ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

This guy interests me way more than Kadin Shedrick. UVA fans should feel the same way. Think he'd be a great target for UVA, actually. Upside is huge.

Jamarion Sharp is the only player in college basketball with a higher block percentage than Onyenso.

This guy interests me way more than Kadin Shedrick. UVA fans should feel the same way. Think he'd be a great target for UVA, actually. Upside is huge.

Jamarion Sharp is the only player in college basketball with a higher block percentage than Onyenso.
i don't understand this. Why did he go to Kentucky in the first place if he's just gonna transfer because of playing time? Did he not realize that the NOPY was returning to KY last year and he plays the same position?

So stupid, all of it. Either the world is full of really stupid kids and even dumber parents or the world is full of coaches who lie their asses off and promise recruits the moon when they have no intention of delivering it?

i don't understand this. Why did he go to Kentucky in the first place if he's just gonna transfer because of playing time? Did he not realize that the NOPY was returning to KY last year and he plays the same position?

So stupid, all of it. Either the world is full of really stupid kids and even dumber parents or the world is full of coaches who lie their asses off and promise recruits the moon when they have no intention of delivering it

Haha right.

Though, him transferring might have more to do with Aaron Bradshaw than Tshiebwe. He might feel like he was being recruited over. Someone will reap the benefits of his skillset, though. Would love to have him at Duke, personally. 15 minutes as a sophomore - then transition into a starter by junior season.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I've always assumed Tshiebwe was done after this year. But, anyone know if he's thinking about coming back for a 5th year?

You can't underestimate the confidence players have in themselves, especially first year out of HS. These guys expect their game to speak volumes and they don't believe they're going to be riding bench. They may see a player in front of them but they either think they can beat them out, play enough as the reserve, or maybe even play at the same time, and live out their dreams. One, maybe two years, then NBA Lottery.

As for that UK brand you factor in the high # of draft picks, TV exposure, NIL, and excellent co-ed booty walking around that campus and it's indeed viewed as an ideal landing spot for that young gun just leaving HS.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Whoa. Rupp Rafters is not taking this news well. Sounds like most of them want Calipari gone. I'm sure many wanted him long gone before this transfer announcement, but this only compounds the issue. Cal better deliver something next March. Fanbase is growing very impatient.

They have a loaded class next year. It's a pretty big year for 'em. Their class next year feels more like one of those original classes he signed, but their fans probably know more about all that than I do. This isn't to give him a pass on his recent teams and classes, they should have done better. I don't know what's missing there. They looked pretty blah at G this year.

All I know is if they have a short March again it could finally get ugly but he's got a massive buyout. I think they end up making a run at it next year though. The incoming guards look nasty in a good way.

Hearing that Dickinson is Zooming w/ Kentucky today.

Ingram got an immediate KU pick from a recruiting "insider" after entering the portal.

Jamison Battle to Ohio State.

Ryan Nembhard (Creighton) and Kalib Boone (Oklahoma State) are now in the portal.

Gotta imagine Mark Few is gonna go hard after Nembhard. Brother played there - and Zags need better guards.

Jamison Battle to Ohio State.

Ryan Nembhard (Creighton) and Kalib Boone (Oklahoma State) are now in the portal.

Gotta imagine Mark Few is gonna go hard after Nembhard. Brother played there - and Zags need better guards.
Rumor is Arizona is the team to beat. Lloyd recruited his brother at Gonzaga and is tight with the family

Rumor is Arizona is the team to beat. Lloyd recruited his brother at Gonzaga and is tight with the family

Yeah, that would certainly make sense. I'd still expect Few to aggressively recruit Nembhard.

Utah State's Steven Ashworth just entered the portal, too. I'd rather have Nembhard - but Ashworth can shoot the crap out of the ball. Probably a top 100 player from this past season.

Reactions: F-Duke
El Ellis to the portal from Louisville I'm thinking he ends up @ NC St.

What's the connection with NC State? Pardon my ignorance.

That's potentially a big time portal addition wherever he ends up. He had moments where he looked like an ACC POTY candidate.

What's the connection with NC State? Pardon my ignorance.

That's potentially a big time portal addition wherever he ends up. He had moments where he looked like an ACC POTY candidate.
He's from Durham. I think he wants to play closer to home. I don't have any insider info on it though.

Reactions: TKBray
Hunter is a but of a bag but a very good player. He would be a great pickup for Kentucky if they lose Oscar.

Hearing Ware from Oregon, to Indiana...

Would be a HUGE get.

ADVERTISEMENT