ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

It was too early to foul. When up by three, you generally only employ that strategy if there is under 7 seconds left when the team starts going up the court.

When UF rebounded Rob's miss, there was just under 14 seconds remaining. That is an eternity in basketball. Too much can happen in that amount of time if you foul. It was the right decision to play it out at that point. Most coaches would.

Second, I had no problem with Rob taking the free throws. None whatsoever. He missed one, it happens. Reed has been far from automatic at the line in SEC play. I was fine with either option.

If you want to get on Cal, get on him about his defense (which you do). For some reason he no longer has the ability to teach the guys how to defend a pick and roll. UK has been getting shredded in the pick and roll the past few years. Also, nobody can stay in front of their man. Sucks to watch.
I was pretty nervous about Rob at the line. A guy that jumps when shooting free throws? Gimme Reeves or Sheppard at the line in that situation.

I agree w/you on the defense. It's like so much was done in the offseason to address the offense that playing defense got left behind.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
I was pretty nervous about Rob at the line. A guy that jumps when shooting free throws? Gimme Reeves or Sheppard at the line in that situation.

I agree w/you on the defense. It's like so much was done in the offseason to address the offense that playing defense got left behind.
It's funny...generally if a good FT shooter (which I think Rob is, I believe he is just under 80%) misses a FT, it is the first. But he swished it. After he made that, I though for sure he would nail the second...

For the same reason I love college basketball, I absolutely hate it, haha.

Reactions: TKBray
It's funny...generally if a good FT shooter (which I think Rob is, I believe he is just under 80%) misses a FT, it is the first. But he swished it. After he made that, I though for sure he would nail the second...

For the same reason I love college basketball, I absolutely hate it, haha.
Well, you got bigger fish to fry now. Rick Barnes and the Tennessee Vols are coming to town and Hell will be riding with them.

Well, you got bigger fish to fry now. Rick Barnes and the Tennessee Vols are coming to town and Hell will be riding with them.
I normally like to have some fun making predictions, but in this case, I have no idea what to expect in this game.

Hopefully UK will at least have Wagner back. Thiero reinjured his back, so have no idea if he will play. Would be nice to have Edwards for at least 10 min off the bench. But again, have no idea if he will play. Too many variables at this point. Probably won't know about any of those three until right before tipoff.

I fully expect Knecht to get his against UKs porous defense, regardlessof who is playing. He is just too talented. Can't let other ppl go off.

Reactions: della
Heading to Rupp! With UK’s weak defense no way we beat Barnes and his best team ever right??? Everyone enjoy todays games. Should be some good ones!!!

Wagner is out again tonight, so that's awesome.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Injury drama at UK… that's a John Calipari staple.
I'm surprised he hasn't been telling everyone "I haven’t seen him".

I drink Beam not Daniel's.

And I have toned down my Fandom based on my curse, lol. But this game is special. I called it last year.

Go Big Blue!!
Good, it's best to start with Training booze before you tangle with the real thing.

I know you're just saying the blue thing just to make me feel better, but go ahead and say it again.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkit3113
Should be a fantastic game. I'll miss most of it. Have sectional final tonight

Vols,
Your heart might belong to the Lord,
But tonight your ass belongs to Kentucky.

GO BIG BLUE

So DJ, Z, and Adou are out? Sweet Geezus
Jeff says he goes to a lot of games, so maybe he will suit up for you, but he will probably want some snacks or something. Make it worth his while.

Jeff says he goes to a lot of games, so maybe he will suit up for you, but he will probably want some snacks or something. Make it worth his while.
Eh, I've gone to maybe 10 games in 35 years. I have a 100% winning percentage though.

Eh, I've gone to maybe 10 games in 35 years. I have a 100% winning percentage though.
Jeff,
I see what y'all are doing making up all these excuses, so if we win y'all will diminish the win. However, if y'all win y'all will give me hell. I see it and I don't like it. :mad:

Jeff,
I see what y'all are doing making up all these excuses, so if we win y'all will diminish the win. However, if y'all win y'all will give me hell. I see it and I don't like it. :mad:
Huh? What excuse did I make?

I said, y'all. You and CB and held strong. That was why I suggested a starting position on the roster.
I was a dead eye shooter at the Lexington Athletic club in the 90's. I bet I could step in for a few possessions, but running full court right now, is not something I can do for very long these days.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT