ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

hug-drevil.gif
No, I'd grow a boner, don't want one of those rn.

Driving home from the game now. In the drive through at Taco Bell so just dropping by to say good game UT fans. Hit big shot after big shot. I’ll talk shit and blame the refs tomorrow. Sleep good f**kers!!!

Everything was dead ball situation. HAd to do that. Cant call just one, there.
Why?

I mean, they called a flagrant or whatever on RJ for UNC for getting elbowed and holding on after not calling anything for Flip clotheslining him so they could have just called double Ts and moved on. Seems like the rules sort of are just halfway made up as we go anyway.

Why?

I mean, they called a flagrant or whatever on RJ for UNC for getting elbowed and holding on after not calling anything for Flip clotheslining him so they could have just called double Ts and moved on. Seems like the rules sort of are just halfway made up as we go anyway.
Dead ball vs live ball

I actually thought the refs did a good job tonight which is unheard of in Rupp

I didn't get home until after midnight and just finished the game.

Wagner runs the show it appears and UK couldn't overcome that first 8-0 lead and early 5-8 from 3.

Give credit to Barnes and UT's hustle.

It wasn't as bad of a loss as I was led to believe by the comments out there.

Clearly, our D is plain awful. Especially the inbounds plays. Slow starts are awful but overall playing with two men down with one being our starting PG, (theirs went off and had a career game) played a huge part.

I would love to see our team with a full roster at least once this season. It hasn't happened yet.

It wasn't as bad of a loss as I was led to believe by the comments out there.

Clearly, our D is plain awful. Especially the inbounds plays. Slow starts are awful but overall playing with two men down with one being our starting PG, (theirs went off and had a career game) played a huge part.

I would love to see our team with a full roster at least once this season. It hasn't happened yet.

Wagner would take some playing time away from both Dillingham and Shepherd, they were two of the three players that were positives last night. Do you think Calipari is going to play all three together?

Wagner would take some playing time away from both Dillingham and Shepherd, they were two of the three players that were positives last night. Do you think Calipari is going to play all three together?
My guess would be Wagner would have taken Theiro's (back) and Edwards' minutes. He likes the lineup(s) of running 3 of the 4 of Reeves, Sheppard, Dillingham, and Wagner. Add in Mitchell and a big guy and we've had some pretty good results with those.

Reactions: rockycard
The power of his kiss of death is unmatched.

You'd better pray he doesn't become a Tennessee fan in March. 🤣
No chance of that because for whatever reason Tennessee has Iowa's number no matter what the sport.

No chance of that because for whatever reason Tennessee has Iowa's number no matter what the sport.

There are two types of teams: teams that have Iowa's number and teams that never play Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: della
Today is a beautiful day! Yeah, it's cold and it's cloudy, but a beautiful day nonetheless.
If I hadn’t talked to a few UT fans last night before and after the game I would’ve thought you was just being your usual jackass self but on the way out a UT fan setting close to me that I talked to during the game was happy as hell. I told him congrats and I was glad he had a good experience at Rupp. Jokingly, I said, if this makes you this happy, just wait until you guys manage to make a final four and experience that feeling. His exact words were “yea Ricks a hell of a coach but chokes in post season play. Beating UK at Rupp or anywhere else for UT fans is as big as it gets until we start making final 4’s” so I now understand what it means to you Deller. I see and understand why your day is so bright. Enjoy it, your team earned it fair and square!!!

If I hadn’t talked to a few UT fans last night before and after the game I would’ve thought you was just being your usual jackass self but on the way out a UT fan setting close to me that I talked to during the game was happy as hell. I told him congrats and I was glad he had a good experience at Rupp. Jokingly, I said, if this makes you this happy, just wait until you guys manage to make a final four and experience that feeling. His exact words were “yea Ricks a hell of a coach but chokes in post season play. Beating UK at Rupp or anywhere else for UT fans is as big as it gets until we start making final 4’s” so I now understand what it means to you Deller. I see and understand why your day is so bright. Enjoy it, your team earned it fair and square!!!
You seem bitter.

GG Vols.... was really surprised how well 2 other guys not named Knecht shot the ball and defended. UT didn't just earn the win, they took it.

UK is certainly in a bad place right now... no semblance of defense, weird, (unclear injuries/illnesses), silence from Cal (he sent an assistant coach out for the post game radio show).

At this point, I really have no expectations.... just gonna see if the players take things into their own hands and decide to play on both sides of the ball....something more conducive to winning basketball.

So much was made of the slow, outdated offense that Cal had been playing...bigs w/back to the basket, go inside, maybe get a good look before the shot clock expires, etc.

So with this team, he adjusts, spreads the floor and takes advantage of having shooters and uses more of a 'modern' approach on offense. Things looked great for awhile, scoring 90 a game, until it became obvious that they weren't stopping opponents from scoring. Now, they're getting beat on the boards, for 50/50 balls and still playing zero defense.

Something is not right between Cal and this team. The lack of communication between the players and coach(es) is obvious.

GG Vols.... was really surprised how well 2 other guys not named Knecht shot the ball and defended. UT didn't just earn the win, they took it.

UK is certainly in a bad place right now... no semblance of defense, weird, (unclear injuries/illnesses), silence from Cal (he sent an assistant coach out for the post game radio show).

At this point, I really have no expectations.... just gonna see if the players take things into their own hands and decide to play on both sides of the ball....something more conducive to winning basketball.

So much was made of the slow, outdated offense that Cal had been playing...bigs w/back to the basket, go inside, maybe get a good look before the shot clock expires, etc.

So with this team, he adjusts, spreads the floor and takes advantage of having shooters and uses more of a 'modern' approach on offense. Things looked great for awhile, scoring 90 a game, until it became obvious that they weren't stopping opponents from scoring. Now, they're getting beat on the boards, for 50/50 balls and still playing zero defense.

Something is not right between Cal and this team. The lack of communication between the players and coach(es) is obvious.
Thanks JC, it was a team win for sure. UK is still a dangerous team. If the defense switch flips, who knows.

I expect a war in Knoxville when y’all come , but until then good luck going forward.

Reactions: cdbearde

Specifically to the radio show...I personally couldn't care less if he shows up for that or sends someone else.

As long as he does the press conference, which he did, what does it matter? I don't need to hear Cal answer the same questions, it's redundant. They are all softballs anyways...no one has the balls to ask him why his teams will be going on one decade without a one seed...or why has UK only have one tourney win since 2019...or why he is having so much trouble getting these freshman to play defense as opposed to his first 6-7 yrs where his freshman could play defense...

Nobody asks these questions, makes these press conferences/radio shows stupid.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You seem bitter.
I congratulate you and I seem bitter? Don’t be an old hag all the time Deller. Losing up and enjoy life more. You get way to worked up over this stuff. Again, congrats on your big win!

Last edited:
I congratulate you and I seem bitter? Don’t be an old hag all the time Deller. Losing up and enjoy life more. You get way up worked up over this stuff. Again, congrats on your big win!
Still bitter...

Reactions: Sparty_57
Still bitter...
Well if anybody qualifies to know about being bitter if would be an old hag from Tennessee like you who’s had to suffer through years and years of no NCAA tourney success and countless UK butt whoopings. Keep being you Deller. I love you🥰

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT