ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Season

There's probably more to Joey Baker's story and all these guys really. Maybe Baker had issues arriving on time. Maybe he was a slacker. Maybe he just wasn't as good as guys playing ahead of him. Maybe the dude was playing a little banged up. Or.....maybe K is just one gigantic asshole. Could be that too.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The kid was a 4 star from Fayetteville, NC. Enrolled at duke a year early so he can redshirt, K burned his red shirt soon after Zion got hurt and he barely saw the court. This past year the same thing. I'm really surprised he's not in the transfer portal.
You always seem to know so much about the inner working of your biggest rivals players and their relationship with K.
Joey played quite a bit this year. Great asset for the team.

He and his family love Duke and K. Why would he transfer. See Jordan Goldwire. Maybe he over playing for the. EST coach and program in college hoops.

You always seem to know so much about the inner working of your biggest rivals players and their relationship with K.
Joey played quite a bit this year. Great asset for the team.

He and his family love Duke and K. Why would he transfer. See Jordan Goldwire. Maybe he over playing for the. EST coach and program in college hoops.

I figured your punk ass would chime in, you never disappoint in that regard. I'm going to ask you the same thing you ask others, We're you at practice everyday? Better yet did you sit on the bench during the games? Did k call you and give his take? I doubt neither of those things happen but what I do know is that the kid didn't see the court a lot this season. Like I said earlier I'm surprised he's not in the transfer portal.

I figured your punk ass would chime in, you never disappoint in that regard. I'm going to ask you the same thing you ask others, We're you at practice everyday? Better yet did you sit on the bench during the games? Did k call you and give his take? I doubt neither of those things happen but what I do know is that the kid didn't see the court a lot this season. Like I said earlier I'm surprised he's not in the transfer portal.
He averaged 12 minutes a game. And to answer your questions. Nope. But I also don’t question other coaches PT for their players. You earn PT in practice. Simple. Like you.

He averaged 12 minutes a game. And to answer your questions. Nope. But I also don’t question other coaches PT for their players. You earn PT in practice. Simple. Like you.

He played a total of 13 minutes in the last 2 games, didn't play in 3. Also k pulled a fast on him and in burning is red shirt, still didn't help. Take that knee Phil....

He played a total of 13 minutes in the last 2 games, didn't play in 3. Also k pulled a fast one in him and in burning is red shirt, still didn't help. Take that knee Phil....
So you know the Baker family?

You hate it when I do this to you but you have no problem doing to it others. And you call yourself smart...RollLaugh
Have no idea what you are supposedly “ doing to me”, but is that a no on knowing the Baker family.

Have no idea what you are supposedly “ doing to me”, but is that a no on knowing the Baker family.

You contradict yourself on a regular basis and with all that education you say you have common sense is something you lack severely.

You contradict yourself on a regular basis and with all that education you say you have common sense is something you lack severely.
So that is a no on knowing the Baker family and having first hand knowledge of the conversations between Joey, his family and K/ Duke. Got it. Thanks.

Carter Diarra will grad transfer to Virginia Tech. You could argue that VT is net gaining with the addition of Diarra and the loss of Nolley. Diarra will be a big-time player in the ACC.

Reactions: KisteK
Carter Diarra will grad transfer to Virginia Tech. You could argue that VT is net gaining with the addition of Diarra and the loss of Nolley. Diarra will be a big-time player in the ACC.

Sounds like they forced out Isaiah Wilkins to make room for Diarra. He should be a solid player for VT but he seems like he’s a ball dominant guard who is not a great 3 point shooter. But they need someone who can break down defenses off the dribble so it makes sense.

Sounds like they forced out Isaiah Wilkins to make room for Diarra. He should be a solid player for VT but he seems like he’s a ball dominant guard who is not a great 3 point shooter. But they need someone who can break down defenses off the dribble so it makes sense.

Sounds about right. Wilkins regressed a little bit from last season. With Diarra and three solid freshmen coming in, he'd most likely see less playing time. VT also has Keve Aluma, a Wofford transfer, who will be eligible next season. I'm not sure how ball-dominant Diarra can be, however. Bede is still there, and I can't imagine him losing complete reign over the ball-handling duties.

It will be interesting to see how this team comes together. If they start Bede-Diarra-Radford in the backcourt, you could argue that's the worst shooting backcourt in the country. Obviously Cone-Cattoor-Alleyne can all shoot, so it will most likely be a mix. Most likely an NIT team, but I could see this possibly being a team that sneaks into the tournament. They have a lot of nice pieces. But, there's obviously a big difference between nice pieces and great pieces.

Reactions: jhmossy
Sounds about right. Wilkins regressed a little bit from last season. With Diarra and three solid freshmen coming in, he'd most likely see less playing time. VT also has Keve Aluma, a Wofford transfer, who will be eligible next season. I'm not sure how ball-dominant Diarra can be, however. Bede is still there, and I can't imagine him losing complete reign over the ball-handling duties.

It will be interesting to see how this team comes together. If they start Bede-Diarra-Radford in the backcourt, you could argue that's the worst shooting backcourt in the country. Obviously Cone-Cattoor-Alleyne can all shoot, so it will most likely be a mix. Most likely an NIT team, but I could see this possibly being a team that sneaks into the tournament. They have a lot of nice pieces. But, there's obviously a big difference between nice pieces and great pieces.

Their lack of size will still probably hurt them. The ACC should also be much better than last year. Thus, even if they are better than last year, I’m not sure it’ll be reflected in their record. I’m sure they’ll still feast on a very weak OOC schedule so they may rack up enough wins.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Their lack of size will still probably hurt them. The ACC should also be much better than last year. Thus, even if they are better than last year, I’m not sure it’ll be reflected in their record. I’m sure they’ll still feast on a very weak OOC schedule so they may rack up enough wins.

I agree that the ACC will be a lot better next season. The difference should be night and day. So, the good news for teams like Virginia Tech, is there will be Quad 1 games close to every game in league play. They'll have ample opportunities to prove themselves.

I do think their frontcourt will be much improved, though. Aluma will start at the 5 from day one. I could see him averaging something like 11 points/8 rebounds. VT will most likely start Horne at the 4 and Aluma at the 5. When Horne is out of the game, they'll play 4 guards. Ojiako and N'Guessan should be adequate bigs in reserve. N'Guessan's brother was the starting center for ETSU this year. Quick and agile. The young brother still has a ways to go, but I think he'll see a fair share of minutes as a freshmen. Right now, I think this is an NIT team, with a reasonable shot at an at-large bid.

Reactions: jhmossy
What issue? I'm just talking about K's opinion on them. He thinks it is wrong to take them.

K said that in 2013. Just four years ago, Roy said, "Let's face it: This is a great rule for the kids and a terrible one for the coaches that lose these kids. In principle, it's OK. But it's not very good for college basketball."

Coaches evolve and change their stances over time.

K said that in 2013. Just four years ago, Roy said, "Let's face it: This is a great rule for the kids and a terrible one for the coaches that lose these kids. In principle, it's OK. But it's not very good for college basketball."

natures way
you either evolve or get left behind

The issue hasn't changed. It is no different now than it was then. Neither of them think it is good for these smaller programs. They just care about winning more.

Because it is almost impossible for Duke to take them.
They have to be accepted into one of Duke's graduate program

A large state school it is much easier. But Duke is a private school that doesn't have a bunch of graduate programs.

I have a feeling they could make it work, lol.

Two things that need to change are
1. Grad Transfers
2. Getting high school kids to reclassify

shit is getting out of hand.

Is there a cutoff date that players can no longer enter the transfer portal?Also a cutoff date for declaring for the draft?

Kansas State loses a couple of guys,
Sloan and Shadd after already losing
Diarra and Love

Incredibly curious as to where Matt Haarms will end up

ADVERTISEMENT