ADVERTISEMENT

This raggedy UVA squad is top 5?

We’re not top 5. Losing 4 starters from a national championship team will do that to you. You’ll never know what that’s like though
Well worth it to not have to root for this heinous UVA squad.

Reactions: DM8
I’ll lose every game this year and still be fine with it. National championship trumps anything your squad has ever done
I wouldn’t trade for the suffering of watching this trash style and losing to a 16 seed. Glad it gives you comfort though in these trying times. Did I just see 2 white ogres on the court at the same time for UVA the humanity.

I wouldn’t trade for the suffering of watching this trash style and losing to a 16 seed. Glad it gives you comfort though in these trying times. Did I just see 2 white ogres on the court at the same time for UVA the humanity.

Tons of comfort. Anything you win under Pearl will get vacated anyways so it’s a good thing you guys choked in the Final Four

Well, it looks like they're on their usual scoring pace. Just forgot to hold their opponent under 20 in the first half.

Reactions: jhmossy
I wouldn't be surprised if everyone takes at least one embarrassing L this year. UK, Duke and MSU have already had their embarrassing losses. UVA might get theirs tonight. Purdue has 3 losses, so they're not very good, but this is why they play the games.

Evansville >> Purdue

:)

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone takes at least one embarrassing L this year. UK, Duke and MSU have already had their embarrassing losses. UVA might get theirs tonight. Purdue has 3 losses, so they're not very good, but this is why they play the games.

Evansville >> Purdue

:)
I wouldn't go that far. We lost 3 games to decent teams. Part of that was figuring out how they're going to score without Cline and Edwards. They already had a top 20 win. The FSU game was horribly ugly though. I'm still waiting for Aaron Wheeler to figure it out.

Last edited:
Terrific defense but an equally bad offense. Tech had that problem last year but shooters eventually emerged. I’m sure VA will get the scoring going.

Reactions: jhmossy
Terrific defense but an equally bad offense. Tech had that problem last year but shooters eventually emerged. I’m sure VA will get the scoring going.

Not so sure this year. We have a good class coming in next year to pair with Sam Hauser but the shooting this year has been horrific.

Reactions: kelley2403
I wouldn't go that far. We lost 3 games to decent teams. Part of that was figuring out how they're going to score without Kline and Edwards. They already had a top 20 win. The FSU game was horribly ugly though. I'm still waiting for Aaron Wheeler to figure it out.
I was kidding about the evansville thing.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I’ll lose every game this year and still be fine with it. National championship trumps anything your squad has ever done

Be careful what you wish for dude.

Id say that NCAA run last year but a mighty big mortgage on the UVA tournament karma account.

You’re right. I’d much rather lose in the tourney last year and beat Purdue in the challenge.

Im just saying....as you know from experience too...40 years is a long time to wait between championships.

My point is ... don’t put too much weight on one magical run, because it could be a long time before it happens again.

Im just saying....as you know from experience too...40 years is a long time to wait between championships.

My point is ... don’t put too much weight on one magical run, because it could be a long time before it happens again.
Good luck getting him to agree. Guy won't stfu about it.

Reactions: GOO_HAM

Isn't that even more reason to put more weight on it? If it's not gonna happen again, then celebrate the hell out of it. Once in my lifetime is more than I expected. Plus, it's not like we haven't earned top seeds in the tourney before. We may not win another title but we'll be in contention more often than not under Bennett. No one expected Jerome and Guy to leave early so we didn't really recruit for that happening. We have help coming next year.

Good luck getting him to agree. Guy won't stfu about it.

Why would I shut up about it, especially when I know it triggers betas like you?

Ill give him that they are the Champs, and they had a great year...and while there are national champs every year...only one school ever lost to a 16 seed.

That is truly forever.

And only one school won it all the year after losing to a 16 seed.

That is also truly forever.

You guys can hate on UVA all you want. I was here the entire time after losing to UMBC. I took all the shit from people here for an entire year. I'm not going to apologize for enjoying the championship. If it bothers you so much, put me on ignore.

And only one school won it all the year after losing to a 16 seed.

That is also truly forever.

You guys can hate on UVA all you want. I was here the entire time after losing to UMBC. I took all the shit from people here for an entire year. I'm not going to apologize for enjoying the championship. If it bothers you so much, put me on ignore.

Ill admit that UVA fans have a hard life. UVA is an extremely pretentious place, with alot of arrogance that comes from being such a storied institution....and that mindset has a hard time reconciling with being an afterthought in the ACC. I get the angst and the desire for retribution.

Id just suggest acting like you've been there before. Always the best approach.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Ill admit that UVA fans have a hard life. UVA is an extremely pretentious place, with alot of arrogance that comes from being such a storied institution....and that mindset has a hard time reconciling with being an afterthought in the ACC. I get the angst and the desire for retribution.

giphy.gif

LOL, what?
You won't find too many posters on any forum as humble as @jhmossy .
He took the UMBC loss with class and has been a good winner too.
He has a sense of humor, maybe you are reading his posts wrong.

Isn't that even more reason to put more weight on it? If it's not gonna happen again, then celebrate the hell out of it. Once in my lifetime is more than I expected. Plus, it's not like we haven't earned top seeds in the tourney before. We may not win another title but we'll be in contention more often than not under Bennett. No one expected Jerome and Guy to leave early so we didn't really recruit for that happening. We have help coming next year.

Why would I shut up about it, especially when I know it triggers betas like you?
Ya, so triggered that I have never even responded to any of your posts. You're just an annoying twerp. Btw anyone who uses the word "beta" on the internet automatically outs themselves as one.

Last edited:
Ya, so triggered that I have never responded to any of your posts. You're just an annoying twerp. Btw anyone who uses the word "beta" on the internet automatically outs themselves as one.

Yeah you just talk shit about me to other posters instead. Such a pathetic loser.

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT