ADVERTISEMENT

Uh… so, Duke implodes…?

nish in the offseason- We're the best team ever
nish in January- We're winning the title
nish in March- It's joever

Rinse and repeat
I mean we're Preseason Top 3 at worst, why wouldn't I be excited and expect the team to have championship hopes?

Winning a title is an incredibly hard thing to do even if you have the perfect roster and injury luck but as long as you have an elite team, you're giving yourself a puncher's chance.

You can pull it off if it’s one or two freshmen when you surround them with juniors and seniors, OR, the freshmen are transcendent/ generational.
You can't do what Cal was doing and tell everyone that's the best way to win titles, it's not. If winning titles is your goal, you don't constantly try to be the youngest team in the country, then complain about youth.
I think the blueblood strategy should be to recruit 5-6 freshman 5 stars every year, retain a few 5 star freshmen from the previous year and then fill in the holes on the roster with 3-4 proven transfers who fit specific roles on your team and will stay 1-2 years.

Next year, you should expect about half those freshmen to leave but you rinse and repeat the same process again year over year.

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UConn and UNC should basically use the rest of college basketball as a farm system where they pluck the junior and senior guys who's outperformed their HS ranking and now are now solid college basketball players but aren't good enough to go pro overseas or to the NBA.

UConn nailed it this year though they admittedly got lucky with a few things.

Castle: Lottery Pick Freshman
Newton: 5th Year Super Senior Transfer (2nd year in system)
Spencer: 5th Year Super Senior Transfer
Karaban: Returning Sophomore Top 100 Recruit
Clingan: Lottery Pick Sophomore (got lucky he only played limited mins frosh year due to injury)

UConn nailed it this year though they admittedly got lucky with a few things.

Castle: Lottery Pick Freshman
Newton: 5th Year Super Senior Transfer (2nd year in system)
Spencer: 5th Year Super Senior Transfer
Karaban: Returning Sophomore Top 100 Recruit
Clingan: Lottery Pick Sophomore (got lucky he only played limited mins frosh year due to injury)

What part of any of that was luck? And you are way off on Clingan.

I\
What are you talking about? He played ever game as a freshman. Only reason his minutes were down is because he was behind an honorable mention all American center in the rotation.

Reactions: Deepelm
In a shocking turn of events, he took the 200k instead.
Who could blame him? Folks need to stop thinking of the ppl as players. They're individuals trying to make money for themselves and their's. We're just watching.

There's no school pride, the people are trying to show their craft and make money, if they wear your shirt

oof-christian-bale.gif

I mean we're Preseason Top 3 at worst, why wouldn't I be excited and expect the team to have championship hopes?

Winning a title is an incredibly hard thing to do even if you have the perfect roster and injury luck but as long as you have an elite team, you're giving yourself a puncher's chance.

Being happy and being cocky is 2 different things. You're more cocky than anything but like the poster said before, you do this every year and each year posters like myself get to throw it back in your face.

I'm always confident and I pick my spots when to get cocky. Congrats for winning the off season title for the 38th consecutive time. I'm sure that means alot to you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT