ADVERTISEMENT

The Year after Winning it all - Last 10 years

We got shafted by the committee and the zebras. And before the crybaby memes our own players post game made comments like “if they are gonna call it like that, uks gonna win the whole damn thing”. Now think back to when the last time a college athlete railed on officials. Most one sided fix job I’ve ever seen, well since lakers-Kings.

Heck I think we were ranked 5 or 6 and got a 4 seed out of it smdh.

What about , the "Past 32 years after winning it all"?

:oops:

What about , the "Past 32 years after winning it all"?

:oops:
In the past 30 years after winning it all for Duke

After winning it all in 1991 Duke won it all again in 1992

After winning it all in 1992 Duke made it to the Round of 32 in 1993

After winning it all in 2001 Duke made it to the Sweet 16 in 2002

After winning it all in 2010 Duke made it to the Sweet 16 in 2011

After winning it all I’m 2015 Duke made it to Sweet 16 in 2016

So Duke has made it to at least the Sweet 16 4 out of 5 times the year after winning it all

Virginia is obviously experiencing the natty hangover. That was a great comeback against NC State only to let it slip away again the last 2 minutes, no matter how hard the Pack tried to give the game away.

Reactions: jhmossy
Virginia is obviously experiencing the natty hangover. That was a great comeback against NC State only to let it slip away again the last 2 minutes, no matter how hard the Pack tried to give the game away.

we have done that in 5 of our 6 losses. We don’t know how to close out games

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Starts with your turnover prone PG.

Yeah for sure. He's doing too much. Lane is clogged since no one can shoot. He also gets too deep in the lane. He's still just a 2nd year and wasn't ever really expected to be the lead guard. He was recruited as a guy who could pressure the ball on defense and be a second ball handler. Jerome leaves early and now he's the lead guy. I give him some slack though since he saved our season last year with the pass to Diakite vs. Purdue.

Yeah for sure. He's doing too much. Lane is clogged since no one can shoot. He also gets too deep in the lane. He's still just a 2nd year and wasn't ever really expected to be the lead guard. He was recruited as a guy who could pressure the ball on defense and be a second ball handler. Jerome leaves early and now he's the lead guy. I give him some slack though since he saved our season last year with the pass to Diakite vs. Purdue.

That all seems pretty fair.

UVA has plenty of meaningful games left to get back on the right side of the bubble. Two of those games are against Louisville, one against FSU and Duke each, and road games against Pitt and Virginia Tech. Would go a long ways if they could win 3 or 4 of those games. Just not sure it's going to happen this year. UVA held NC State scoreless for more than 10 minutes and they still managed to lose.

UVA held NC State scoreless for more than 10 minutes and they still managed to lose.

giphy.gif

we have done that in 5 of our 6 losses. We don’t know how to close out games
NC State had plenty of luck the last few minutes too. They were pulling some shots out their asses at the end, namely the teardrop 3 and another mid range jumper as the shot clock expired.

NC State had plenty of luck the last few minutes too. They were pulling some shots out their asses at the end of the shot clock on a few, namely the teardrop 3 and another mid range jumper as the clock expired.

Must be nice to have guards who can make shots.

Tell me about it. UK is 230-ish in 3P% and 344th in attempts and their best mid-range shooter is probably Richards. Laughing

Kentucky shoots 32.7% from 3.
UVA shoots 26.7% from 3.

If we shot what you shot from 3, we're probably 17-1 right now

Reactions: Noahtogo24
ADVERTISEMENT