ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Resumes

Mgkcbb

Apr 2, 2016
Which teams have the top 5 resumes so far?

Here are mine in no particular order

Arizona State
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #10 BPI Xavier
Away win @ #4 BPI Kansas

Losses:
None

UNC
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #24 BPI Arkansas
Home win over #30 BPI Michigan
Away win over #27 BPI Tennessee

Losses:
Neutral Michigan State

Duke
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #7 Michigan State
Neutral win over #41 Texas
Neutral win over #29 Florida

Losses:
@BC

Purdue
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Away win over #53 Marquette
Neutral win over BPI #18 Arizona
Home win over BPI #36 Louisville
Home win over BPI #40 Northwestern
Away win over BPI #33 Maryland

Losses:
Neutral WKU
Neutral Tennessee

Texas AnM
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Win over #60 Ok State
Neutral win over #43 Penn State
Neutral win over BPI #11 West Virginia

Losses:
Neutral vs Arizona

If Ive missed someone pet me know but those are the best 5 I could find.

Which teams have the top 5 resumes so far?

Here are mine in no particular order

Arizona State
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #10 BPI Xavier
Away win @ #4 BPI Kansas

Losses:
None

UNC
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #24 BPI Arkansas
Home win over #30 BPI Michigan
Away win over #27 BPI Tennessee

Losses:
Neutral Michigan State

Duke
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Neutral win over #7 Michigan State
Neutral win over #41 Texas
Neutral win over #29 Florida

Losses:
@BC

Purdue
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Away win over #53 Marquette
Neutral win over BPI #18 Arizona
Home win over BPI #36 Louisville
Home win over BPI #40 Northwestern
Away win over BPI #33 Maryland

Losses:
Neutral WKU
Neutral Tennessee

Texas AnM
Top 60 BPI Wins:
Win over #60 Ok State
Neutral win over #43 Penn State
Neutral win over BPI #11 West Virginia

Losses:
Neutral vs Arizona

If Ive missed someone pet me know but those are the best 5 I could find.

RollLaugh

Reactions: SNU0821
Silerb,

On ignore you go bub. Your posts are no longer worthy of my eyes.

Silerb,

On ignore you go bub. Your posts are no longer worthy of my eyes.

Top 60 bpi wins are definatly what we should use. Why not top 25, or top 100? Hell why not top 50 or kenpom or rpi?

I know why.. lol carry on.

Top 60 bpi wins are definatly what we should use. Why not top 25, or top 100? Hell why not top 50 or kenpom or rpi?

But even if we went top 50 or top 40 for that matter the narrative is the same. Why deny it?

The only team that benefits is AM. Marquette doesn’t dramatically enhance Purdue’s.

I guess I like ASU’s the best, just from pure quality. However Kansas has looked shaky and can really make or break that resume.

Reactions: KisteK
But even if we went top 50 or top 40 for that matter the narrative is the same. Why deny it?
You know exactly why Mgkcbb was using Top 60. It’s pathetic. For someone who claims to be a B10 fan, he sure has a hard on for everything Purdue.

Reactions: jadeezra
The only team that benefits is AM. Marquette doesn’t dramatically enhance Purdue’s.

I guess I like ASU’s the best, just from pure quality. However Kansas has looked shaky and can really make or break that resume.

I like Purdues the best once I factor in margin of victory.

15 point victory at Marquette
26 point victory over Arizona
9 point victory over Louisville.
Then 5 point victories at Maryland and vs NW.

This is why BPI, Sagarin, and TeamRankings love Purdue. KenPom does as well to a lesser extent, but is still influenced by pre-season projections, IIRC.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Hurley will leave after this year for a blue blood. If I'm a duke fan after k retires in 20 years I would want him as a coach. Problem is I think capel thinks he's coach in waiting but he can't coach he's proven that. If duke could get Hurley and retain capel they are set but I think k will chose his successor and you know it will be capel. Problem is he's terrible he proved that while at Oklahoma and the times he coached for k

You know exactly why Mgkcbb was using Top 60. It’s pathetic. For someone who claims to be a B10 fan, he sure has a hard on for everything Purdue.
If he drops it from top 60 to 50 only one team falls off of Purdue's resume. What metric would be good enough for you, because obviously nothing with Purdue in a good light fits?

What’s pathetic is you stalking MJ in every thread like a jealous ex-gf. Using top-50 doesn’t really change the narrative much at all for Purdue.

Had no clue he even commented ITT until I read this post and clicked on show ignore.

Literally every single thread he has to tell me how much he hates that I talk positively about Purdue. Why I threw him on ignore. Even took him off just to tell him how awesome it was that IU got a great win and RoJo finally played well.

Have learned from the truly elite poster in @FaithPlusOne that the ignore feature is your best friend if all posters want to do is troll.

The Arizona one looks impressive on paper but that team was a dumpster fire at the time and I'm still not sure why they're ranked so high after dropping 3 games in a row. The Louisville 9 point victory is inflated a bit because they fouled trying to get back into it, that game was back and forth for 39 minutes. Still impressive, but the obvious "hey look at my team" aspect of this thread is a little too on the nose.

What’s pathetic is you stalking MJ in every thread like a jealous ex-gf. Using top-50 doesn’t really change the narrative much at all for Purdue.
What’s pathetic is you acting like a hall monitor for anyone that criticizes anything Purdue related. You would rip an Indiana fan if we pulled that crap. You don’t because he’s a Purdue fan.

If he drops it from top 60 to 50 only one team falls off of Purdue's resume. What metric would be good enough for you, because obviously nothing with Purdue in a good light fits?
It has nothing to do with the metric and everything about how pathetic he is for choosing Top 60 because it gave you guys an additional win. Again, you and the other part time Purdue posters here would rip IU or MSU fans for doing something like this. You don’t because you’re a Purdue fan.

Louisville is one game away from being champion of the Gotham classic, that’s a brutal round robin between five great teams.

MSU w/ a neutral blowout of UNC and a comfortable home win against ND vs. a tight neutral loss against Duke should have them up there as well.
Yeah I agree, especially if we're taking margin of victory into account.

The Arizona one looks impressive on paper but that team was a dumpster fire at the time and I'm still not sure why they're ranked so high after dropping 3 games in a row. The Louisville 9 point victory is inflated a bit because they fouled trying to get back into it, that game was back and forth for 39 minutes. Still impressive, but the obvious "hey look at my team" aspect of this thread is a little too on the nose.
Dude...nearly 100% of the posts are hey look at my team.

Reactions: tw3301
I'm not really sure the committee is going to caveat that Arizona win. Maybe if they go nuts and get back to the top 5 or something, but if they're like #15, it seems irresponsible to look down on that win.

A problem for Purdue though will be the fact that we only have one shot at an elite win...and it's at East Lansing. We will have the opportunity to end up with a bunch of top 50 and top 100 wins though. Unfortunately my guess is we drop at least one more to a shit program.
Yeah I agree, especially if we're taking margin of victory into account.
Yeah to me their resume isn't really different than ASU's.

Hurley will leave after this year for a blue blood. If I'm a duke fan after k retires in 20 years I would want him as a coach. Problem is I think capel thinks he's coach in waiting but he can't coach he's proven that. If duke could get Hurley and retain capel they are set but I think k will chose his successor and you know it will be capel. Problem is he's terrible he proved that while at Oklahoma and the times he coached for k

Rent free

Arizona St looks legit. Maybe the best guards in the country and Hurley can coach.

Reactions: KisteK
You could make the same argument for Purdue at the time. I mean, both teams were 0-2 in that tournament going into that game...

To an extent, however this thread was created with the sole purpose of getting other fans to acknowledge how good Purdue is... we get it.
Again nearly 100% of the posts are of the same nature. Same shit happens every year that someone other than "The Usual Suspects" are mentioned in any favorable light. More laughable that a Blueblood would complain about it when a good percentage of the posts are reach arounds between fans of the good old boys. e.g.... How awesome is Bagley...pretty awesome! How about JJJ? I know man! All American!!! Reeks of hey look at me.

Reactions: MGC_07

Arizona lost by 6 to NC State and 6 to SMU before playing Purdue. They werent a dumpster fire by any means. Purdue made them look like one because they absolutely dumptrucked them, but they by no means looked like a dumpster fire losing to teams similar to Boston College by essentially the same margin Duke lost to BC by. Only a troll would insinuate Duke was a dumpster fire losing to BC by 5.

The narrative surrounding the Arizona team is so odd. Theyve since won 2 road games, have beaten top 10 Texas AnM on a neutral floor, and beaten Alabama at home. Theyre top 25 by every metric I can find. They may not even lose 4 more games the rest of the season.

Purdues win over Arizona will undoubtedly be one of the 10 most impressive victories come March when comparing resumes(hence the meaning of the thread).

And then again beating Louisville by 9 when going 5 of 23 from 3 is impressive as well.

This Purdue teams resume is one of 5 best in the nation at this point.

MSU w/ a neutral blowout of UNC and a comfortable home win against ND vs. a tight neutral loss against Duke should have them up there as well.

A tight neutral loss when Bagley barely played isnt good enough for top 5. The UNC one will be one of the 5-10 best at the end of the year Id imagine.

The ND win is still solid despite their recent failures, and as you said, especially when you consider how much they controlled that game.

That being said, MSUs resume isnt on par with any of these 5 teams besides Texas AnM.

I did strongly consider them though and settled on AnM. Probably subconsciously so people wouldnt accuse me of being a B1G homer.

Arizona lost by 6 to NC State and 6 to SMU before playing Purdue. They werent a dumpster fire by any means. Purdue made them look like one because they absolutely dumptrucked them, but they by no means looked like a dumpster fire losing to teams similar to Boston College by essentially the same margin Duke lost to BC by. Only a troll would insinuate Duke was a dumpster fire losing to BC by 5.

The narrative surrounding the Arizona team is so odd. Theyve since won 2 road games, have beaten top 10 Texas AnM on a neutral floor, and beaten Alabama at home. Theyre top 25 by every metric I can find. They may not even lose 4 more games the rest of the season.

Purdues win over Arizona will undoubtedly be one of the 10 most impressive victories come March when comparing resumes(hence the meaning of the thread).

And then again beating Louisville by 9 when going 5 of 23 from 3 is impressive as well.

This Purdue teams resume is one of 5 best in the nation at this point.
Ok my mistake, Arizona wasn't a dumpster fire they were really killing it during their 3 straight losses. It won't matter as someone else commented when the selection committee meets but let's not act like Arizona was clicking on all cylinders when you all played.

Ok my mistake, Arizona wasn't a dumpster fire they were really killing it during their 3 straight losses. It won't matter as someone else commented when the selection committee meets but let's not act like Arizona was clicking on all cylinders when you all played.
And Purdue was clicking on all cylinders? Hmm interesting. I swore they had just lost two straight games in two days just like Arizona.

And Purdue was clicking on all cylinders? Hmm interesting. I swore they had just lost two straight games in two days just like Arizona.
good point, with those losses Purdue's resume isn't that good.

This appears to be TW's message board version of a Duke flop.

What does one game have anything to do with the next?

The 5 games after Purdue beat Zona, theyve won every single one including giving top 10 AnM their first loss and beating Collin Sexton and Alabama.

So Purdues win over Arizona is supposedly diminished because they lost 2 close contests preceding the ass beating Purdue gave them, but Arizona beating up everyone after doesnt credit Purdue at all?

Thats a weird logic I refuse to subscribe to -

The game before Duke lost to Boston College they won by 61 points.

Arizonas previous game(s) where they lost close contests have absolutely nothing to do with the dumptruck they received courtesy of Purdue.

Youre welcome to believe whatever you choose to believe, just dont expect me to subscribe to odd logic that somehow since Arizona lost the game before they played Purdue they arent as good of a team that have beat up the 5 teams after Purdue.

This appears to be TW's message board version of a Duke flop.
lol.. you boilermakers sure are a sensitive bunch. Arizona was an unstoppable force until they met Purdue and were crushed under their heel by quite possibly the greatest basketball team to ever lose 2 of their first 7 games. I apologize for questioning the status of Arizona basketball at the time of your titanic matchup.

Had no clue he even commented ITT until I read this post and clicked on show ignore.

Literally every single thread he has to tell me how much he hates that I talk positively about Purdue. Why I threw him on ignore. Even took him off just to tell him how awesome it was that IU got a great win and RoJo finally played well.

Have learned from the truly elite poster in @FaithPlusOne that the ignore feature is your best friend if all posters want to do is troll.

Troll? What did I do?

Last edited:
lol.. you boilermakers sure are a sensitive bunch. Arizona was an unstoppable force until they met Purdue and were crushed under their heel by quite possibly the greatest basketball team to ever lose 2 of their first 7 games. I apologize for questioning the status of Arizona basketball at the time of your titanic matchup.
Why do you instantly default to this weird hyperbole? No one here is saying that.

Purdue shot 50% from 3 and 57% overall - both above their season averages. Had 7 blocks, above their season average. 19 assists, above their season average.

Arizona shot 17% and 43% respectively, both below their season averages. Below their season averages in blocks, FT%, rebounds, steals, and assists as well.

Purdue stomped them no doubt, but let's not act like Arizona was looking like a great team at that point. Or really at any point this season. Their defense is not good. They didn't even have their 3rd best player. They will continue to get better, but at this point they haven't played to their potential / a final four caliber level.

Reactions: tw3301
Why do you instantly default to this weird hyperbole? No one here is saying that.
Snu like...just mention how great "fill in the blank" Duke player is or add K is GOAT. Usually soothes them a bit, otherwise duck because the shit starts flying. Bagley is GOAT.

Purdue shot 50% from 3 and 57% overall - both above their season averages. Had 7 blocks, above their season average. 19 assists, above their season average.

Arizona shot 17% and 43% respectively, both below their season averages. Below their season averages in blocks, FT%, rebounds, steals, and assists as well.

Purdue stomped them no doubt, but let's not act like Arizona was looking like a great team at that point. Or really at any point this season. Their defense is not good. They didn't even have their 3rd best player. They will continue to get better, but at this point they haven't played to their potential / a final four caliber level.
I realize in that game Purdue shot really well and played well, but I'm talking about the two games prior. We looked equally as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT