ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Season

theetommyt

Mar 13, 2012
I guess there are a couple dozen hitting the open market today alone. Who's leaving and where are they going?

Brycen Goodine, #97 recruit who played limited minutes for ‘Cuse, has entered the portal

Reactions: jhmossy
Indiana will probably be looking for shooting guards that can shoot. I could see Damezi Anderson transferring out, and Justin Smith being a grad transfer to an academically prestigious grad program.

Fran does not have any scholarships left. but it is nice to see who is transferring and where from.

Indiana will probably be looking for shooting guards that can shoot. I could see Damezi Anderson transferring out, and Justin Smith being a grad transfer to an academically prestigious grad program.

I wanted smith out of high school but we could use a shooter since that’s all we’re gonna lose.

Jalen Carey is also leaving Syracuse. He sucked bigly at ‘Cuse but I think he’ll be a good player down the road

Anyone want Landers Nolley? He is leaving Virginia Tech. I think he would be good for a school that plays zone since his defense isn't good right now. He shot terribly in ACC play but we had a freshman several years ago that had a similar slump in Dorian Finney-Smith and he transferred to Florida and had a pretty good career.

Anyone want Landers Nolley? He is leaving Virginia Tech. I think he would be good for a school that plays zone since his defense isn't good right now. He shot terribly in ACC play but we had a freshman several years ago that had a similar slump in Dorian Finney-Smith and he transferred to Florida and had a pretty good career.

Wow. Did not see that coming. I bet Tom Crean will pursue him heavily.

Reactions: vtpmt81 and jhmossy

I assumed he would go pro. I'm pretty surprised that he's entering the portal.

Reactions: vtpmt81
I assumed he would go pro. I'm pretty surprised that he's entering the portal.

If he would have played better in ACC play he would have gone pro. He just isn't a good enough defender as well. He needs a year or two to work on his game. He is a very smart kid (not Brogdon smart but smart) though so I think he will be fine no matter what happens.

Reactions: jhmossy
Nolley was solid but I don't really want UNC going after a 4 that wants to be a wing. They need a legit wing.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
K will probably name him a captain. Seriously though, why do you say that?
Matthew Hurt has taken Duke out of his profile picture, header and bio. A transfer seems inevitable at this point for the freshman who averaged 9.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 20.5 minutes per game this season for the Blue Devils.
ETQ5Q7OWkAMW-2j

Matt Travis posted this on Twitter...

Purse speculation

Reactions: wesr
Ah, I don't ever take anything from these guys and their social media accounts. Who knows what the hell they are thinking or doing?

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Ah, I don't ever take anything from these guys and their social media accounts. Who knows what the hell they are thinking or doing?
I take it with a grain of salt...Thought it was interesting...

Matthew Hurt has taken Duke out of his profile picture, header and bio. A transfer seems inevitable at this point for the freshman who averaged 9.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 20.5 minutes per game this season for the Blue Devils.
ETQ5Q7OWkAMW-2j

Matt Travis posted this on Twitter...

Purse speculation

I think Hurt saw himself as a OAD. I believe it's more likely that he declares for the draft than transfers. While his numbers aren't eye-popping, he's still a very reliable shooter and could have a shot at being taken in the 2nd round.

Pitt's Trey McGowens is likely to transfer. Heckuva an athlete. Fun player to watch. Needs a to work on his shot and ball security.

Also, Quinnipiac's Kevin Marfo is available. Marfo led the nation in rebounds at 13.3 per game. He will be pursued by a host of P6 schools.

This transfer season is going to be wild. We're likely to have 1,000+ in the portal before it's all said and done. And very few of those guys will have the opportunity to visit the campuses of prospective schools, or talk face-to-face with potential coaches and teammates. How well can someone know what a school has to offer through a phone call? Yikes.

Throw in the fact that it's very unlikely that there will be any pre-draft workouts. NBA early entrants are left with a guessing game, only taking advice from people who are likely to be guessing themselves. Rosters are going to look radically different in three months.

ADVERTISEMENT