ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 Returning Players

Our new guys are better than yours... And our top 3 returnees are future pros.... no spin zone.... that's your job.
Hagans is a future pro? Richards? Quickley? I can see EJ. Probably. But I'd say you're seriously reaching with Hagans, Quickley and Richards.

Reactions: wesr
Cassius Winston
Carsten Edwards
Romeo Langford
Ignas Brazdeikas
Ethan Happ

Not to mention guys like Lamar Stevens, Juwan Morgan, And Jordan Murphy coming off the bench.

One of the dumbest things I’ve had to argue against.
Or Charles Matthews.....James Palmer.......Tyler Cook....Nick Ward....So on and so on...

Just plain stupid.

Where do most SEC teams max ~?

Title game and EE in back to back years is pretty solid for Michigan.

Izzo comment was a little odd because that was the first time in awhile MSU has went for in the tourney.

Michigan also has owned him the past few years in the BIG
I'm guessing you didn't pick up on the sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Our new guys are better than yours... And our top 3 returnees are future pros.... no spin zone.... that's your job.

In a thread about returning players, you’re comparing players that left. That’s the definition of spin, chief.

Last edited:
To me it seems as “Our new guys are better than yours” is stating your opinion as fact. Apologies if that was not the case. How do you know they are?

Their incoming players are always college-ready superstars. Until November, when the narrative becomes “How will Cal get these painfully raw children ready to make a run in March?”

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
Their incoming players are always college-ready superstars. Until November, when the narrative becomes “How will Cal get these painfully raw children ready to make a run in March?”
Nailed it. It's pretty amazing to watch how Calipari makes consistent deep runs in the tournament. It says a lot about the coaches who don't have as many NCAAT wins, E8's, FF's etc. with more returning players.

Last edited:
Nailed it. It's pretty amazing to watch how Calipari makes consistent deep runs in the tournament. It says a lot about the coaches who don't have as many NCAAT wins, E8's, FF's etc. with more returning players.

How is it amazing if they’re always top three or four in preseason polls and your fans are printing 40-0 shirts?

Reactions: HRTheCard
Kentucky will have a good team next year,
But this is the first time in a few years that I’m not really all that worried about our squad playing them. We match up super well to them, especially with our wings and front court.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
That's not actually true though. Michigan State has won 8 out of the last 11 meetings. Besides a 3-game streak 2 seasons ago, Michigan hadn't beat MSU since 2014.

Well the timeline what I set was the recent success they’ve had with the title game and EE seasons. Also, the BIG 10 tourney seems like they’ve done well in it too.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well the timeline what I set was the recent success they’ve had with the title game and EE seasons. Also, the BIG 10 tourney seems like they’ve done well in it too.
MSU won the BTT in 2016 and 2019.

UM won in 2017 and 2018.

Recently it seems pretty split. MSU also has won the past two Big Ten titles. And went to the Final Four last year. I’d say post season recently the edge goes to UM and regular season recently he edge goes to MSU.

It’s hard to remember 2014 when the NCAA flashed my memory. That is why I said recently.

You did also say you don't remember 2012 or barely 2013 games.

roos-stares-into-a-camera.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HRTheCard
How is it amazing if they’re always top three or four in preseason polls and your fans are printing 40-0 shirts?
Good burn, you brought out some old school smack. Kudos.

I'd feel a little weird if I brought out old school smack right now. Gosh there's so much. I'll not bring it up.

I do wonder if some have c/p posts. I thought about making c/p retorts, but it's not worth the time. Maybe if I feel threatened, the green monster will motivate me. I'll cross that troll bridge when I get there.

Last edited:

Which Elite 8 season, 2014? MSU went to the E8 that season as well, and then a F4 the following year in 2015.

MSUs only struggles the last few years were the 3 first weekend flame outs between 2016-2018. Then they went to a F4 again this season.

UM did win back to back BTT titles, but MSU has won 3 of the last 6 of those titles (and 4 of last 8). And MSU has won the regular season the last 2 seasons, while UM hasn't won it since 2014.

Reactions: MGC_07
Hagans is a future pro? Richards? Quickley? I can see EJ. Probably. But I'd say you're seriously reaching with Hagans, Quickley and Richards.

I never mentioned Quickley. EJ has a chance to be drafted in the lottery. He's put on about 8 lbs of muscle since the season ended. He's following the advice he was given. Hagans will and as I said Richards will, but most likely overseas. Hagans defensive prowess will get him in the pros. Plus his offense improved throughout the season.

I'ld be willing to make you an avatar bet....

Kentucky will have a good team next year,
But this is the first time in a few years that I’m not really all that worried about our squad playing them. We match up super well to them, especially with our wings and front court.

I never mentioned Quickley. EJ has a chance to be drafted in the lottery. He's put on about 8 lbs of muscle since the season ended. He's following the advice he was given. Hagans will and as I said Richards will, but most likely overseas. Hagans defensive prowess will get him in the pros. Plus his offense improved throughout the season.

I'ld be willing to make you an avatar bet....
Oh, sure there is a chance that Hagans ends up in the league, via FA...Or going to Europe and making a name. Or the "D" League. Way to many avenues to the league these days. HIS offense improved? Hagans was pretty inept late in the year(offensively). He was non-existent vs Houston and Auburn. MOF, many feel his digression was a main reason UK slipped. And i agree. I agree with EJ. I think that kid has a chance to be really, really good. Like WCS 2.0 good. As for Richards? I mean he has the tools. But I just don't see the kid being in the NBA. Certainly not via the draft. Overseas? Sure. I mean ****, anyone can play overseas. Jordan Hulls is a stud overseas.

Look, when you say "future pro's", I take that as, "being in the NBA". Not Greece. And when said with the conviction you seemingly have, I take that as being drafted. IMO, only EJ has a chance of being drafted. So, with that being said, I'd be happy to make an avatar bet. With the understanding that i don't think either Richards or Hagans is drafted(next year). And/or Quickley.

Oh, sure there is a chance that Hagans ends up in the league, via FA...Or going to Europe and making a name. Or the "D" League. Way to many avenues to the league these days. HIS offense improved? Hagans was pretty inept late in the year(offensively). He was non-existent vs Houston and Auburn. MOF, many feel his digression was a main reason UK slipped. And i agree. I agree with EJ. I think that kid has a chance to be really, really good. Like WCS 2.0 good. As for Richards? I mean he has the tools. But I just don't see the kid being in the NBA. Certainly not via the draft. Overseas? Sure. I mean ****, anyone can play overseas. Jordan Hulls is a stud overseas.

Look, when you say "future pro's", I take that as, "being in the NBA". Not Greece. And when said with the conviction you seemingly have, I take that as being drafted. IMO, only EJ has a chance of being drafted. So, with that being said, I'd be happy to make an avatar bet. With the understanding that i don't think either Richards or Hagans is drafted(next year). And/or Quickley.

Hagans was not a good 3-pt shooter. However he was not and never was the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option in our offense last year. That was deferred to PJ, Herro and Keldon in that order. The ball went through PJ for the most part. But the guy can drive and score. He was the SEC defensive player of the year this past season and has been rated as the SEC's most important player this year. Hagans will be put in a position to succeed this year. I think the 2020 version of UK will fit nicely to the return of the dribble drive.

Ok, I'll take the bet on Richards and Hagans getting to the NBA in 2020. Win or lose they're always fun...

Sure. I’m just stating my opinion though, bud. I think we field a more formidable/experienced team.

Certainly you guys have a better roster for next year. Very talented squad. I'm still skeptical of your defense being able to keep you in games when you have a drought. That was a huge problem for you this past season. Plus we have you at Rupp.

Ok let's do it :)..... That's all we have here for upcoming seasons, is opinions. That's the reason I like this board.

Reactions: UL_1986
Certainly you guys have a better roster for next year. Very talented squad. I'm still skeptical of your defense being able to keep you in games when you have a drought. That was a huge problem for you this past season. Plus we have you at Rupp.

Ok let's do it :)..... That's all we have here for upcoming seasons, is opinions. That's the reason I like this board.
how long is the bet?...and what is the actual bet?

Fair enough, we will see what happens. Both teams look excellent on paper. I think our upperclassmen will step up defensively.

I don't know yet. Depends if Blackshear commits this week, which we have a good chance of landing him. He's wanting to get it over with and we're his last visit.
I figured he'd want to bang more SEC chicks. Doesn't matter though. Hardaway is going to bookend his recruiting class with two middle finger statues to Calipari. Book it.

He hasn't planned an A&M visit yet. If he does its out of courtesy for his prior coach. Do you really think A&M has a decent shot at a final four? That's a priority of Blackshear's.

I didn't know you were related to Blackshear and knew more than the rest. If that's the case, why did he visit Arkansas and Tennessee then? They aren't headed to the FF yet he visited them. Courtesy visits as well?

I think Evan Daniels knows more than you and he said it COULD happen. Never said it would. Never said it was planned. Also, you don't know what the heck it would be for, LOL.

Your post is so homerish. Once again, all opinionated trying to pass as fact.

Has anyone heard the phrase "if you spot it, you got it". Or "one finger pointing, three pointing back"?

I'm hoping to use those one day.

Hagans was not a good 3-pt shooter. However he was not and never was the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option in our offense last year. That was deferred to PJ, Herro and Keldon in that order. The ball went through PJ for the most part. But the guy can drive and score. He was the SEC defensive player of the year this past season and has been rated as the SEC's most important player this year. Hagans will be put in a position to succeed this year. I think the 2020 version of UK will fit nicely to the return of the dribble drive.

Ok, I'll take the bet on Richards and Hagans getting to the NBA in 2020. Win or lose they're always fun...
No, no.....not "GETTING" there----But getting DRAFTED. Just wanna be clear, on that.

And to be clear---I really like Hagans. Defensively, that is. He'll have to hit shots though. Or teams will simply sit back on him. I see no scenario where Richards gets drafted in 2020. For one, too many dudes ahead of him. Seondly, he's very offensively challenged. Just don't see it.

No, no.....not "GETTING" there----But getting DRAFTED. Just wanna be clear, on that.

And to be clear---I really like Hagans. Defensively, that is. He'll have to hit shots though. Or teams will simply sit back on him. I see no scenario where Richards gets drafted in 2020. For one, too many dudes ahead of him. Seondly, he's very offensively challenged. Just don't see it.

I'm good with getting drafted.. Richards actually has some offensive skills around the basket. His whole problem has been lack of confidence. He shot 60% and 70% FT. Led the team in blocks with 12 min avg per game. He's one of those players that does very well in practice, but struggles under the big lights. I'm hoping it starts to click with him this year.

If not I'll be wearing an avatar of your choice lol...

Reactions: IUfanBorden
1) Eli Hughes - Only returning starter. 6'6" SF who can fill it up from deep. Will probably be the leading scorer.

2) Buddy Boeheim - Going to be the starting SG. Another knockdown shooter and good at the top of the zone.

3) Jalen Carey - Has tough competition coming in at PG but the job will likely be his to start the season. Very quick and athletic. Needs better ball control, but can make things happen in the open court or when attacking the rim.

ADVERTISEMENT