ADVERTISEMENT

Which team does a title do the most for, historically speaking?

Are we sure. Cause this is your 4th title team here.
1958_Kentucky.jpg

You're right. For some reason I thought 78' was UK's 4th.

Could be the Heels. Pull this off and it’s 7 to UK’s 8. On top of that, we only have 1 title of all white guys. UK has 4. Half their titles have no color. Sorry, but those 4 should count as 2. Therefore, 6.5 to 6. Heels for the win. 😉

For Duke, a 6th puts em right at Carolina’s heels all-time imo. No pun intended.

Kansas or Nova would get to 4, which prob locks KU in at 3 or 4 all-time. Nova legitimizes it’s seat at the big boy table, though I think that has already happened.
Nova

I would say Nova as they do not get the attention the others do. I think the answer should be what team is not expected to win it all. The other teams have millions of fans, more promotion from the media and certainly more alums. I live in the south, maybe Nova ball is big up in the East. I never hear anything about them. I should say that they are a smaller Catholic university who has to be more selective. Kansas cheats, UNC players don’t go to class and Coach K sells Duke. Now if his replacement does just as good that is another conversation.

I would say Nova as they do not get the attention the others do. I think the answer should be what team is not expected to win it all. The other teams have millions of fans, more promotion from the media and certainly more alums. I live in the south, maybe Nova ball is big up in the East. I never hear anything about them. I should say that they are a smaller Catholic university who has to be more selective. Kansas cheats, UNC players don’t go to class and Coach K sells Duke. Now if his replacement does just as good that is another conversation.
~around....where in the south?

Twofold:

Because the others are already brag bags. Take UNC, Duke, Kansas and throw in UK to make my point, UK hasn't won anything in years, but that doesn't stop them from bragging does it? Of course not.

The other reason is that I don't think I have ever even seen a Nova fan, so they won't be so annoying.

Twofold:

Because the others are already brag bags. Take UNC, Duke, Kansas and throw in UK to make my point, UK hasn't won anything in years, but that doesn't stop them from bragging does it? Of course not.

The other reason is that I don't think I have ever even seen a Nova fan, so they won't be so annoying.
How do you know they wouldn’t be? We didn’t see any South Carolina fans until 2017 or any Auburn fans until pretty recently also.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
How do you know they wouldn’t be? We didn’t see any South Carolina fans until 2017 or any Auburn fans until pretty recently also.
Because Nova has won titles before and they never show up. Your two examples have not.

Because Nova has won titles before and they never show up. Your two examples have not.
Fair. Though you named very successful programs’ fans as being annoying. They win enough and they’re very likely to be the same. You dance with the devil, you don’t change him. He changes you.

I did once find a Nova forum. It was like any home board. Maybe they just never wanted to commingle.

Fair. Though you named very successful programs’ fans as being annoying. They win enough and they’re very likely to be the same. You dance with the devil, you don’t change him. He changes you.

I did once find a Nova forum. It was like any home board. Maybe they just never wanted to commingle.
Yes, but another win would be like fueling them with nitrous. I prefer them running on 87 octane kinda like UK is having to do.

You can't expect to stop them, so you just try to contain them.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT