ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

tenor.gif

One of you two are kong?....I assuming.
We don't actually get to play as one or the other. Starting at noon today, there will be a game mode on Warzone where you can play the map and the two monsters will be roaming around. Godzilla more along the perimeter, Kong closer to the middle. They won't attack you unless you shoot at them, and then I'm guessing they obliterate you.
You can also do a number of things to gain control over them and one of their attacks. Its gonna be pretty cool.

@TheDude1 you ready for Godzilla and Kong tonight?

godzilla-godzilla-vs-kong.gif

Yeah, I suppose so. A little annoyed by CoD right now... game has the lowest game time/fun time ratio of any game I've EVER played... like, a 20 minute game ends up being 30 seconds of parachuting, 4 minutes of picking up gear, and then 15:30 of getting killed, losing a gulag fight, and then being dead hoping someone can buy me back. Now, I know I am not good at the game, but still... I mean, compared to BF... BF is constant, CONSTANT action... flying attack helos and driving tanks and blasting away... and if you die, several seconds later you are back in the thick of it, you know?

But yeah, I'll be there... curious to see what on earth this LOOKS like.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am stupid
Yeah, I suppose so. A little annoyed by CoD right now... game has the lowest game time/fun time ratio of any game I've EVER played... like, a 20 minute game ends up being 30 seconds of parachuting, 4 minutes of picking up gear, and then 15:30 of getting killed, losing a gulag fight, and then being dead hoping someone can buy me back. Now, I know I am not good at the game, but still... I mean, compared to BF... BF is constant, CONSTANT action... flying attack helos and driving tanks and blasting away... and if you die, several seconds later you are back in the thick of it, you know?

did you play the last battlefield? that game is completely ****ed.

Reactions: TheDude1
did you play the last battlefield? that game is completely ****ed.

No! I heard it was TERRIBLE. Last one I played was BF1... the WW1 setting was sort of fun. But I think the kings were still BF3 and BF4... those games were freaking great. 4 is still the best FPS, I think.

What makes it so bad, in your opinion?

I definitely get it. I am frustrated by waiting too sometimes. Happened last night.

No! I heard it was TERRIBLE. Last one I played was BF1... the WW1 setting was sort of fun. But I think the kings were still BF3 and BF4... those games were freaking great. 4 is still the best FPS, I think.

What makes it so bad, in your opinion?
they released a broken game, this seems to be happening a lot more frequently than it should (cyberpunk did this as well as Mass Effect Andromeda a few years ago). glitch after glitch to where it was unplayable, I never played it but i've seen a lot of videos on it- search angry joe battlefield review on youtube and there are a ton of examples of how ****ed that game was at release.

They need a 40 and over mode. I jumped on for the first time in years the other night and basically died before my parachute landed.

They need a 40 and over mode. I jumped on for the first time in years the other night and basically died before my parachute landed.
Seriously. I'm 29 and feel like the game has completely passed me by in a lot of ways. I used to be ruthless on CoD, and now, like you said, some guys are so good, they will shoot me down as soon as I leave the plane.

All in all though, I love the battle royale games, and Warzone IMO is the best one. Most satisfying win in gaming for me.

Reactions: 829305
Most satisfying win in gaming for me.

I will have to take your word for that, being that I'VE NEVER WON.

(Edit: Maybe I did once, but that doesn't make the point as well.)

Changing the color blind settings REALLY helped. I couldn't see ANYTHING before I did, but I didn't realize what I WASN'T seeing. Now, at least, I have a fighting chance, IF I see who is shooting me. But most of the time I just get mowed down from a flank without seeing the shooter.

they released a broken game, this seems to be happening a lot more frequently than it should (cyberpunk did this as well as Mass Effect Andromeda a few years ago). glitch after glitch to where it was unplayable, I never played it but i've seen a lot of videos on it- search angry joe battlefield review on youtube and there are a ton of examples of how ****ed that game was at release.

Gotcha.

Yeah, I never even played V, which is a little strange, given that I'm a WW2 nut. But I am also, in BF, a tanker, and unless it is a Tiger, I'm not sure I want to be driving a WW2 tank:)

Man, I miss the BF3 tanks. Me driving, and an engineer in the gun seat and another in the SOFLAM seat. We were literally unkillable. That's why they got rid of that third seat, but man, while it lasted, it was AMAZING.

Changing the color blind settings REALLY helped. I couldn't see ANYTHING before I did, but I didn't realize what I WASN'T seeing. Now, at least, I have a fighting chance, IF I see who is shooting me. But most of the time I just get mowed down from a flank without seeing the shooter.
You'll get there. Its up there as far as the most adrenaline I've gotten from playing a game, being in the final two or three teams. So much fun.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
@JimboBBN did you play blackout a few years ago? I'm not really a COD fan but I thought that was the best battle Royale. I liked it a lot better than warzone. I just liked the gunplay more.

Trek to Yomi is a pretty cool little game if anyone has gamepass.

these games are only screwing themselves when they pull this crap. Like you mentioned with Cyberpunk, it doesn't matter what they do now to fix it, no one is going to give it a shot after the sham release it had.

Another game is Days Gone. A Sony zombie game. Came out riddled with bugs and got terrible reviews. Then over the course of the next year they released a bunch of patches and fixed the game entirely. I saw a one year later review that said the game was really good now. I played it and loved it. But, it's pretty much the only Sony exclusive not getting a sequel because of the horrible sales during the release period.

So dumb of these companies to go for the short sighed goal of getting the game out quick and getting opening weekend sales vs waiting for the game to be complete before releasing it.

Reactions: tw3301

one thing I've learned from playing some shooters is that it's a good thing for me and the USA that I never joined the military. Based on my gaming experience, if i was in a real war I would die within 10 seconds and somehow still manage to kill several of my own fellow soldiers via friendly fire.

Reactions: TheDude1
these games are only screwing themselves when they pull this crap. Like you mentioned with Cyberpunk, it doesn't matter what they do now to fix it, no one is going to give it a shot after the sham release it had.

Another game is Days Gone. A Sony zombie game. Came out riddled with bugs and got terrible reviews. Then over the course of the next year they released a bunch of patches and fixed the game entirely. I saw a one year later review that said the game was really good now. I played it and loved it. But, it's pretty much the only Sony exclusive not getting a sequel because of the horrible sales during the release period.

So dumb of these companies to go for the short sighed goal of getting the game out quick and getting opening weekend sales vs waiting for the game to be complete before releasing it.

On the flip side, my college roommate is one of the big bosses at Halo. They missed their release date BADLY, and it did NOT go well for them.

One note; they send the game to the disc pressing company full of bugs and errors… but the process takes MONTHS, to make all of the discs, so they continue to work on it during that time. That is why you always get updates as soon you install. I think what happens is that some companies send them in and are not able to fix them in time.

On the flip side, my college roommate is one of the big bosses at Halo. They missed their release date BADLY, and it did NOT go well for them.

One note; they send the game to the disc pressing company full of bugs and errors… but the process takes MONTHS, to make all of the discs, so they continue to work on it during that time. That is why you always get updates as soon you install. I think what happens is that some companies send them in and are not able to fix them in time.
Yeah but I played halo infinite at release (not on disc, own 0 Xbox one games on disc) and it was great. Take the extra time and release a non broken game. Battlefield and cyberpunk are dead, like @WeAreDePaul said no one is coming back to those games. You're going to have a glitch or an issue here and there but those games were BROKEN and that's bullshit.

Yeah but I played halo infinite at release (not on disc, own 0 Xbox one games on disc) and it was great. Take the extra time and release a non broken game. Battlefield and cyberpunk are dead, like @WeAreDePaul said no one is coming back to those games. You're going to have a glitch or an issue here and there but those games were BROKEN and that's bullshit.

Its funny, I just got No Mans Sky, which came out in 2016 and people expected amazing things, but man, apparently it was TERRIBLE. But they've been steadily working on it since then, and now it is supposed to be pretty good! I'm generally enjoying it, but not LOVING it... still, a cool story.

Its funny, I just got No Mans Sky, which came out in 2016 and people expected amazing things, but man, apparently it was TERRIBLE. But they've been steadily working on it since then, and now it is supposed to be pretty good! I'm generally enjoying it, but not LOVING it... still, a cool story.
Love No Mans Sky.

I barely remember intellivsion. with their little keypads. I remember Atari 26/5200 and Commodore 64 with the books to type in the codes only to save them on cassettes HDS'. Ninendo came out and thought rc pro am/gauntlet, pro wrestling/blades of steel was the best ever. So on and so forth.

Loved goldeneye/mario cart etc.

PS1 PS2, Sega and burning games.

Halo was epic. Lan parties. Lan parties online before there was xbox live.

Pacman and Qbert at the local bowling ally. Double dragon, mortal kombat at the arcades.

Love No Mans Sky.

Oh, no shit?! I'm enjoying it, but it seems to be nearly impossible to find fuel to go to other solar systems. Am I crazy? I am still doing the Artemis storyline, so maybe I'm just not that far along yet? I just found out that the coordinates are not any place we know.

BTW, don't love the NPCs and the style of interaction/communication. Feels... I don't know, impersonal.

HAH! Wife and I LITERALLY just watched that about two days ago:)

The new doctor strange movie was incredible. I don’t know if I liked this or the new Spider-Man better. Spider-Man had Toby McGuire and old villains from past movies. Doctor Strange was introduced the Illuminati and the head man ended up being proffesor X which brings X Men into the multiverse. I’d recommend both these movies to anyone with time.

ADVERTISEMENT