ADVERTISEMENT

The Sweet Sixteen

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Which conference will have the most representation? What will the breakdown look like in your opinion?

No and I don't even have an opinion, but I thought it would be a good question.

I think the Big 12 will have the best chance to put a lot of teams in the Sweet 16. They're probably going to have 6 teams that are seeded 5 or higher.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Not to change the topic della, but what happened to Tennessee? Y’all looked so damn good the first 2.5 months of the year but lately you guys just don’t have it.

Def Big 12 should be the favorite since they have the most seeded well teams.

On the Big Ten front, expect them to get 10 teams in, but prob no sweet 16 teams, unless IU or Purdue...

Do you think Purdue gets bounced early?

Do you think Purdue gets bounced early?
I believe there is a shot- assuming they win the Big Ten tourney and get a 1 seed, using the latest brackets from ESPN & CBS, Auburn, Arkansas and WVU could all give them a tough second round game. Key is to pressure the heck out of Smith & Loyer, especially Loyer...

Feel like the big 12 has a really good tourney. I think it’ll be a breath of fresh air for all of them to not play each other.

I could be wrong but the teams in the league appear to be tough and sound defensively. I see the big 12 teams really opening up on offense in the tourney

Not to change the topic della, but what happened to Tennessee? Y’all looked so damn good the first 2.5 months of the year but lately you guys just don’t have it.
We were unable to stay healthy. We have finally got Phillips and James back and then we lose our PT guard for the season. Either that or Barnes decided to sand bag for the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Def Big 12 should be the favorite since they have the most seeded well teams.

On the Big Ten front, expect them to get 10 teams in, but prob no sweet 16 teams, unless IU or Purdue...
Think IU and Purdue will make the S16, no confidence in any of the other teams.

Feel like the big 12 has a really good tourney. I think it’ll be a breath of fresh air for all of them to not play each other.

I could be wrong but the teams in the league appear to be tough and sound defensively. I see the big 12 teams really opening up on offense in the tourney

I agree. I’m guessing Big 12 gets 4 or 5 in the Sweet 16 depending on how the bracket breaks.

SEC probably gets Bama and one of Kentucky/Mizzou/A&M. I suppose two of those could with the right draw.

Big East gets UConn and maybe another one.

ACC gets Duke, one of NC State/UVA/Pitt, and then Miami if Omier is able to play. Wong can honestly get you there himself.

Pac has UCLA and one more.

So that leaves 1-3 for all the rest.

I'm thinking the BIG12, but we have to see the brackets first. I know everyone thought the ACC was dead last year until several teams had good runs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT