ADVERTISEMENT

UK @ #7 WVU (College GameDay)

As was I a few games back—-then they let it happen again. Hopefully it says something about our teams and not WVU. You take any win you can though.

I think its clearly wvu.

Proves my point when I said we gave KU that game in the 2nd half. We did the exact same thing against UK and Texas tech in the 2nd half. Almost did it with Baylor.

For some reason we get a big lead in the 1h, then in the 2nd we stop running any offense, take terrible shots and stop guarding.

How do you blow three 16+ point leads in the second half in a span of five games. Seriously pathetic.

He usually misses wide open 3's. Kid is not a shooter.

Nobody gives a shit about your sympathy.

We choked and gave another game away in the 2nd half . Is what it is.
He is a streaky shooter. You all were on the wrong end of the streak... Laughing

I think its clearly wvu.

Proves my point when I said we gave KU that game in the 2nd half. We did the exact same thing against UK and Texas tech in the 2nd half. Almost did it with Baylor.

For some reason we get a big lead in the 1h, then in the 2nd we stop running any offense, take terrible shots and stop guarding.

How do you blow three 16+ point leads in the second half in a span of five games. Seriously pathetic.

Yeah, all the all those open threes were given to UK and KU. Btw you answered your own question.

Impressive road win for Kentucky, do the Kentucky fans like them again now? Lol

Weak lol.... Look at my post in the big/sec thread.
I think its clearly wvu.

WVU's 2nd half offense reminded me of Tubby/Saul days. One guy (Saul) would just dribble while everyone else just stood there, then mostly take a bad shot. UK got a lot of rebounds and run outs because of that. That's a 4 or more points swing. Plus no press. And we do suit up 5 stars who are starting to get it.

I think its clearly wvu.

I see what you are saying---We struggle with putting our foot on peoples necks as well. Its hard not to be pessimistic about it. You know they can beat anyone when they play up to their potential---but how often our we able to see that out of Kansas and WVU. If its happened more often than not during the regular season---is that just how the team is, or can it somehow turn a corner and string together 6 games in a row when it matters. In your case---I really think Huggins can try a few things differently if you guys star tot slide in the second half of another game. Play half court trap---run set plays that don't involve isolation. Honestly, I think Konate needs more touches in the post. Losing to UK was bad b/c it was at home and the manner at which you controlled the game and then folded is alarming. If you win----its not going to bump you much, but if you lose it crushes you. Kansas' game had the same kind of implications as well. A&M was on top of the world before all their roster issues. I think they have everyone back now, but it was a solid win that gets you zero credit, and would have been an embarrassing loss had we not come out ahead. TCU and A&M are head scratchers. I think WVU still has a good second half push in them during conference play and have a perfect team to win the conference tourney. We have a huge game against KSU tonight on the road. Log jam at the top if we lose----and even more questions for Kansas if we somehow drop this one.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Wow.... went back and read this thread from the beginning. Lots of big man tough talk and comedy along the way. Even some usual nonsense chipped in by Lil Bro U fans.... (rent free, of course). It was kind of a somber attitude among the masses at the Northern Kentucky BW-3's at the half. My dad, a usually quiet, reserved 77-year old man spoke up at half with one sentence... 'the Cats can come back and win this.' Low and behold, the comeback began, and the faithful UK crowd got louder and louder. I'm sure the beer sales were great for BW's that night. Almost a perfect day of basketball as UK prevailed in an incredibly tough environment while dook and the Tarholes took L's on their home floors. Too bad Wake failed in making the day a perfect one.
The tide has turned, ladies and gents. The Cats just grew up in front of the college basketball-watching world Saturday night. Let the run to March Madness begin!!!

Reactions: treyforuk
Wow.... went back and read this thread from the beginning. Lots of big man tough talk and comedy along the way. Even some usual nonsense chipped in by Lil Bro U fans.... (rent free, of course). It was kind of a somber attitude among the masses at the Northern Kentucky BW-3's at the half. My dad, a usually quiet, reserved 77-year old man spoke up at half with one sentence... 'the Cats can come back and win this.' Low and behold, the comeback began, and the faithful UK crowd got louder and louder. I'm sure the beer sales were great for BW's that night. Almost a perfect day of basketball as UK prevailed in an incredibly tough environment while dook and the Tarholes took L's on their home floors. Too bad Wake failed in making the day a perfect one.
The tide has turned, ladies and gents. The Cats just grew up in front of the college basketball-watching world Saturday night. Let the run to March Madness begin!!!

Don't get too excited, blowing huge leads is what we do.

Don't get too excited, blowing huge leads is what we do.

...this was what we UK fans were waiting for... seeing a 'grow up' situation like the one that played out Saturday night. Regardless of how you're feeling about 'blowing a lead', you guys are a very good team... very tough and physical and your arena atmosphere is insane. For those young guys to be able to weather that storm and come away with a victory speaks volumes for their development.

someone get neck and waist mixed up ???
23mtfr.jpg

Reactions: mebeblue2
I think its clearly wvu.

Well, with KU, the lead was built when our big man was out. When Dok was in, KU was keeping up with you in the first half. It completely changed our dynamic.

It also has some to do with the system. That defense that you guys throw out is tough and creates early turnovers, but teams adapt to it after they calm down a bit. So you've got to counter punch. And lately your team has lacked that punch. I blame it on the offense. If WVU isn't getting turnovers, they lack offensively. Too many spot up jumpers with little to no ball movement. And while Carter is a great player, he tries too often to play hero ball and dribble for a bit and jack up a shot, rather than trying to drive and set up a teammate for a better look.

Well, with KU, the lead was built when our big man was out. When Dok was in, KU was keeping up with you in the first half. It completely changed our dynamic.

It also has some to do with the system. That defense that you guys throw out is tough and creates early turnovers, but teams adapt to it after they calm down a bit. So you've got to counter punch. And lately your team has lacked that punch. I blame it on the offense. If WVU isn't getting turnovers, they lack offensively. Too many spot up jumpers with little to no ball movement. And while Carter is a great player, he tries too often to play hero ball and dribble for a bit and jack up a shot, rather than trying to drive and set up a teammate for a better look.

We don't have the depth at guard that we have in the past. Miss guys like Tarik Phillip, Jaysean Paige and Teyvon Myers.

Carter is having to play 35 mins per game, and that's hard to do with our style of play. Just too tired in the 2nd half.

Our 2nd best guard (Brandon Knapper) is redshirting because of a knee injury, but he's healthy now and people are hoping Huggs pulls the RS.

Last edited:
We don't have the depth at guard that we have in the past. Miss guys like Tarik Phillip, Jaysean Paige and Teyvon Myers.

Carter is having to play 35 mins per game, and that's hard to do with our style of play. Just too tired in the 2nd half.

Our 2nd best guard (Brandon Knapper) is redshirting because of a knee injury, but he's healthy now and people are hoping Huggs pulls the RS.
Oh we know all about depth issues. Graham has played all but 30 seconds over the last 5 games. His shot is struggling right now because of it. Luckily Svi and Newman are playing at a high level to pick up the slack.

ADVERTISEMENT