ADVERTISEMENT

The Year after Winning it all - Last 10 years

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
2010 UNC – 20-17 (NIT)

2011 Duke – 32-5 (1 seed in NCAA, Loss in Sweet 16)

2012 UCONN – 20-14 (9 seed in NCAA, Loss in 1st round)

2013 Kentucky – 21-12 (NIT)

2014 Louisville – 31-6 (4 seed in NCAA, Loss in Sweet 16)

2015 UCONN – 20-15 (NIT)

2016 Duke – 25-11 (4 seed in NCAA, Loss in Sweet 16)

2017 Villanova – 32-4 (1 seed in NCAA, Loss in 2nd round)

2018 UNC – 26-11 (2 seed in NCAA, Loss in 2nd round)

2019 Villanova – 26-10 (6 seed in NCAA, Loss in 2nd round)

2020 UVA - TBD

Last edited:
Was Louisville really a one in 2014? Could have sworn it was Wichita State that was the one in their region
Our 2014 team was arguably as good as 2013. Was absolute bs both of our teams were scheduled to play in s 16. That should’ve been a final four matchup.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Our 2014 team was arguably as good as 2013. Was absolute bs both of our teams were scheduled to play in s 16. That should’ve been a final four matchup.
Why was it BS? You guys were a 4 and they were an 8. The odds actually projected for them to never make it far enough to play you. And you guys went as far as the odds said you were supposed to. A Final Four for either team went well beyond what was projected.

I see Duke (and Louisville) are the only team the last decade to reach the Sweet 16 after winning it all the year before. Duke did it twice.

Sincerely,

Snubbed Coach of the Decade

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Why was it BS? You guys were a 4 and they were an 8. The odds actually projected for them to never make it far enough to play you. And you guys went as far as the odds said you were supposed to. A Final Four for either team went well beyond what was projected.
We probably deserved an 8 seed, but everyone knew Kentucky had potential to make it as far as they did. We were a tough draw for any region as the 8. Louisville I feel like was under seeded that year. Don't ask me why, but I can remember thinking they got kind of shafted.

We probably deserved an 8 seed, but everyone knew Kentucky had potential to make it as far as they did. We were a tough draw for any region as the 8. Louisville I feel like was under seeded that year. Don't ask me why, but I can remember thinking they got kind of shafted.
That was our transition year between big east and Acc, so that’s probably why, however we beat the national champion that year 3/3 times once by over 30 points. Was a let down, but wouldn’t have “counted” by ncaa anyways. Those corksuckers.

We got shafted on our seed, and UK started playing like a juggernaut by seasons end.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well sure but UK was 5-5 in their previous 10 games. What they did was completely unexpected. That UK team was not a great team at all and I don’t recall many people picking them to go past the Sweet 16.

I remember picking Louisville to go pretty far but after looking them up they didn’t really do anything to wow anybody.

5-5 over the last 10 games = juggernaut?
If you had watched them play earlier on in the season, yes. The Harrison kid was clutch asf by the end of the year. They had only lost by 1 to a really good Florida team.

Well sure but UK was 5-5 in their previous 10 games. What they did was completely unexpected. That UK team was not a great team at all and I don’t recall many people picking them to go past the Sweet 16.

I remember picking Louisville to go pretty far but after looking them up they didn’t really do anything to wow anybody.
What? We beat the national champion (UConn) 3 times that year, one of which was 81-48...

What? We beat the national champion (UConn) 3 times that year, one of which was 81-48...
You beat an unranked, a #19 and a #21 UConn team before the tournament began. A UConn team that was a 7 seed. That’s like beating Colorado 3x before the NCAA tournament this year. It didn’t mean much at the time. Your best win was at Cincinnati.

If you look at what Louisville did their resume screams 3 or 4 seed.

You beat an unranked, a #19 and a #21 UConn team before the tournament began. A UConn team that was a 7 seed. That’s like beating Colorado 3x before the NCAA tournament this year. It didn’t mean much at the time. Your best win was at Cincinnati.

If you look at what Louisville did their resume screams 3 or 4 seed.
Blasphemy. I’ll split hairs with you and suggest a 2-3 seed.

They also were the not champs in 2013. Winking
giphy.gif

An 8-seed beating a 1, 4, and pair of 2 seeds in the tourney on the way to the title game suggests so. Three of those 5 losses were also to #1 Florida (who entered the tournament on a 26-game winning streak).
What they did after the tournament began has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

And yeah, 5-5 over 10 games = juggernaut. North Carolina is nearly a juggernaut this year.

Reactions: 829305
What they did after the tournament began has nothing to do with what I’m talking about.

And yeah, 5-5 over 10 games = juggernaut. North Carolina is nearly a juggernaut this year.
You were replying to, "We got shafted on our seed, and UK started playing like a juggernaut by seasons end."

The season isn't over until the tournament ends.

Reactions: UL_1986
I literally made one post over there that was not offensive at all. Place is the most sensitive board on the internet
I was banned 7 posts into RR. Think I referenced the klan in regards to their board members and got the chop.

The Cards needed one of 3 players to get back 2 back Titles;
Gorgui, Chane or Kevin.
So close :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT