ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 10 can't prepare you for March

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
I don't care what you did in OOC. You can't go three full months of playing teams in the Big 10 and just assume that you will be prepared for the level of play that comes in March. It's a completely different beast than what you are seeing game in and game out in that conference. All of these other teams are battle tested.

I honestly don't think it's about conference, it's about having versatile rosters. The guards I see don't have that extra quickness gear to push a pace or cause issues on the defensive end. The rosters have physical strong guys up and down the roster but that can be a detriment when playing teams like North Texas that spread the floor with quicks.

Actually according to pre-season AP poll, Iowa(5) and Wisconsin(7) are the best teams from Big 10, we will see how they will do next.

I guess it is about conference, because since the teams are mirror image in so many ways, teams don't see other teams that have quicks. It's bully ball or shooters, or a combo of both. Who are the quick guards in this league? What teams spread the floor with multi quick/handles types undersized?

Ok, I’ll bite: Which conferences do prepare their teams for March?

None. While it’s cute the SEC got more teams in this year none of them will do shit besides the usual powers of Kentucky (not this year) and Florida.

B12 is a bunch of decent teams besides one good one in Kansas.

PAC? Congrats you won first round games. Still an irrelevant conference in both football and basketball.

ACC is all Duke and UNC, the rest of those teams are garbage

We lose a game in the first round after winning the natty and we get this kind of crap. B1G hasn't won a title in 21 years and had multiple teams losing in the first round this year and nothing

None. While it’s cute the SEC got more teams in this year none of them will do shit besides the usual powers of Kentucky (not this year) and Florida.

PAC? Congrats you won first round games. Still an irrelevant conference in both football and basketball.

SOUR GRAPES!

Not very consistent with your logic. If we’re talking historically, the ACC is a lot more than those two. And if we’re talking recent history, the B1G is Izzo and a bunch of decent programs.

3 of the last 5 national champions are from the ACC. The other two are Villanova. You're either trolling or the dumbest ****ing person on this board.

We lose a game in the first round after winning the natty and we get this kind of crap. B1G hasn't won a title in 21 years and had multiple teams losing in the first round this year and nothing

you get that kind of crap because you play boring ass basketball. You were boring in your national championship run too

Not very consistent with your logic. If we’re talking historically, the ACC is a lot more than those two. And if we’re talking recent history, the B1G is Izzo and a bunch of decent programs.

The B1G is a bunch of decent-good programs your 100% right. I’m saying no conference is better than the other at getting teams ready for March

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT