ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Season

jaruis Hamilton , and yup, that game

He was hurt the one game we played them this year and last year he played all of 1 minute against us. So...I didn’t see him play in person lol.

BC has sucked pretty bad lately so they aren’t worth watching much. But I recall him having solid size, being an okay rebounder, and he likes to take a lot of threes. Occasionally he makes them too!

That game...brutal. We had it won until a couple of big shots by them late in regulation. Then our best defender on the number one defense in the country gets turned around on an inbounds play under the basket and they win in a layup. Ouch.

That would surprise me because I believe Hamilton desires athleticism up front.

We need another big. Only have one 7 footer on the roster right now. We are recruiting a high school one, but he’s a project who will probably redshirt. Super freak of an athlete though.

We need another big. Only have one 7 footer on the roster right now. We are recruiting a high school one, but he’s a project who will probably redshirt. Super freak of an athlete though.

Haarms is good but not worth the minutes on the floor for a team like Florida State.
If you are looking to spread the floor on offense and have a stretch 5 I think he could be a good player but I don't think Hamilton is looking to change much.
Wants the athletes who will out run and out hustle the competition

Haarms is good but not worth the minutes on the floor for a team like Florida State.
If you are looking to spread the floor on offense and have a stretch 5 I think he could be a good player but I don't think Hamilton is looking to change much.
Wants the athletes who will out run and out hustle the competition

Haarms is a pretty damn good athlete for a 7'3 guy. He runs the floor easily and has a very high motor. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Haarms is a pretty damn good athlete for a 7'3 guy. He runs the floor easily and has a very high motor. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Great player. Has an intensity to the game that most players don't nave. High basketball IQ with the ability to spread the floor.
Nothing against Haarms.

Watch Florida State. Leonard Hamilton is very underrated as a coach and the reason is he has a program and with that program he likes a certain style of players.

Watch the 2020 recruit they are going after Ballard and compare that to Haarms.

There is a list of the 20-25 schools who contacted him.

Going to somewhere that will give him 25-30 minutes.
Like I said I don't think Florida State has those minutes.

One of the schools that makes basketball sense is Oklahoma State.
Clears the lane for Cunningham and Likekele plus gives them a shooter on the perimeter.
Yor Anei is a great shot blocker but can clog the lane

There is a list of the 20-25 schools who contacted him.

Going to somewhere that will give him 25-30 minutes.
Like I said I don't think Florida State has those minutes.

One of the schools that makes basketball sense is Oklahoma State.
Clears the lane for Cunningham and Likekele plus gives them a shooter on the perimeter.
Yor Anei is a great shot blocker but can clog the lane

We do not have 25-30 minutes to give him. That’s for sure. 15-20 is more like what he would get here.

He wants as many minutes as possible, would he be the starting center at UK?

The only guy we have that could play the 5 as of now weighs like 200 pounds lol. Richards is gone and EJ is awful so who cares if he leaves for the G-League or Switzerland or wherever.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The only guy we have that could play the 5 as of now weighs like 200 pounds lol. Richards is gone and EJ is awful so who cares if he leaves for the G-League or Switzerland or wherever.

….going because his daddy is telling him to go. Parents need to back off these kids.... they become the difference in some of them winding up with very short pro careers.

Unfortunately I think we are in the same boat with Jay Scrubb and his father. Seems to want to get paid now even if it means in the d league or on another continent, bc I don’t think he will be drafted unless someone takes a flier on him late in the second round, which still doesn’t guarantee a roster spot/contract.

Last edited:
Yes, without question. He would have zero competition at the 5 spot.

I agree. I think Haarms would be a nice fit at UK. It would most-assuredly send EJ Montgomery to the pros, when in reality he is nothing more than a back-up role player. It would be best to have them both.

Haarms would fit in nicely at UK since he also hasn't been past the Elite 8 since 2015
giphy.gif

Really excited about this commitment. Sounds like he'll redshirt next year and then have 2 years of eligibility. Seems like he will be a nice replacement for Hauser.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT