ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech v Iowa

Alright, @hawkit3113 today's the day. First, let me say Happy Thanksgiving! And second, sorry in advance for ruining your day with a 20 point blow out. SmokinSmile
the height difference is there as for the athletic ability that is a myth, Wieskamp is one of the better defenders on the team, Toussaint is more than Athletic enough, Evelyn is also very athletic. Fredrick is very athletic.

the falacy of White players are to slow and unathletic is just a myth,

Garza is leading the BT in scoring @22.2 ppg inspite of facing DBL and sometimes Triple team he leads the team in rebounding @10 rpg, blocks @ 2 bpg.

he is the one you have to worry about as he can also shoot the 3, Fredrick is another 3 point shooter and is one of the better defender and ball handler on the team.

PG Connor @6'5 leads the team in assists @ 5.4 pg and leads the team in steals @ 1.2 pg,
this seasons team has 4 top 100 4*'s and 2 4*'s just outside the ESPN top 100,

the only one not playing will be Top 100 4* 6'9 Patrick

Reactions: WestTexasRaider
You guys look good. Solid team. We usually make good adjustments at half and take over in the second. We shall see if that holds true against better competition. We just have to make our shots!!!

Reactions: hawkit3113
where was this superior speed and athletic ability, never did see it,

Garza goes out the game bleeding is out for a number of minutes, comes out and plays the rest of the game, Jordan goes to the locker room and comes back in and plays.
this Iowa team is getting better with each game, but with 3 top 100 4* starters that is to be expected. by ESPN with Toussaint and Jordan both 4*'s just outside ESPN top 100.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
where was this superior speed and athletic ability, never did see it,

Garza goes out the game bleeding is out for a number of minutes, comes out and plays the rest of the game, Jordan goes to the locker room and comes back in and plays.
this Iowa team is getting better with each game, but with 3 top 100 4* starters that is to be expected. by ESPN with Toussaint and Jordan both 4*'s just outside ESPN top 100.

You always go out of your way to white knight for Iowa when nobody's really slighting us.

You always go out of your way to white knight for Iowa when nobody's really slighting us.
no I just get sick and tired of they are to slow and unathletic to compete with these superior athletes. from teams like TT who was to blow Iowa off the court with their superiorty, by 20 or more points.

where's @SheriffBufordFJustice what happened tonight bottom feeder Iowa outplayed super power TT who is coached by the next great coach even better than Coach K of Duke.

That is what the Tech fans claimed not me.

I told them all off-season that they may take a step back but they said Chris Beard turns 3 stats into 5 stars so he will turn Ramsey into a 7 star.

no I just get sick and tired of they are to slow and unathletic to compete with these superior athletes. from teams like TT who was to blow Iowa off the court with their superiorty, by 20 or more points.
Good game Iowa. Best of luck the rest of the way!

Yikes man, step away from the keyboard. Tech fans expected this to be a good test for our team. We are superior athletically, but Iowa's experience was much better than our youth. We needed this loss and will be better for it.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks12
I thought your guys looked very good. They kept pace with us all night. We usually wear teams down. You guys looked very talented to me. I'm not one to make excuses. We played poorly on offense. I do think we have a lot of talent and will be very good by tournament time. Just very young and inexperienced.

That is what the Tech fans claimed not me.

I told them all off-season that they may take a step back but they said Chris Beard turns 3 stats into 5 stars so he will turn Ramsey into a 7 star.

You are reaching Aggie territory. I know you are a proud Longhorn, so you may way to reevaluate how you post, as you don't want to fall into that pit of having to bring everyone else down to raise yourself up. Just saying.

You are reaching Aggie territory. I know you are a proud Longhorn, so you may way to reevaluate how you post, as you don't want to fall into that pit of having to bring everyone else down to raise yourself up. Just saying.

Some of your fellow fans on here have been pretty delusional this off-season.
I said I didn't see a player on your roster the caliber of Culver and they claimed that has Ramsey.

The guy is no where close to Culver.

Some of your fellow fans on here have been pretty delusional this off-season.
I said I didn't see a player on your roster the caliber of Culver and they claimed that has Ramsey.

The guy is no where close to Culver.

We shall see. He didn't show much tonight that's for sure. A lot of season left to play. Hopefully, he didn't get injured seriously.

We shall see. He didn't show much tonight that's for sure. A lot of season left to play. Hopefully, he didn't get injured seriously.

Hopefully he is not seriously injured

It is on the defensive end. There is a reason why Culver is getting minutes for Minnesota and could develop into an All Star level player.
Culver on the perimeter made your defense difficult to get good looks and to move the ball.
Ramsey might be a better shooter right now but his defense isn't anywhere close.

Hopefully he is not seriously injured

It is on the defensive end. There is a reason why Culver is getting minutes for Minnesota and could develop into an All Star level player.
Culver on the perimeter made your defense difficult to get good looks and to move the ball.
Ramsey might be a better shooter right now but his defense isn't anywhere close.
I don't think there is any argument there. Our defense last year was elite of the elite. His effort on the defensive end needs to improve. He has the potential to be a really good defender, not Culver level but he's athletic and strong enough to give other guards fits. Just needs to commit to it.

Some Tech fans think the formula is as easy as Beard + a few touted recruits = instant domination.

It ain’t that easy.
I think most of us level-headed fans were expecting a growing process with this team. Of course, we all hoped we wouldn't take a step back but that's not realistic. I think this game tonight was good for our young guys.

I don't think there is any argument there. Our defense last year was elite of the elite. His effort on the defensive end needs to improve. He has the potential to be a really good defender, not Culver level but he's athletic and strong enough to give other guards fits. Just needs to commit to it.

Very true.
Like I said a few months ago I think Tech fans are going to have a lot more respect for Culver down the road.
You don't replace a player like that unless you get the cream of the crop.

Reactions: Fight r8rs Fight!
ADVERTISEMENT