ADVERTISEMENT

There are 10-12 teams that can win it all…

among the top 4 teams in the sec, none of them have won a road game against the other.

arkansas still hasn’t had to play any of kentucky, tennessee or auburn on the road. they do have to play at tennessee though. but no return trip to the other two.

auburn played at arkansas and at tennessee but not at kentucky

tennessee had to play at kentucky and at tennessee but not at auburn

kentucky is the only one that had to play road games against all three and only got a home game against tennessee.

among the top 4 teams in the sec, none of them have won a road game against the other.

arkansas still hasn’t had to play any of kentucky, tennessee or auburn on the road. they do have to play at tennessee though. but no return trip to the other two.

kentucky is the only one that had to play road games against all three and only got a home game against tennessee.
I will get lit up for this post, but it is the way I see it.

The SEC office makes the schedule. Just look at the ranked SEC teams and where UK, ARK, AU and UT had to play. AU and ARK have wins over Kentucky and UT but never played those teams on the road. Now UK and UT are 4 and 3 in the SEC tourney.

It sucks but it is the SEC!

A long, long time ago when Joe B. Hall was my friend and the UK coach I had the pleasure of sitting next to the SEC head of officials at several games (Joe B. gave me and the official the tickets). He always told me that a bad call against Kentucky was a good call for the SEC. He was a Georgia ex-coach and he absolutely hated Kentucky.

No one believes that but it is the truth. Joe B. used to tell me that the SEC was actually the ACC "Alabama Collegiate Conference". If it was not good for Alabama it was not good for the SEC.

Doesn't it switch every year? So, it was just the luck of the draw.

Reactions: Villian07
Doesn't it switch every year? So, it was just the luck of the draw.

It’s supposed to. But we got stuck with an extra road game against auburn in there somehow with no real explanation.

Each team is also supposed to have 5 “rival” conference teams they play twice every year as well. Kentuckys right now are Tennessee, Florida, Bama, LSU and Vanderbilt. They swapped out georgia and someone else for bama and lsu a few years ago also with no explanation either.

So some of it is luck, and some of it is…well…you decide for yourself.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It’s supposed to. But we got stuck with an extra road game against auburn in there somehow with no real explanation.

Each team is also supposed to have 5 “rival” conference teams they play twice every year as well. Kentuckys right now are Tennessee, Florida, Bama, LSU and Vanderbilt. They swapped out georgia and someone else for bama and lsu a few years ago also with no explanation either.

So some of it is luck, and some of it is…well…you decide for yourself.
I wish we played bama twice. I have too much hate for one game. :mad:

So the Vols would have won had the game been at AU ?
The Vols won and it was at TBA. That’s all that matters. In Knoxville on that day Tennessee was the better team. Pearl said so himself.

They could.
They are kinda flying in under the radar hot I think they've won 5 or 6 in a row. They got a good big man and some decent G play. I'm not gonna fish for stats they may not shoot the 3 that great?

They kinda won me over when they beat Auburn in epic up and down game turned around next game and lost a close grinder to Sparty.

an extra loss would really hurt your seeding mr vile.
Wrong prefix bammer and wrong result assumption. The Vols would crush bama and Barnes would turn Oats to meal.

Wrong prefix bammer and wrong result assumption. The Vols would crush bama and Barnes would turn Oats to meal.

Didn't ya'll lose to Bama already this year?

Ah nevermind didn't read the full conversation. Y'all definitely would have won at home against em.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT