ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Shogun was awesome. Last episode might disappoint some but the entire series was like game of thrones season 1... just political maneuvering.
I haven't watched the last three, been gone for a bit. Looking forward them and love the series. Huge fan.

Anyone here played Ninja Gaiden. Loved that game on OG Xbox, Also DOA and DOA volleyball. Loved everything Team Ninja did.

Anyone here played Ninja Gaiden. Loved that game on OG Xbox, Also DOA and DOA volleyball. Loved everything Team Ninja did.
I think we all deserve a new DOA game using UE5.

tumblr-n2ggdhr-Bg31rje51ao1-400.gif

Finished Fallout the other day. One of the best shows I've seen in a while.

Started Shogun. Three episodes in and I think I like it. Looking forward to more action.

For a mindless 2 hour watch, I was entertained by Ricky Stanicky. Cena is pretty good in comedic roles.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sounds like we will all have to wait until 2026, which frankly, is dumb. Wait that long on a new series and you will lose half your audience, and likely not get them back.
You say that but House of the Dragon is coming back this summer and it's been 2 years since it's first season and I guarantee it does huge numbers.

You say that but House of the Dragon is coming back this summer and it's been 2 years since it's first season and I guarantee it does huge numbers.

Possbile. I havent watched 5 min of that one personally.

MAX docs I recently binged...
Onision and the Peter Nygard doc. So thankful I have sons not daughters. What a couple of f'd up scumbags. Not sure how some father didn't murder both of em.

I never played the first two but I remember playing the 3rd Ninja Gaiden. Was a good game so I assume the first two were good as well. They have all 3 of them on gamepass. I might have to go back and play the first two.

I never played the first two but I remember playing the 3rd Ninja Gaiden. Was a good game so I assume the first two were good as well. They have all 3 of them on gamepass. I might have to go back and play the first two.
Very rare I get compliments on my game play. But, I was an artist on it. Love that game.

Just finished Civil war. It was depressing and fun.

*it wasn't fun. It was depressing. honestly, I'd suggest not watching it.

Last edited:
What is this?
It was at the end of a d/led version of Civil War. Thought it was funny/interesting. I've been in the hospital and had surgery for the past week and drugged up. Wasn't thinking clearly. Still not. Everything is fine now.

Reactions: tw3301
Been digging into Roger Corman lately. So far I’ve watched Bucket of Blood, X: Man with the X-Ray eyes, and Little Shop of Horrors. Little Shop of Horrors is the famous one but it was my least favorite. They’re all surprisingly good for tiny budget movies sometimes filmed in a few days.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
Been digging into Roger Corman lately. So far I’ve watched Bucket of Blood, X: Man with the X-Ray eyes, and Little Shop of Horrors. Little Shop of Horrors is the famous one but it was my least favorite. They’re all surprisingly good for tiny budget movies sometimes filmed in a few days.
I love Corman. His Edgar Allen Poe films are good too.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Saw a screening of the original Alien, to find out what people experienced in 1979. Looked awesome, especially for a movie filmed on an $11 million budget.

Started watching We Were the Lucky Ones on HULU. I've blazed through the first 5 episodes in a few days. Show is amazing. Never thought I would see a holocaust/WW2 show that had something to offer I hadn't seen before, but this show has done that.

It's about a Jewish family living in Poland at the start of the war. They all get separated and deal wtih different yet equally tough circumstances as they try to survive. The show starts by telling us that only 10% of the Jews in Poland survived WW2. Some get stuck in ghettos, some end up in Russia which isn't much better than dealing with the Nazis, one even ends up trying to get to Brazil.

As a Jew it hits home a little harder with what is going on in this country these days in terms of rampant antisemitism.

Started watching We Were the Lucky Ones on HULU. I've blazed through the first 5 episodes in a few days. Show is amazing. Never thought I would see a holocaust/WW2 show that had something to offer I hadn't seen before, but this show has done that.

It's about a Jewish family living in Poland at the start of the war. They all get separated and deal wtih different yet equally tough circumstances as they try to survive. The show starts by telling us that only 10% of the Jews in Poland survived WW2. Some get stuck in ghettos, some end up in Russia which isn't much better than dealing with the Nazis, one even ends up trying to get to Brazil.

As a Jew it hits home a little harder with what is going on in this country these days in terms of rampant antisemitism.
Spoiler alert.

Just finished this. Incredibly well done.

ADVERTISEMENT