ADVERTISEMENT

Thread for fans who’s team has won a NCAA basketball title

Do you guys remember not being nervous about any games the season after you won it all? I was watching UVA-Vermont last night and I didn't have any nerves. I didn't get angry when Anthony Lamb went Carsen on us. Last year, I would have been nervous as hell and cursing up a storm. I was just watching the game without any negative emotion. It was weird.

Lol we still won 82-76. Speaking of t shirts, I got a championship t shirt from 2013. The NCAA doesn’t dictate things that actually happened, their “rulebook” means nothing sans unc getting off unmarked. Cry it out.

Hey if you wanna wear T-shirts that have no meaning, you do you.

butch-fashion-6.jpg

2, 1.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Do you guys remember not being nervous about any games the season after you won it all? I was watching UVA-Vermont last night and I didn't have any nerves. I didn't get angry when Anthony Lamb went Carsen on us. Last year, I would have been nervous as hell and cursing up a storm. I was just watching the game without any negative emotion. It was weird.
You could just be getting older. The older people get the less they seem to be emotionally invested in their favorite sports teams. You know, maturity and all.

But it's been so long since KU won the title that I barely remember anything from the 2008-2009 season. It was around that time that games starting meaning a whole lot less to me. Can't tell you if the 2008 title had anything to do with that or not though.

You could just be getting older. The older people get the less they seem to be emotionally invested in their favorite sports teams. You know, maturity and all.

But it's been so long since KU won the title that I barely remember anything from the 2008-2009 season. It was around that time that games starting meaning a whole lot less to me. Can't tell you if the 2008 title had anything to do with that or not though.
Do you remember the 2012 title game? My bad, I'm low IQ.

*he really got to me.

Last edited:
That can’t be, the 40-0 shirts are still timeless.
Whoa. Yeah, I mean UK fans can certainly try and make that joke regarding 2013 Louisville but it doesn't work too well. Your banner came down many years later after the season ended. 2013-2014 Kentucky is literally the textbook definition of that joke he's trying to pull off. They made 40-0 shirts and lost like a week later in early November. Lol. Those shirts were basically worthless before they even went out in circulation.

Reactions: UL_1986
Whoa. Yeah, I mean UK fans can certainly try and make that joke regarding 2013 Louisville but it doesn't work too well. Your banner came down many years later after the season ended. 2013-2014 Kentucky is literally the textbook definition of that joke he's trying to pull off. They made 40-0 shirts and lost like a week later in early November. Lol. Those shirts were basically worthless before they even went out in circulation.
That's why I never understood UK fans saying "down year" during the year we went to the NIT and Cards won. That's worse than the mid game overrated chants.

It certainly was good stuff. That’s why I laugh when they arbitrarily bring up T Shirts. In no way shape or form should any cats fan use a t shirt as an insult. One of their maroon fans even got a tattoo. Yikes.

We never won an NCAA title, but we did win the 1945 NIT with George Mikan when the NIT was considered more prestigious than the NCAA. So I'm posting here and there's nothing you can do about it.

YES. That's why I always roll my eyes when people try to talk shit to fans of defending champs. Trust me, they do not give a SHIT... they've got a banner, they don't care about a loss or two.

k65e973.jpg

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT