ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight AUBURN starts the march to Minneapolis...

Auburn will have a whole host of fans from up near chapel hill, and accross the country.

I for one think the Tigers make it a good game.

Reactions: olsonab
Yeah, I think he and his stupid ****ing names for Auburn related things are taking that hard tonight. Going to be so amazing to have something relevant mentioned in the same sentence as Auburn basketball.
Laughing @ "stupid ****ing names"

Just when we think everyone is an adult, here comes the new class of "fans" using cliches as if we've never heard them before and they just invented them.

LOL. Now we have a fan of a coach with multiple vacated final 4’s wanting to commentate on ncaa violations. The only thing pearl has officially been found guilty on is lying about a meaningless bbq
Now we have a fan of a team that hasn't even make the tourney 10 times in their history with a coach that's done absolutely nothing significant in his career wanting to commentate on program relevance.

L. O. L.

Now we have a fan of a team that hasn't even make the tourney 10 times in their history with a coach that's done absolutely nothing significant in his career wanting to commentate on program relevance.

L. O. L.

Umm he has won multiple conference titles in the SEC. Thats much more significant than your current coach and your previous coach has done. I will tell you what though. Bruce pearl has made you his absolute bitch. Still living rent free almost 20 years after the fact. Consider reevaluating your life man

Reactions: olsonab
Umm he has won multiple conference titles in the SEC. Thats much more significant than your current coach and your previous coach has done. I will tell you what though. Bruce pearl has made you his absolute bitch. Still living rent free almost 20 years after the fact. Consider reevaluating your life man
SEC titles. Wow, I didn't realize that those were significant.

I enjoy watching him fail every year. Those are his dues and he pays them religiously. Guy is a loser. Recruits well, coaches like the bum that he is.

I was talking to a close friend yesterday and we both agreed, Pearl is a huge persona, he recruits well, and he really motivates his players.

The actual x and o's is where he seems to lack. It's like watching a scattered chaos.

Auburn fans, I mean no offense, but some have been watching him coach longer than your interest in basketball.

I was talking to a close friend yesterday and we both agreed, Pearl is a huge persona, he recruits well, and he really motivates his players.

The actual x and o's is where he seems to lack. It's like watching a scattered chaos.
He's really good at being an fat orange fvck too. Society likes that these days.

Last edited:
He's really good at being an fat orange **** too. Society likes that these days.
Did you know Pearl's ex wife opened a Hair, nail and spa named Alimony's?

article.252883.jpg

Auburn fans, I mean no offense, but some have been watching him coach longer than your interest in basketball.

LOL. I have been watching basketball just as long if not longer than you. This is also rich coming from you. calipari’s coaching has literally lost Uk program a couple titles. UK with there talent should have more than just 1 with him

LOL. I have been watching basketball just as long if not longer than you. This is also rich coming from you. calipari’s coaching has literally lost Uk program a couple titles. UK with there talent should have more than just 1 with him
I guess that's easy to say as an Auburn fan.

What's your excuse. Lack of talent, coaching and fan support?

I guess that's easy to say as an Auburn fan.

What's your excuse. Lack of talent, coaching and fan support?

Pre pearl it was the definitely the first two sans a few good years with sonny smith and Cliff Ellis. Tony barbee was the absolute worst coach In college basketball. Dude is a total POS as well that just Blames everyone else for his shortcomings. UK got worse they say they hired barbee as an assistant and it’s showing now.

Pre pearl it was the definitely the first two sans a few good years with sonny smith and Cliff Ellis. Tony barbee was the absolute worst coach In college basketball. Dude is a total POS as well that just Blames everyone else for his shortcomings. UK got worse they say they hired barbee as an assistant and it’s showing now.
So you're doing the blame game? Barbee is a scapegoat. What happened prior or after him?

I do appreciate your dig.

Believe it or not, I'm rooting for you guys to not embarrass the SEC. So far with Pearl you haven't...besides the fbi thing.

also, thanks for E.J. Montgomery. He's doing great.

Last edited:
So you're doing the blame game? Barbee is a scapegoat. What happened prior or after him?

I do appreciate your dig.

Believe it or not, I'm rooting for you guys to not embarrass the SEC. So far with Pearl you haven't...besides the fbi thing.

Cliff Ellis went to the tournament 4 times in 5 years. Won the SEC. was a 1 seed in the 1999 tourney. Jeff Lebo was a solid in game coach. Just couldn’t recruit. Barbee could do neither.

The fbi thing in regards to auburn was actually just about a rogue assistant trying to pay guys to sign with a certain agent and leave auburn. Chuck person was literally trying to screw auburn by getting players to leave.

Auburn is actually the only team to of suspended players from the fbi thing. Wiley and purifoy all of last year. Purifoy for 9 more games this year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
@Denim Vest your brother is taking over as the bigger auburn fan
Ha. Well as a basketball school we certainly have our share of die hards.

What a treat for the sports world to see the 2 premiere programs in college hoops do battle tonight. Game could certainly go either way and who knows maybe we get a rematch down the road with a national title at stake.

Just reading up on that old Bruce Pearl story... Hard to ignore this quote:

"It's hard to forgive a snake." - Deon Thomas

Reactions: Jaycg15
What a weird post. Oh well such is the internet.

“ I never wear the same shoe twice “
- Deion Sanders

Why is that a weird post? The Illinois-Iowa recruiting battle between Pearl and Illinois was discussed multiple times in this thread. Deon Thomas was the recruit who went under NCAA scrutiny and investigation.

I'm looking forward to sitting down, downing a few brews, and watching some basketball tonight. Work has been a bitch since last Tuesday. I'm off tomorrow bitches!!

Disclaimer, if I'm incoherent tonight and all tomorrow...don't judge.

Last edited:
Why is that a weird post? The Illinois-Iowa recruiting battle between Pearl and Illinois was discussed multiple times in this thread. Deon Thomas was the recruit who went under NCAA scrutiny and investigation.
Well I don’t mean to pick on you but it’s quite bizarre some fictional tale involving ‘Deon Thomas’ is being discussed in a thread about the strikingly handsome and talented 2018-19 Auburn Tigers basketball squad.

Well I don’t mean to pick on you but it’s quite bizarre some fictional tale involving ‘Deon Thomas’ is being discussed in a thread about the strikingly handsome and talented 2018-19 Auburn Tigers basketball squad.

Well, first, I would say that I wasn't the first to mention Thomas ITT. And this thread is two weeks old...conversations almost inherently take on a lot of different twists and turns, especially if it's a thread that lasts for an extended period of time. Also, the quote is directly related to Bruce Pearl, of course, who is Auburn's coach. So, no, I don't think it's bizarre. But no matter, I'll move on.

Welp, pretty successful trip to paradise over all. Couple of nice wins and a nice showing against the Dukies despite having taken 25 less free throws. At least we showed the Zags how to beat them.

Got several cupcakes coming before we demolish the SEC. We’ll also add maybe the best wing in the conference to the mix before then too. Not looking good for the rest of the conference

Welp, pretty successful trip to paradise over all. Couple of nice wins and a nice showing against the Dukies despite having taken 25 less free throws. At least we showed the Zags how to beat them.

Got several cupcakes coming before we demolish the SEC. We’ll also add maybe the best wing in the conference to the mix before then too. Not looking good for the rest of the conference

get

Indeed what a great showcase of college basketball. Could we have gone undefeated this year? Absolutely but I think we’ll be better off in the long run getting beat early on. Still should cruise to a 1 seed in the tourney.

Reactions: Slippin Jimmy
ADVERTISEMENT