ADVERTISEMENT

Texas collapse was hilarious

The UCF loss was a bad loss. Not going to argue. I will point out this team lost 2 lottery picks and a 3rd, their team leader to the NBA. A lot of new starters, guys getting a lot more minutes. Is there another team that lost 2 or more lottery picks? I don’t know the answer. So this explains some early stumbles. Chemistry that should have been developed some during pre-season, wasn’t due to covid restrictions. BTW, GT is not a weak team at all. They can beat anyone in the ACC.

FSU cannot be held responsible for covid delays. 2 of the big games cancelled were VT and Duke. FSU still has UNC Saturday, 2nd time. Texas would lose to UNC at this point. UNC has improved greatly, Texas has not. Tex won by 2 early in the year. Tho we’ll never know for sure.

At some point losses matter. Look at the coaches poll. Evidently the coaches believe this. FSU is ranked ahead of Illinois. You’re right FSU may have more losses if they had played a full schedule, but we’ll never know.
If you’re team has been able to play a full schedule and not been put on pause, congrats. FSU has had 2. How about giving them some credit for coming out of both pauses and blowing teams off the court! Look how other teams stumble out of covid delays.

I wasn't the one tearing down Florida St. You're the one trashing Texas Tech (yet pumping up Georgia Tech).

Losses matter for Texas Tech, but not for 11-8 Georgia Tech. And losses to horrible teams are equal to losses to good teams.

Got it.

I wasn't the one tearing down Florida St. You're the one trashing Texas Tech (yet pumping up Georgia Tech).

Losses matter for Texas Tech, but not for 11-8 Georgia Tech. And losses to horrible teams are equal to losses to good teams.

Got it.

TT has 8 losses. Losses matter. GT has 8 losses and they are considered “worse” losses. Not all tho. I am not “pumping up” GT at all. They are like many teams this year. They can play up to a high level and beat anyone in our conference. They beat FSU and lost to UVA by 2 at UVA. Then turnaround and lose to anyone in the conference. Pretty typical this year of many pretty good teams. Don’t you think?

TT has lost 3 in a row. IYO are they deserving of a Top 25 ranking? They certainly are not #18 next week.

TT has 8 losses. Losses matter. GT has 8 losses and they are considered “worse” losses. Not all tho. I am not “pumping up” GT at all. They are like many teams this year. They can play up to a high level and beat anyone in our conference. They beat FSU and lost to UVA by 2 at UVA. Then turnaround and lose to anyone in the conference. Pretty typical this year of many pretty good teams. Don’t you think?

TT has lost 3 in a row. IYO are they deserving of a Top 25 ranking? They certainly are not #18 next week.

Depends on what the teams around them do.

Loyola, San Diego St, Wisconsin, Arkansas and USC are some of the teams ranked below them in the top 25. All of them either have very few quality wins, have played a very weak schedule, or both. They deserve a top 25 ranking as much as any of those teams. Tech could very well be undefeated if they played SD St's or Loyola's schedule.

Loyola, San Diego St, Wisconsin, Arkansas and USC are some of the teams ranked below them in the top 25. All of them either have very few quality wins, have played a very weak schedule, or both. They deserve a top 25 ranking as much as any of those teams. Tech could very well be undefeated if they played SD St's or Loyola's schedule.

So could a lot of teams. 🤷‍♂️

So could a lot of teams. 🤷‍♂️

So wouldn't it make more sense to call them overrated, rather than the team with several good wins and no bad losses?

If the teams below them haven't accomplished as much or more, what's the problem with their ranking? I guess you think there are a bunch of secretly great teams that are unranked?

All those teams are playing at a higher level than Texas Tech right now though except Loyola and Wisconsin.

I think USC would clobber TTU right now.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
All those teams are playing at a higher level than Texas Tech right now though except Loyola and Wisconsin.

I think USC would clobber TTU right now.

Can't say I've seen them, but how do we know how good they are if they don't play anybody?

Tech has 11 games on their schedule vs currently ranked teams. USC has 0. I mean....come on.

Not to mention that Beard probably deserves the benefit of the doubt over USC's coach.

Can't say I've seen them, but how do we know how good they are if they don't play anybody?

Tech has 11 games on their schedule vs currently ranked teams. USC has 0. I mean....come on.

Not to mention that Beard probably deserves the benefit of the doubt over USC's coach.

Are we judging by how teams are currently ranked or how teams are ranked when they play each other? Can be a huge difference. How are wins judged by the NET? Polls?

Benefit of the doubt? Like coach K should get the benefit of the doubt over every other active coach since he has HAD the most success? Should not every teams merit be judged by wins on the court each year? Not reputation?

What good does a schedule stacked with Top 25 teams do if you’re not winning the majority of those games? Well we’re close but not quite. We’re almost good enough to beat them. TT has 8 losses. That’s a lot of losses. 3 in a row now.

Are we judging by how teams are currently ranked or how teams are ranked when they play each other? Can be a huge difference. How are wins judged by the NET? Polls?

Benefit of the doubt? Like coach K should get the benefit of the doubt over every other active coach since he has HAD the most success? Should not every teams merit be judged by wins on the court each year? Not reputation?

What good does a schedule stacked with Top 25 teams do if you’re not winning the majority of those games? Well we’re close but not quite. We’re almost good enough to beat them. TT has 8 losses. That’s a lot of losses. 3 in a row now.

6 of their 8 losses are to teams ranked above them. The other two losses were to a team that's currently ranked a few spots below them in the coaches poll. And they have three top 15 wins. Not sure how that adds up to being overrated. Or why a team with no high-quality wins and bad losses should move in front of them.

I think they should drop after their loss and they will, but I don't see any reason to drop them from the top 25.

You keep focusing on the number of losses, but not acknowledging that they've played 6 more games than some of these teams. Or that some of their easiest games were postponed. More games and tougher schedule = more losses? No way!!

6 of their 8 losses are to teams ranked above them. The other two losses were to a team that's currently ranked a few spots below them in the coaches poll. And they have three top 15 wins. Not sure how that adds up to being overrated. Or why a team with no high-quality wins and bad losses should move in front of them.

I think they should drop after their loss and they will, but I don't see any reason to drop them from the top 25.

You keep focusing on the number of losses, but not acknowledging that they've played 6 more games than some of these teams. Or that some of their easiest games were postponed. More games and tougher schedule = more losses? No way!!

Again, ranked at the time you played right? So you are winning games against ranked teams at a rate of 3 out of 11. I don’t like that success rate. That’s what I’m focused on.

I’m not interested in cancelled games. TT has had some, FSU has had some, nearly everyone has I suppose. It is what it is.

We can continue to argue forever or just agree to disagree. I see your point with SOS. I also see a team, TT that wins vs top teams at a low %.

So back to Texas, do they beat KU tonight?

Again, ranked at the time you played right? So you are winning games against ranked teams at a rate of 3 out of 11. I don’t like that success rate. That’s what I’m focused on.

I’m not interested in cancelled games. TT has had some, FSU has had some, nearly everyone has I suppose. It is what it is.

We can continue to argue forever or just agree to disagree. I see your point with SOS. I also see a team, TT that wins vs top teams at a low %.

So back to Texas, do they beat KU tonight?

The point is that your record probably isn't going to be as sparkly if the cancelled games happen to be vs the bottom-feeders.

I already said that I was referring to current rankings. I think they're 3-6 currently vs ranked teams. Why would they be expected to beat teams that are ranked ahead of them? So if KU's ranked 17th and plays #2 Baylor 6 times and goes 2-4, they're overrated? Makes no sense.

Btw, Iowa is 1-3 vs top 25 teams and is ranked in the top 10. They must be vastly overrated by your criteria, right?

I'm not sure what will happen tonight. I know that KU is at a serious disadvantage in terms of athleticism and length. I also know that they have the superior coach. And that Texas played out of their minds last time.

Seems like you should have went with we have the superior coach not they have the superior coach, but whatevs it makes sense either way. It just didn’t to me at first 😂

The point is that your record probably isn't going to be as sparkly if the cancelled games happen to be vs the bottom-feeders.

I already said that I was referring to current rankings. I think they're 3-6 currently vs ranked teams. Why would they be expected to beat teams that are ranked ahead of them? So if KU's ranked 17th and plays #2 Baylor 6 times and goes 2-4, they're overrated? Makes no sense.

Btw, Iowa is 1-3 vs top 25 teams and is ranked in the top 10. They must be vastly overrated by your criteria, right?

I'm not sure what will happen tonight. I know that KU is at a serious disadvantage in terms of athleticism and length. I also know that they have the superior coach. And that Texas played out of their minds last time.

You’re taking an extreme example, Baylor. Gonzaga too. Acknowledging they appear to be the class of CBB. I would expect you to be close to or at .500 vs Top 25 teams if you belong in the top 25. Now if the majority of your games are vs Top 5 or Top 10 teams, I would concede to a lower winning %.

Iowa? IMO the coaches poll is closer to getting it right with them. Would love to see FSU-Iowa matchup. Garza would be a load, as would FSU’s length and athleticism. Thought they had 2 wins vs Top 25? Regardless.

You’re taking an extreme example, Baylor. Gonzaga too. Acknowledging they appear to be the class of CBB. I would expect you to be close to or at .500 vs Top 25 teams if you belong in the top 25. Now if the majority of your games are vs Top 5 or Top 10 teams, I would concede to a lower winning %.

Iowa? IMO the coaches poll is closer to getting it right with them. Would love to see FSU-Iowa matchup. Garza would be a load, as would FSU’s length and athleticism. Thought they had 2 wins vs Top 25? Regardless.

A majority of those games were vs top 10 teams. And they won two of them.

Iowa has one win vs a team that's currently ranked in the AP poll. A Wisky team that probably shouldn't be ranked. They also have three losses to unranked teams. Assuming that you also penalize teams for losses to unranked and not just ranked teams, then you'd have to consider Iowa to be extremely overrated.

A majority of those games were vs top 10 teams. And they won two of them.

Iowa has one win vs a team that's currently ranked in the AP poll. A Wisky team that probably shouldn't be ranked. They also have three losses to unranked teams. Assuming that you also penalize teams for losses to unranked and not just ranked teams, then you'd have to consider Iowa to be extremely overrated.

IMO Iowa is getting treated generously due to having the likely POY. Just FYI, that terrible GT team waxed #16 VT 69-53 at VT. 4 wins vs Top 25 now. By your standard Top 25? Just outside ready to take TT’s place with another win and another loss by TT?

I would have to look at the TT losses, if as you say the majority are vs Top 10, I could soften my stance slightly. They absolutely have to win their next game.or I rocket them outside the Top 30. I’ll say this, FSU has 4 more regular season games. If they go 1-3, to 14-6, I would not have them ranked. 3 of 4 are road games and FSU has been weak on the road so far.

You can’t look at techs losses to top 10 “at the time” wvu and Baylor are the only ones still there, and then look at Iowa’s W/Ls against the CURRENT top 25.

I have no dog in the fight, and don’t really care, I feel like both are overrated but you have to be consistent with whatever metric you decide to use.

And again I haven’t seen anyone separate themselves much outside of Baylor and Gonzaga and now Michigan as well has been super impressive, despite one semi-bad loss. Everyone else is just kinda in the same boat imo if you’re in the tourney and can dodge the right people I feel like most any top 25 teams and even a few out of it are capable of getting hot and making a run.

You can’t look at techs losses to top 10 “at the time” wvu and Baylor are the only ones still there, and then look at Iowa’s W/Ls against the CURRENT top 25.

I have no dog in the fight, and don’t really care, I feel like both are overrated but you have to be consistent with whatever metric you decide to use.

And again I haven’t seen anyone separate themselves much outside of Baylor and Gonzaga and now Michigan as well has been super impressive, despite one semi-bad loss. Everyone else is just kinda in the same boat imo if you’re in the tourney and can dodge the right people I feel like most any top 25 teams and even a few out of it are capable of getting hot and making a run.

I don’t know why you’re saying this. I’m using current rankings for all.

TT’s played 5 games vs the current top 10 and is 2-3. Houston’s been top 10 all year too but just fell out.

Reactions: Villian07
IMO Iowa is getting treated generously due to having the likely POY. Just FYI, that terrible GT team waxed #16 VT 69-53 at VT. 4 wins vs Top 25 now. By your standard Top 25? Just outside ready to take TT’s place with another win and another loss by TT?

I would have to look at the TT losses, if as you say the majority are vs Top 10, I could soften my stance slightly. They absolutely have to win their next game.or I rocket them outside the Top 30. I’ll say this, FSU has 4 more regular season games. If they go 1-3, to 14-6, I would not have them ranked. 3 of 4 are road games and FSU has been weak on the road so far.

GT was 9-8 not long ago with some horrible losses. Not hard to see why they haven’t broken into the top 25. If they keep winning, I wouldn’t have a problem with them breaking into the rankings.

I honestly don’t know how they, the NET etc... look at matchups? Ranked at time they played? Or as the season goes on?

Anyhow, Illinois went down to Mich St. Texas is being handled by KU. Baylor in a fight with ISU? Forgot OU struggling at KSU.

GT WAS 9-8. Now 12-8.

Last edited:
Bill shit the bed and once again got smacked around by Shaka. KU destroyed Texas with the 5-out offense in the 1st half. 2nd half Self insists on running the offense through Garrett and McCormack with the damn pick-n-roll offense and McCormack post ups. The movement without the ball went to shit. Led to a number of misses from within 3-5 feet as well.

Self with a terrible night coaching and his stubbornness once again got in his way. There’s a reason he has so many upsets in the tournament and his stubbornness to play through the post is a huge example. It’s like a safety blanket to him.

Well, we melted down tonight with the exception our players didn't have to be separated from one another. That said, after KU played as good as a first half as they have all season tonight, Texas came out and kicked our ass in the 2nd half. It was kind of amazing we still had as many chances to win, but we don't seem to like 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances. Congrats to Texas for sweeping us in the regular season.

Does Sheriff only appear when Texas beats KU? Guess that explains why he’s not around much.

LOL @ Shaka’s loaded team needing Jalen Wilson to dribble off his leg to win.

That’s what it would seem to imply. Unless you’re really just confirming that it’s the same Jalen Wilson.

We basically traded Jalen Wilson for Franz Wagner in the class because Wagner didn’t commit until two months after Wilson de-committed. Who knows if we still land Franz otherwise? If I can only choose one, give me Wagner. Worked out just fine for us.

And yet that’s sheriff’s go to when he tried to pretend Howard was a bad hire.

Borat likes to coach angry.

Maybe that is why he outcoached Self.

Or is coaching overrated like Self said

LOL. His strategy to force KU to miss wide open dunks and layups + FTs was pretty brilliant.

Poor Shaka’s one big chance is going to go down in flames. At least he might win a tourney game this time.

LOL. His strategy to force KU to miss wide open dunks and layups + FTs was pretty brilliant.

Poor Shaka’s one big chance is going to go down in flames. At least he might win a tourney game this time.

Should send this to Shaka on Twitter

Sacha-Baron-Cohen-as-Borat.jpg

Bill shit the bed and once again got smacked around by Shaka. KU destroyed Texas with the 5-out offense in the 1st half. 2nd half Self insists on running the offense through Garrett and McCormack with the damn pick-n-roll offense and McCormack post ups. The movement without the ball went to shit. Led to a number of misses from within 3-5 feet as well.

Self with a terrible night coaching and his stubbornness once again got in his way. There’s a reason he has so many upsets in the tournament and his stubbornness to play through the post is a huge example. It’s like a safety blanket to him.

Bill "John Calipari" Self. I swear they are the same exact coach, down to the stubbornness of playing old school.

ADVERTISEMENT