ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on coaches pushing for seniors...

Its an understandable move, its tough on the seniors missing out the tournament. And if I were the coach, I would push for it too. The chance is slim, but the most important aspect is to show the players that as a coach he cares about his players and will fight for their rights and welfare. With all that being said, I would not have agreed to this if I were an NCAA official, since it makes things too complicated for next season.

Career record doesn’t mean shit for what we are talking about here. Pearl hasn’t probably ever had the more talented roster between him and cal in any of there meetings. Switch rosters for the last 15 years and Pearl has at least 3 national titles. Thus why I said better game day coach. Pearl gets more out of guys than John does. Calipari just wins on signing day and draft night

that is some delusional BS
give Pearl a roster full of freshmen every year instead of upperclassmen and he would be lucky to go .500

No. Its a tough break, no doubt. But....they(seniors) played 30+ games. Its not like the rug got yanked out after a few games,i.e. Spring sports. It sucks. I hate it. Hate it for guys like Green and DD. But sometimes, well, shit happens. Just move on.

want to bet auburn makes the tourney next year? Pearl is a substantially better game day coach than cAlipari.

For you people that say this what exactly do you go by? Do you really think Cal doesn’t know the Ax’s and O’s of coaching??? I know y’all like to hate but good lord.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
you just aren’t very bright here. Pearl would do a better job at Kentucky than cal has done. Give him the resources UK puta into basketball. Cal has underachieved. I also will guarantee cal couldn’t do what Pearl has done at auburn. You keep wanting to compare coaching at auburn to coaching at UK. It’s not a good comparison. It’s like comparing tour football coach to ours.

I also haven’t changed the topic at all which eas game day coaching. Pearl is a better on court game day coach than Calipari is. Now do not Deflect to something else

I guess you’re not old enough to remember Cal at Umass? A program with far less history and resources than auburn was a perennial top 10 team under Calipari. Umass has been a complete nobody through their entire history with the lone exception being during Cal’s tenure there. There hasn’t been a more impressive long term coaching job in my lifetime than what Cal did at Umass. People thought he was crazy for taking the job at the time because they didn’t think he could possibly win there.

I guess you’re not old enough to remember Cal at Umass? A program with far less history and resources than auburn was a perennial top 10 team under Calipari. Umass has been a complete nobody through their entire history with the lone exception being during Cal’s tenure there. There hasn’t been a more impressive long term coaching job in my lifetime than what Cal did at Umass. People thought he was crazy for taking the job at the time because they didn’t think he could possibly win there.

he had one good year at umass that the NCAA says now didnt exist. Move along

For you people that say this what exactly do you go by? Do you really think Cal doesn’t know the Ax’s and O’s of coaching??? I know y’all like to hate but good lord.
If he was a better coach he would have more titles. He has rarely coached in a game in the last 15 years where he didn’t have more talent than his opponent

he had one good year at umass that the NCAA says now didnt exist. Move along

his last 5 seasons they finished ranked 17, 14, 8, 7
, and 1. Their ncaa tourney seeds and results were 3, 3, 2, 2, 1. S16, 32, 32, E8, F4. And the ncaa only vacated their tournament games from 96. Not the whole season. You know who else has players on his team, currently, that took impermissible benefits? And unlike pearl Cal has never been given a show cause.

Pearls been at auburn 6 seasons now. He’s finished 19, 14 and 20 his last 3. He’s done a good job. Maybe he’ll get there. It’s looking unlikely. He’ll have to do a hell of a job to get them to the tourney next year, let alone finishing the season ranked. Like I said, Good luck.

pearl is a very good coach. I’m a fan. He’d do well at UK. If we can’t find a younger guy that’s a good fit I wouldn’t hate hiring pearl till we could. But I wouldn’t put him on Calipari’s level yet.

Reactions: Scotty00
his last 5 seasons they finished ranked 17, 14, 8, 7
, and 1. Their ncaa tourney seeds and results were 3, 3, 2, 2, 1. S16, 32, 32, E8, F4. And the ncaa only vacated their tournament games from 96. Not the whole season. You know who else has players on his team, currently, that took impermissible benefits? And unlike pearl Cal has never been given a show cause.

Pearls been at auburn 6 seasons now. He’s finished 19, 14 and 20 his last 3. He’s done a good job. Maybe he’ll get there. It’s looking unlikely. He’ll have to do a hell of a job to get them to the tourney next year, let alone finishing the season ranked. Like I said, Good luck.

pearl is a very good coach. I’m a fan. He’d do well at UK. If we can’t find a younger guy that’s a good fit I wouldn’t hate hiring pearl till we could. But I wouldn’t put him on Calipari’s level yet.

Pearl doesn't look like he is getting there? Last two seasons have been historic and beat UK to get to the final four (biggest game between Auburn and Kentucky ever) so I know there is some hate built in but look at the numbers man and put bias aside.

I think the Auburn Kentucky basketball rivalry is getting damn good and we should all want that but Kentucky has owned the SEC in basketball historically so I can see why the UK fanbase is worried about another SEC team running the conference with them.

The team that I thought has underachieved is Florida. I thought White was going to pop this year but it just didn't come to fruition.

Pearl doesn't look like he is getting there? Last two seasons have been historic and beat UK to get to the final four (biggest game between Auburn and Kentucky ever) so I know there is some hate built in but look at the numbers man and put bias aside.

I think the Auburn Kentucky basketball rivalry is getting damn good and we should all want that but Kentucky has owned the SEC in basketball historically so I can see why the UK fanbase is worried about another SEC team running the conference with them.

The team that I thought has underachieved is Florida. I thought White was going to pop this year but it just didn't come to fruition.

I started to like your post as it was your first.

However, your position sucks.

I now know what I need to know about you.

LSU, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina et.al. have tried to fvck up UK.

They failed dude.

So go crawl back into your anti-Kentucky hole and suck your thumb.

GEEZE! These dudes keep flying through here.

If he was a better coach he would have more titles. He has rarely coached in a game in the last 15 years where he didn’t have more talent than his opponent

That’s it? That’s your world ending explanation??? If you have any clue about sports in general then you know that the best team don’t always win. That’s just common knowledge. You wanna talk about winning just take a look at his record since he’s been at UK! Nobody has won more or been better!!! That’s also the best part about March Madness, on any given night anybody can be defeated!

No. I do not think auburn will finish in the top 25 this year which means pearl will not have duplicated at auburn what Cal did at Umass. That’s what I meant by that. I should have been more clear.

No. I do not think auburn will finish in the top 25 this year which means pearl will not have duplicated at auburn what Cal did at Umass. That’s what I meant by that. I should have been more clear.

All good man this is an actual good debate and I can see why you would think Auburn won't finish in top 25 this next season because of losing seniors but just like Cal Bruce loses a lot every season but recruits well enough and builds well enough to have pushed Auburn into a top 25 program. I think we both agree he and Cal are very good at taking new players and molding them to their identities and I like forward to what should be great games year in and year out between the two teams. (Plus both teams being good will do nothing but help both when it comes to seeding.

Reactions: Montana81
All good man this is an actual good debate and I can see why you would think Auburn won't finish in top 25 this next season because of losing seniors but just like Cal Bruce loses a lot every season but recruits well enough and builds well enough to have pushed Auburn into a top 25 program.
Do you understand grammar?

Wow. That first sentence was reading "horror".

UK fans are not worried in the least
we always have a "flavor of the month" team that competes for a couple of years and then go back to being irrelevant
most of BBN wish we could get a real team to compete each and every year
most of us were excited at the thoughts of KU joining the SEC when it looked like there may only be 4 major conferences

i do agree UF has not reached what i thought they would, White is no BD

it’s very much a fact. Cal should have more titles with the teams he has. Let Pearl coach those teams and he has 3-4 titles.

Ummm, no he wouldn't. Cal was a better coach than Pearl before he got to UK. Once he got to UK Cal basically had kids beating down his door to play for him. Don't think Pearl has it going on like that.

UK fans are not worried in the least
we always have a "flavor of the month" team that competes for a couple of years and then go back to being irrelevant
most of BBN wish we could get a real team to compete each and every year
most of us were excited at the thoughts of KU joining the SEC when it looked like there may only be 4 major conferences

i do agree UF has not reached what i thought they would, White is no BD

Flavor of the month? You mean a regular season sec title three years ago, sec tourney championship last year and finished second in the league this past season? That flavor of the month would turn into a mainstay on the menu my friend. We went from zero to legit contender and that's not a knock against Kentucky, but let's not act like y'all have dominated in post seasons, I remember a few years ago when y'all were putting heat on Cal because he couldn't finish and he had to explain to a guy on the radio how he was an X's and O's magician.

Flavor of the month? You mean a regular season sec title three years ago, sec tourney championship last year and finished second in the league this past season? That flavor of the month would turn into a mainstay on the menu my friend. We went from zero to legit contender and that's not a knock against Kentucky, but let's not act like y'all have dominated in post seasons, I remember a few years ago when y'all were putting heat on Cal because he couldn't finish and he had to explain to a guy on the radio how he was an X's and O's magician.
I flattered by how close you follow UK.

UK doesn't care and no hate towards AU. I like your style though.

no different then what other teams have done
none of them have been able to sustain it
UF was the closest to maintaining and they have fallen back

so yep FLAVOR OF THE MONTH fits

Florida won back to back titles so what’s your point? Like he said, Every now and then a team will surface and do good for two or three years and then fade away. Arkansas had a run in the 90’s, Florida in the 2000’s and the last few years we’ve had UT make a run and then they faded just like I told Della they would. If Auburn can stay good that would be great but I don’t see it happening. The SEC needs multiple good teams but don’t come around after a couple of decent seasons and claim to be a blue blood.

no different then what other teams have done
none of them have been able to sustain it
UF was the closest to maintaining and they have fallen back

so yep FLAVOR OF THE MONTH fits

If that's your thinking then hasn't Kentucky just been the flavor of the regular season? Three years is enough to establish a dynasty right? Then how can the same amount of time be considered a flavor of the month? Your logic doesn't make sense and to be honest Kentucky considers itself a national power right? Like bama or Clemson in football right? But as far as championships or championship appearances in the last decade Kentucky really hasn't done much nationally other than get guys drafted. Without Anthony Davis Kentucky would still be 0 fer in the Natty department. Y'all can't even make it to the final four nowadays with all the money your program has and the prestige I can see why your fanbase is so touchy.

Florida won back to back titles so what’s your point? Like he said, Every now and then a team will surface and do good for two or three years and then fade away. Arkansas had a run in the 90’s, Florida in the 2000’s and the last few years we’ve had UT make a run and then they faded just like I told Della they would. If Auburn can stay good that would be great but I don’t see it happening. The SEC needs multiple good teams but don’t come around after a couple of decent seasons and claim to be a blue blood.

What makes you not seeing it happen? Y'all can't answer that. Pearl has won with bad talent, with great talent, and Auburn is recruiting at an elite level right now so what do you think he is going to do with elite talent?

ONTH
If that's your thinking then hasn't Kentucky just been the flavor of the regular season? Three years is enough to establish a dynasty right? Then how can the same amount of time be considered a flavor of the month? Your logic doesn't make sense and to be honest Kentucky considers itself a national power right? Like bama or Clemson in football right? But as far as championships or championship appearances in the last decade Kentucky really hasn't done much nationally other than get guys drafted. Without Anthony Davis Kentucky would still be 0 fer in the Natty department. Y'all can't even make it to the final four nowadays with all the money your program has and the prestige I can see why your fanbase is so touchy.

i guess UK has been the flavor of the month a whole lot considering UK is #1 in all time wins

give it up dude, you are just making yourself look foolish

most UK fans have nothing against AU, but fans like you make your fanbase look really dumb and ignorant

i think i will just ignore you

LSU, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, South Carolina et.al. have tried to fvck up UK.

They failed dude.

Lol

They failed dude.

I just looked it up you guys have only won one Natty in the past 21 years? Why are we arguing haha you guys haven't won anything really no wonder talk are so sensitive hahahaha you guys are regular season warriors with all that talent. You will never know the titles your parents and grandparents knew God that sucks.

ONTH

i guess UK has been the flavor of the month a whole lot considering UK is #1 in all time wins

most UK fans have nothing against AU, but fans like you make your fanbase look really dumb and ignorant

Hahahahahaha with one Natty

Lol

I just looked it up you guys have only won one Natty in the past 21 years? Why are we arguing haha you guys haven't won anything really no wonder talk are so sensitive hahahaha you guys are regular season warriors with all that talent. You will never know the titles your parents and grandparents knew God that sucks.
Who is your team?

Auburn
Florida

Own up to who you support. You are a wimp.

ONTH

Never claimed to be a basketball blue blood man just pointing out I don't think Auburn is the flavor of the month with Pearl, please be better next time.

A bra hold ups breast. Auburn ain't holding ups jackshit.

Sorry dude you have exposed yourself. Are you AuHoosier?

I doubt it because you are too much of a pussie.

I'm not going to get into name calling on the internet man that's for children.

Auburn athletics compared to kentuckys isn't close to holding up for you man.

Name the biggest achievement for your big three sports over the past three years:

Football: sec championship game

Basketball: final four

Baseball: college world series appearance

Now you go:

Reactions: AuHoosier420
ADVERTISEMENT