain't gonna cut it. Richards baffles me... If I were a 7-footer, I'd try to rip the rim off every time... he just doesn't seem to have any aggressiveness.

Washington channeled some Julius Randle-type of play last night, Hope it continues. Knox and Alexander remain the biggest 1-2 punch on offense.

Gabriel, Killeye-Jones and Vanderbilt provided the hustle plays and rebounds, just not much in the scoring column.

Reactions: VAWildcat15

The top OAD's go to Duke now.

I haven't checked any numbers, but I don't think Uk has really tanked a game and got blown out. Wvu might have righted their skid with a great game against UT. WVU needs to come out strong and aggressive. I think WVU can win if they don't let UK get out in transition and build confidence. I think if Uk can put up 70 or more they will have a chance to be in the game with 5 min to go

We've tanked some, just not blow outs. We average 80 on the road and they average 81 at home. They rebound better, we shoot better. Our 3 pt defense is 3rd in the nation, but WV doesn't shoot it that well. However we will help Press Virginia as we have too many unforced to's per game.

West Virginia wins in a blow out, I’m just going to have the game on in the background as I surf my I Pad. I already know what’s going to happen. UK will turn it over a lot, miss a ton of shots especially threes, get into foul trouble including stupid technicals, play soft defense, and Calipari will scream the whole game and make excuses when it’s over.

West Virginia 82
UK 65

I do have one positive though, UK’s non conference SOS is number 12 and number 10 overall, so that will get a huge boost after tomorrow night. I still think UK goes to the NIT though, but should have a one seed, make a run, and get some guys back for next year.

Last edited:
Normally we have the guards that i wouldn’t be worried about a pressing team like WVU. Not this year. Our guards may shed tears

Daxter Miles will try to score thirty, for better or worse... Decidedly worse lol

Last edited:
The top of this freshman class just isn't as strong as other seasons so even though UK got a half dozen 5 star recruits, very few of them really appear to be decent college players. Maybe in 2 more seasons but Knox is the only one of them that looks like he should even think about leaving after this year.

is there a game this weekend? if so its a game I'm gonna ignore and pretend that it never happened .

The top of this freshman class just isn't as strong as other seasons so even though UK got a half dozen 5 star recruits, very few of them really appear to be decent college players. Maybe in 2 more seasons but Knox is the only one of them that looks like he should even think about leaving after this year.

Knox has been very inconsistent
Washington is starting to come around and has been playing up to his expectations
SGA has been the most consistent

i think 3-5 will make the jump
as of right now i do not think any of them are sure fire NBA players

Kentucky by 6

tenor.gif

It sure doesn't add up for UK.

WVU turns their opponents over on 26% of their possessions. UK turns it over om 19% of their possessions. That is a bad, bad recipe. Expecially in Morgantown. And especially for a team like UK. If those numbers hold course----UK might lose by 25+.

Kentucky big.

Only thing that gives me doubt is this is WVU's "Super Bowl"

SEC dominance will be on display all day tomorrow. Can't wait!

Kentucky big.

Only thing that gives me doubt is this is WVU's "Super Bowl"

SEC dominance will be on display all day tomorrow. Can't wait!
1/10. And only b/c of your rep. This is probably the worst troll attempt you've ever had.

1/10. And only b/c of your rep. This is probably the worst troll attempt you've ever had.
They are having a strip out, and giving the first 14K LED batons. That could make all the difference.

Plus they're having this guy and his dog as the half time show.

No way UK wins with that much of a superbowl environment.

No kidding?
I'd be ok with a single digit loss. We lost to KU by 4 and that wasn't as bad as I was expecting. This is a very, very young team and showing it multiple occasions during the game. Add all the walks to the turnovers and poor passing to press Virginia. WVU is going to dominate in number of shots.

ADVERTISEMENT