ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech v Iowa

In your mind maybe.
Everyone hates Texas. Just a fact of life but Texas only dislikes a few schools and you aren't one.
No one even thinks about Iowa.

3 million people, divide that by 2 P5 schools, you Texas is the biggest shit show in college sports.

Think about it. Lol

In your mind maybe.
Everyone hates Texas. Just a fact of life but Texas only dislikes a few schools and you aren't one.
No one even thinks about Iowa.
I don't hate Texas at all I find all of them insignificant in everything.

I do think about Iowa because I'm a fan. I hope do well in everything.

JMO. I may be alone in that line of thinking but I'm ok with it.

Reactions: hawkit3113
[

Some people have an innate jealousy towards Texas.
That is on them. Texas isn't even at the top of the mountain.
That is Stanford. But we do bring in more money.
LaughingI like you, but you have to admit Texas sports sucks.

*you guys do throw a lot of money at it. Bummer you get no gains.

The entire state sucks at every sport.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Men's basketball is one of the few programs we have never won a NC at.
I thought with Shaka it could happen. But he has been a disappointment.
Might have to find himself a new job soon. You know of any openings.
Time for Billy Donovan to get back into college coaching
You think Billy Donovan would take you greatness?

You think Billy Donovan would take you greatness?

Shaka may need someone to get onto his ass. This season people are. He knows the pressure is mounting.
Every coach is different.

Everyone talks about Chris Beard. Yet Beard made some mistakes in last year's NC game. We will have to see how he responds.

Donovan has showed he can win at schools where football overshadows his basketball program

And Iowa will still > Indiana :)
tenor.gif

So who won?

Iowa did. Iowa played well. TTU not so much. TTU offense was just horrible meanwhile Iowa was hitting 3s. TTU was 1-12 in the first half from 3 for example. 11 FGM in the first half compared to 8 turnovers. Ended the game 20-61 FG and 4-24 3PT. Also hurt our leading scorer Ramsey got hurt and didn't play most of the second half.

Reactions: Lefty8
Iowa has 3 new starters this season and now are down a starter, in last nights game Fran completely change from 3 guards and a 4 and 5 to a 4 guard and 1 5 lineup
SR Jordan
JR Garza
RSSO Connor
SO Wieskamp
RSFR Fredrick
so its not like Iowa is a SR dominated team as of now Iowa loses just 1 SR starter and 2 SR Backups. this team is very young so the excuse Iowa beat TT because they were more experienced is false.

as for Ramsey doesn't wash as both Jordan and Garza both had to go to the locker rooms with injuries with Garza being the most serious.

Jordan because of the hit to his knee to see if he hurt his surgery repaired Hip and was done for the game.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

Dayton is really missing Archie btw.Laughing

They should thank him for building that program. Nice game you guys had against a mid major.

It was nice. Better than any Indiana performance I've seen in about 20 years.

I don’t know it was pretty funny in 2017 when they barely finished over .500, missed the tournament, and fired their coach afterwards yet still beat Kansas.

I don’t know it was pretty funny in 2017 when they barely finished over .500, missed the tournament, and fired their coach afterwards yet still beat Kansas.
And eventual national champs North Carolina.

Which brings us back to the blind squirrel analogy....

Iowa has 3 new starters this season and now are down a starter, in last nights game Fran completely change from 3 guards and a 4 and 5 to a 4 guard and 1 5 lineup
SR Jordan
JR Garza
RSSO Connor
SO Wieskamp
RSFR Fredrick
so its not like Iowa is a SR dominated team as of now Iowa loses just 1 SR starter and 2 SR Backups. this team is very young so the excuse Iowa beat TT because they were more experienced is false.

as for Ramsey doesn't wash as both Jordan and Garza both had to go to the locker rooms with injuries with Garza being the most serious.

Jordan because of the hit to his knee to see if he hurt his surgery repaired Hip and was done for the game.
its not false. We only have two players that have played together. You have more experience playing as team than our team does. Ramsey missed a third of the game. Garza was barely out as was Bohannon.

Congrats on the win you were the better team last night.

its not false. We only have two players that have played together. You have more experience playing as team than our team does. Ramsey missed a third of the game. Garza was barely out as was Bohannon.

Congrats on the win you were the better team last night.
hmmm until last nite these were the only 2 that had started together
Garza and Wieskamp
Iowa had to replace these
2nd team All BT JR Cook is now in the NBA his replacement was Nunge who was lost for the season due to a ACL

Jordan is game to game time decision as to him playing or not due to Hip surgery. this was also Jordans 1st start and he had 20 points, 6 assists and 1 TO.

Wieskamp is recovering from a extended elbow injury.

final stats for Garza
17 points, 12 rebounds, 4 stitches, 2 blocks and 1 cotton ball in his nose, and he missed 4 minutes which is when TT made its run,
this team was on its 3rd different starting 5 of the season out of 6 games, experience playing together not even close.

oh boo hoo Ramsey got hurt, deal with it as Iowa is dealing with their injuries as well. as the biggest loss of the season to date is starter 7'0 Nunge. plus they were with out bench player in 6'9 F Patrick a 4* top 100 player who did not play has he is dealing what they call a residual illiness dealing with he surgery he had 4 years ago when they removed a tumor that was cancerous,

Iowa is not at full strength, with how young this team is it will be interesting to watch them develop during the season
RSFR Fredrick the starting #2
FR Toussaint the backup #1
SO Wieskamp the starting #3
RSSO Connor who can play the 1-2-3 and 4
JR Garza
RSJR Pemsl backup @ the 4
SR Kriener plays the 4 and 5 as a back up.
SR Jordan backup @ the 2 who started @ the 1 for the 1st time this season
RSSR Evelyn who backups @ the 1 and 2.
RSSO Nunge who can play the 4 or 5 is out for the season with a ACL,

right now the only ones that are definitely going to be gone off this years team are RSSR Evelyn and SR Kriener both backups.

hmmm until last nite these were the only 2 that had started together
Garza and Wieskamp
Iowa had to replace these
2nd team All BT JR Cook is now in the NBA his replacement was Nunge who was lost for the season due to a ACL

Jordan is game to game time decision as to him playing or not due to Hip surgery. this was also Jordans 1st start and he had 20 points, 6 assists and 1 TO.

Wieskamp is recovering from a extended elbow injury.

final stats for Garza
17 points, 12 rebounds, 4 stitches, 2 blocks and 1 cotton ball in his nose, and he missed 4 minutes which is when TT made its run,
this team was on its 3rd different starting 5 of the season out of 6 games, experience playing together not even close.

oh boo hoo Ramsey got hurt, deal with it as Iowa is dealing with their injuries as well. as the biggest loss of the season to date is starter 7'0 Nunge. plus they were with out bench player in 6'9 F Patrick a 4* top 100 player who did not play has he is dealing what they call a residual illiness dealing with he surgery he had 4 years ago when they removed a tumor that was cancerous,

Iowa is not at full strength, with how young this team is it will be interesting to watch them develop during the season
RSFR Fredrick the starting #2
FR Toussaint the backup #1
SO Wieskamp the starting #3
RSSO Connor who can play the 1-2-3 and 4
JR Garza
RSJR Pemsl backup @ the 4
SR Kriener plays the 4 and 5 as a back up.
SR Jordan backup @ the 2 who started @ the 1 for the 1st time this season
RSSR Evelyn who backups @ the 1 and 2.
RSSO Nunge who can play the 4 or 5 is out for the season with a ACL,

right now the only ones that are definitely going to be gone off this years team are RSSR Evelyn and SR Kriener both backups.
Thanks for proving my point.
Seniors: Holyfield and Clarke(first time playing together and for Tech)
Juniors: Moretti
Sophomores: Edwards
True Freshmen: Ramsey, Shannon, Tchewa, Nadolny, McCullar, Savrasov, Smith (injured)

The majority of your team played and practiced together last year.

Nunge wasn’t you’re best player. Ramsey would be like if y’all lost Garza. We need his scoring.

idk why you’re wasting time arguing anything I’ve said. I already said you were the better team and deserved to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT