ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Resumes

Purdue shot 50% from 3 and 57% overall - both above their season averages. Had 7 blocks, above their season average. 19 assists, above their season average.

Arizona shot 17% and 43% respectively, both below their season averages. Below their season averages in blocks, FT%, rebounds, steals, and assists as well.

Purdue stomped them no doubt, but let's not act like Arizona was looking like a great team at that point. Or really at any point this season. Their defense is not good. They didn't even have their 3rd best player. They will continue to get better, but at this point they haven't played to their potential / a final four caliber level.
Arizona AdjD - 64
Duke AdjD - 71
Bagley eye injury v MSU

One of these resulted in a Purdue blowout the other an MSU loss.

PS Izzo and K are goat.
Bagley and JJJ sure fire AAs.

Fingers crossed.

I realize in that game Purdue shot really well and played well, but I'm talking about the two games prior. We looked equally as bad.

The point is that Purdue WAS clicking on all cylinders that game, while Arizona continued their tailspin

Reactions: tw3301
Arizona AdjD - 64
Duke AdjD - 71
Bagley eye injury v MSU

One of these resulted in a Purdue blowout the other an MSU loss.

PS Izzo and K are goat.
Bagley and JJJ sure fire AAs.

Fingers crossed.

Cool story?

Has anyone started multiple threads / posts about how awesome the Duke loss was for MSU? Has anyone said JJJ is a surefire AA? Or that Izzo is the GOAT?

Cool story?

Has anyone started multiple threads / posts about how awesome the Duke loss was for MSU? Has anyone said JJJ is a surefire AA? Or that Izzo is the GOAT?
It's just an opinion. What I have noticed is a mention of Purdue brings out the chorus. If I made a similar post about MSU or Duke I wouldn't hear a peep of negativity. Hell you make a post before the the season even starts about surefire this and definite that and it's a bunch of senseless head nodding. Same thing happened with SC last year...yet lo and behold hello FF.

You can't reason with Purdue fans. It' fun trying though.. lol
MileHigh is a rare breed. A logical, college educated, & reasonable MSU fan.

You on the other hand, stereotypical spartan slappy.

Ok so Purdue getting their shit together a game before Arizona does tarnishes the win? Seems harsh.

No one is saying it's not a good win. How good of a win just remains to be seen. At this point in the season, Arizona has looked good at times, and terrible at other times. They have not played up to their pre/early season expectations (#2 ranking, Vegas odds, etc) yet. Maybe they will.

MileHigh is a rare breed. A logical, college educated, & reasonable MSU fan.

You on the other hand, stereotypical spartan slappy.

I'm reasonable, I admit however, I enjoy trolling PU and the Purdue fans. December and January are sure great months to be a boiler! Carry on with your kenpom and resumes.. lol

The win over Arizona was very impressive even if Arizona wasn’t at their best. It’s just one game though, just like WKU was just one game on the negative side.

I’ll go with Nova, MSU, ASU, and Miami, but I am biased towards undefeated teams.

Arizona lost by 6 to NC State and 6 to SMU before playing Purdue. They werent a dumpster fire by any means. Purdue made them look like one because they absolutely dumptrucked them, but they by no means looked like a dumpster fire losing to teams similar to Boston College by essentially the same margin Duke lost to BC by. Only a troll would insinuate Duke was a dumpster fire losing to BC by 5.

The narrative surrounding the Arizona team is so odd. Theyve since won 2 road games, have beaten top 10 Texas AnM on a neutral floor, and beaten Alabama at home. Theyre top 25 by every metric I can find. They may not even lose 4 more games the rest of the season.

Purdues win over Arizona will undoubtedly be one of the 10 most impressive victories come March when comparing resumes(hence the meaning of the thread).

And then again beating Louisville by 9 when going 5 of 23 from 3 is impressive as well.

This Purdue teams resume is one of 5 best in the nation at this point.
To be fair, neither team could hit the broad side of a barn in that game, Purdue just happened to make a couple of key shots down the stretch from horrendous turnovers we made late in the game. Still give props to you guys though, but lets not act like that victory was anywhere near what the final score stated. I hate saying that too, because a win is a win.

To be fair, neither team could hit the broad side of a barn in that game, Purdue just happened to make a couple of key shots down the stretch from horrendous turnovers we made late in the game. Still give props to you guys though, but lets not act like that victory was anywhere near what the final score stated. I hate saying that too, because a win is a win.

Absolutely not. Im not sure what it is about people that just expect to be avle to put their spin on things and drive the narrative to fit what they want rather than accept facts I give, but no - Purdue won that game while shooting 12% worse from 3 than Louisville and simultaneously making less 3s than Louisville did.

It was very much a good win over a good team despite both teams playing their D+ game.

Absolutely not. Im not sure what it is about people that just expect to be avle to put their spin on things and drive the narrative to fit what they want rather than accept facts I give, but no - Purdue won that game while shooting 12% worse from 3 than Louisville and simultaneously making less 3s than Louisville did.

It was very much a good win over a good team despite both teams playing their D+ game.
Less threes, one less three. We also missed every chip in shot between 1-3 feet of the basket. We shot 16 percent below our average for 2 point shots and 4 percent below our average for threes. Also with the pathetic turnovers we made, looking at your Q Snider, it made way for you guys to get to the free throw line down the stretch. Like I said, kudos to you guys. I think Purdue has a hell of a squad, that no one wants to face come march. I'd like to see us play again in the tournament, I feel like it would be a much more watchable game.

You put trolls on ignore the first sign of being know nothings

You may have me confused with someone else. I put Phillfan on ignore once but then most of the threads turned to Swiss cheese. I've got to tell you, I'm really glad that I stopped ignoring because I then got to see him self destruct in the most fantastic way possible. Outside of that, I haven't ignored anyone.

Why do you instantly default to this weird hyperbole? No one here is saying that.
Because when I tried not using hyperbole you guys acted butt hurt that I dare suggest Arizona wasn't playing well.

Snu like...just mention how great "fill in the blank" Duke player is or add K is GOAT. Usually soothes them a bit, otherwise duck because the shit starts flying. Bagley is GOAT.
Says nitewing light.

Uncalled for....ignore.
o9VsoUq7_400x400.jpg

Reactions: KisteK
Less threes, one less three. We also missed every chip in shot between 1-3 feet of the basket. We shot 16 percent below our average for 2 point shots and 4 percent below our average for threes. Also with the pathetic turnovers we made, looking at your Q Snider, it made way for you guys to get to the free throw line down the stretch. Like I said, kudos to you guys. I think Purdue has a hell of a squad, that no one wants to face come march. I'd like to see us play again in the tournament, I feel like it would be a much more watchable game.

Louisville is a bad matchup for Purdue. I said this not in this years gamethread but last years at Louisville - Louisville is built as Matt Painters ideal team. Long and athletic shot blockers up front, length on the perimeter to press ball handlers knowing theyve got Mahmoud and Spalding behind. So yeah, its very disruptive for Purdue to face a team that has that length + athleticism and can also defend Haas one v one so its quite the accomplishment for Purdue to persevere and beat a team built like that and of Louisvilles caliber.

You may have me confused with someone else. I put Phillfan on ignore once but then most of the threads turned to Swiss cheese. I've got to tell you, I'm really glad that I stopped ignoring because I then got to see him self destruct in the most fantastic way possible. Outside of that, I haven't ignored anyone.

We still doing this song and dance? If so my bad bub we can move on.

Because when I tried not using hyperbole you guys acted butt hurt that I dare suggest Arizona wasn't playing well.

I mean Im not a troll so I would never make this sort of silly argument seriously

But imagine I said MSU wasnt playing well when you beat them. You even beat them without Bagley they were playing so poorly.

Now forget the Arizona argument you just made and answer this honestly, would that not be a complete know nothing troll of a post?

I mean Im not a troll so I would never make this sort of silly argument seriously

But imagine I said MSU wasnt playing well when you beat them. You even beat them without Bagley they were playing so poorly.

Now forget the Arizona argument you just made and answer this honestly, would that not be a complete know nothing troll of a post?
It wouldn't be trolling if I had been bragging about the margin of victory over MSU or created a thread to point out how good Duke's resume is. You're generally a realist, do you honestly think Arizona was playing well when Purdue faced them? I'm not bashing Purdue, you have a solid resume, just pointing out that while beating Arizona is a good win you didn't exactly boat race a team at the top of their game.

It wouldn't be trolling if I had been bragging about the margin of victory over MSU or created a thread to point out how good Duke's resume is. You're generally a realist, do you honestly think Arizona was playing well when Purdue faced them? I'm not bashing Purdue, you have a solid resume, just pointing out that while beating Arizona is a good win you didn't exactly boat race a team at the top of their game.

But it is a good win? Lol beating MSU on a neutral floor is a good win. Pointing that out doesnt diminish it at all. What level are you even on right now??

"Its not a good wjn because you pointed it out as one." wat

He will? Do you have inside info on Calipari going NBA or something?
All I'm saying is dude has been winning everywhere he goes. He has Arizona state in the top 5. Sure they are Arizona state but he will have a big time offer from someone this year. He's got his team ranked 3rd I know the PAC 12 for the most part blows but someone will throw a shit ton of cash at him. Hopefully a school in the acc will offer him a long term deal so when capel takes over he will lose every time. If I were a duke fan I would kill to have Hurley as your next coach over capel. Recruiting only gets you so far ask Martin, Romar, Johnny jones etc. if you can't coach it doesn't matter what talent is out there.

"The team you beat wasnt playing well. Obviously this is evidenced by the fact they lost. It is impossible to beat a team who is playing well because teams who lose dont play well as evidenced by the fact they lost."

I mean this is literally what I deal with when trying to discuss basketball on this board. Its as if being willfully ignorant is just easier than thinking critically.

I mean, Arizona wasn't playing well at that time. I don't think that is unreasonable. I didn't think anyone thought they were playing well at all.

Theyve won 5 games in a row since the Purdue loss so they were clearly playing well.

Including the Purdue game theyre 5-1 in their last 6 games. Theyve been playing as good as nearly any team in the nation.

But it is a good win? Lol beating MSU on a neutral floor is a good win. Pointing that out doesnt diminish it at all. What level are you even on right now??

"Its not a good wjn because you pointed it out as one." wat
I'm operating on a common sense level. I said it was a good win, especially in the eyes of the committee, but it came when Arizona was a broken team. Also I'm trying to find a post where I brought up Duke beating MSU in this thread and I'm coming up empty... When I do start bragging about Duke beating MSU or whoever and how amazing our resume is feel free to contradict me with rational opinions. I probably won't say a team that lost 3 games in a row was playing great basketball though.

I'm operating on a common sense level. I said it was a good win, especially in the eyes of the committee, but it came when Arizona was a broken team. Also I'm trying to find a post where I brought up Duke beating MSU in this thread and I'm coming up empty... When I do start bragging about Duke beating MSU or whoever and how amazing our resume is feel free to contradict me with rational opinions. I probably won't say a team that lost 3 games in a row was playing great basketball though.

What are you so hung up on things that dont matter?

Why does it matter at all if you or I bring up Duke beating MSU or Purdue beating Arizona? It doesnt change the value at all.

You value things I dont care about. Regardless of whether you think Im bragging by pointing out a fact or not doesnt change that fact.

If Coach K came out tomorrow and said "Im the best coach in Duke history." - Who in the world would dispute that just because they felt he was bragging?

Im not here to falsely compliment every other team besides Purdue, Im here to discuss basketball and I deal in truths - not narratives.

"The team you beat wasnt playing well. Obviously this is evidenced by the fact they lost. It is impossible to beat a team who is playing well because teams who lose dont play well as evidenced by the fact they lost."

I mean this is literally what I deal with when trying to discuss basketball on this board. Its as if being willfully ignorant is just easier than thinking critically.

Here you to making shit up again. No one said anything close to your fake quote above.

Arizona had just lost 2 in a row to inferior opponents. That's a fact. They were obviously not playing as well as their #2 ranking would've suggested.

Here you to making shit up again. No one said anything close to your fake quote above.

Arizona had just lost 2 in a row to inferior opponents. That's a fact. They were obviously not playing as well as their #2 ranking would've suggested.

And now theyve won 5 in a row including giving Texas AnM their only loss on a neutral floor. Thats a fact. Theyre obviously playing better than their #18 ranking.

And now theyve won 5 in a row including giving Texas AnM their only loss on a neutral floor. Thats a fact. Theyre obviously playing better than their #18 ranking.
Now, not when they played Purdue.

Now, not when they played Purdue.

Since theyve played Purdue.

They were in such a rut they turned around and accidentally won 5 in a row(neutral AnM, home bama, road UNLV, road new mexico) despite how poorly they were playing.

They are better than #18 based on eeking out 5 wins, 3 or 4 against non tournament teams?

I mean at this point I just want to understand the rationale behind why it is people point to 2 precious games as evidence they are playing poorly but ignore the immediate 5 games afterwards as evidence they arent playing poorly?

It is truly baffling to me.

Since theyve played Purdue.

They were in such a rut they turned around and accidentally won 5 in a row(neutral AnM, home bama, road UNLV, road new mexico) despite how poorly they were playing.
Losing to Purdue was such an embarrassing wake up call that they pulled together as a team after an all night cutting session and beat 5 ok teams.

Losing to Purdue was such an embarrassing wake up call that they pulled together as a team after an all night cutting session and beat 5 ok teams.

Ok finally - and there we have it. Youve been trolling all along. Glad we can finally put this to bed. Have a great night.

Ok finally - and there we have it. Youve been trolling all along. Glad we can finally put this to bed. Have a great night.
No I just started when it became clear you weren't going to see reason. Arizona lost 3 games in 3 days, got 5 days off and some practice time then played a couple of cupcakes and beat some decent teams after that. Pretty obvious rational that when a top 5 team loses 3 games in 3 days they aren't killing it.

ADVERTISEMENT