ADVERTISEMENT

To all of the Kentucky guys/gals

Oh my god? I am a spelunker. All the Caves are in limestone, pure and simple. Mississippian is pure limestone. In my area we have St. Genevieve and St. Louis limestone. Mammoth Cave, the worlds longest cave system, here where I live, is the longest cave system on earth. It is here because it is solid limestone topped with sandstone.

My grand father/great grand father and great great grand father's owned Kentucky distillery #62. You do not make bourbon without a limestone spring. There is more limestone in Edmonson/Barren/ Hart and Warren counties than in the rest of the state.

Western Kentucky may be more limestone than any other place in the U.S.

Here are some pictures when I was in High School. All the rock in all our cave are pure limestone:
48404684_1981093145339593_8087846000200253440_n.jpg
48377920_1981093092006265_744460141843185664_n.jpg

48393399_1981093015339606_6069335865002295296_n.jpg
48396426_1981093035339604_1998421598196989952_n.jpg

Folks this is my wheel house. Caves and Kentucky Bourbon. I know my shit.

Edit: the Science fair picture is backward. I am the skinny kid on the left. I am holding the preserved "blind" fish.
I collect ancient Native American artifacts as a hobby, and there's a chert type from around that area (Hart/Hardin/Barren/Grayson counties) that is among the most beautiful in the world called Sonora chert. Kentucky has among the finest Native American relics in the entire country.

I collect ancient Native American artifacts as a hobby, and there's a chert type from around that area (Hart/Hardin/Barren/Grayson counties) that is among the most beautiful in the world called Sonora chert. Kentucky has among the finest Native American relics in the entire country.
Our fields were full of them, I have a lot of relics and arrowhead. Never planned on selling them, always thought they were awesome. They're really great to see the workmanship. (Taylor/Casey co)

I would give my entire collection to someone who would show them. for free.

My neighbors were out just raking/fluffing up the mulch in their landscape a few years ago and uncovered a cache of arrowheads! They found 80+ at last count.

Yes sir, at Diamond Caverns
I have played it several times. Wimpy Hogan, a childhood neighbor and friend worked on developing the golf course.

As an aside: I was a part time guide in Diamond Caverns two years during high school.

My old stomping grounds. Now I know very few people who live there, just a couple cousins.

Reactions: rockycard
I picked up a few over time. Below are my two boards. They were nearly all found in Barren County. Flint Knob in Barren County between Cave City and Glasgow is believed to be a major source of flint for the Shawnees in this area.

The third picture was a big surprise that we got while exploring a cave, in Barren County. Indians were not supposed to be buried in caves, but we found some. We called in the archeologists, and it was determined that they were probably killed as the skulls exhibited massive injuries and put in the cave.
160242349_3765255130256710_1912376472977834275_n.jpg

160281540_3765255123590044_2631082350470823797_n.jpg

162408114_3780867645362125_83725564263050805_n.jpg

thats awesome. I know people who get thrilled finding pieces of arrowheads and maybe got 1-2 whole ones to their name. Very impressive

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I have played it several times. Wimpy Hogan, a childhood neighbor and friend worked on developing the golf course.

As an aside: I was a part time guide in Diamond Caverns two years during high school.

My old stomping grounds. Now I know very few people who live there, just a couple cousins.
It’s not the most challenging course, but it’s a great getaway for my buddies and I.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Looks like Bowling Green is getting hit again. Might be a long evening for Tennessee as well. @lurkeraspect84
I'm in Memphis, that stuff has already passed me. I was noisy last night/this morning.

I did get doused by a road puddle from someone driving by. Shoes are still soaked. Galoshes help walking through water, but not when its a wave of suck.

Bowling green did get hit again. As well as Hopkinsville last night and russelville, but obv not near the extent of damage as the last one. Crazy ass weather i wish it would just get cold and stay cold for a bit

Reactions: cdbearde
Looks like Bowling Green is getting hit again. Might be a long evening for Tennessee as well. @lurkeraspect84

I'm in Memphis, that stuff has already passed me. I was noisy last night/this morning.

I did get doused by a road puddle from someone driving by. Shoes are still soaked. Galoshes help walking through water, but not when its a wave of suck.

Bowling green did get hit again. As well as Hopkinsville last night and russelville, but obv not near the extent of damage as the last one. Crazy ass weather i wish it would just get cold and stay cold for a bit
I went to see the kids for New Years eve and watched the Iowa Kentucky game before I came home.

No damage around here. But just a few miles away was a tornado. Bowling Green is only 10 miles away and they got hit.

Now all we have to do not is to get some good winter weather and things will get right.

ADVERTISEMENT