ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee should be a 1 seed..

And as you predicted they lost.

Plus Tigerocker, if the seeding hold up as it is now LSU and UK will be on the same side. So LSU or UK will have to go through each other to get to the final game.
That kinda sucks but prolly by design of the committee so only one will get a spot in the Final 4.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
BeerPoisoning, if you know jack shit about the SEC then why do you posit stuff?

You are losing credibility ever hour dude.

Lol — Wasn’t aware that knowledge of fan-affiliated attendance at conference tournament determined someone’s credibility in terms of opinions on #1 seeding. If that’s the measuring stick on posting respect around here then it’s fair to say that I’m beyond clueless and everyone should disregard my opinion.

I could be very mistaken but I highly doubt the committee looks at a UK/TN SEC tournament game and weighs in the factor that there’s 20% more blue shirts than orange (or vice versa) in the stands.

Lol — Wasn’t aware that knowledge of fan-affiliated attendance at conference tournament determined someone’s credibility in terms of opinions on #1 seeding. If that’s the measuring stick on posting respect around here then it’s fair to say that I’m beyond clueless and everyone should disregard my opinion.

I could be very mistaken but I highly doubt the committee looks at a UK/TN SEC tournament game and weighs in the factor that there’s 20% more blue shirts than orange (or vice versa) in the stands.

I see you've met Bert.

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
The total body of work counts in seeding. Right now UT and LSU are sucking hind tit to UK in that category.

LSU is looking to move up in seeding, a #1 is not an option.
UK, UT fighting for a number 1. In my opinion, Gonzaga should not be a 1 seed and the 2 1 seeds, outside of Duke, UVA, should be down to UK, UNC and UT.
Care to explain your position that UK’s body of work is better than UT’s. Do losses count in body of work?

UK best wins (in order): Tennessee, UNC, Kansas, at Louisville, at Auburn, at Mississippi St, at Ole Miss, Miss St.

UT best wins (in order): Gonzaga (neutral), Kentucky, Louisville (neutral), at Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and on Saturday at Auburn.

Doesn’t look much different.

UK losses (in order of most acceptable to least): Duke (neutral full strength), at Tennessee, LSU, at Alabama, Seton Hall

UT losses (in order): at UK, at LSU, Kansas (Neutral Fulkerson strength).

Clearly UT has the better collection of losses, and less of them.

You're getting it, it's all about money. However when it comes to UK, we do travel better than most programs. The NCAA places teams is certain regions due to fan participation.

Care to explain your position that UK’s body of work is better than UT’s. Do losses count in body of work?

UK best wins (in order): Tennessee, UNC, Kansas, at Louisville, at Auburn, at Mississippi St, at Ole Miss, Miss St.

UT best wins (in order): Gonzaga (neutral), Kentucky, Louisville (neutral), at Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and on Saturday at Auburn.

UK losses (in order of most acceptable to least): Duke (neutral full strength), at Tennessee, LSU, at Alabama, Seton Hall

Your SOS is 69.... UK's is 22 I know this is all new to you guys....

Yup. We just couldn’t pull the trigger on Seton Hall. They were too much to schedule. Crazy how you couldn’t bet them, but a dozen other teams, many of whom will be sitting home in a week, could.

And Alabama as well.

Reactions: sgrooms
Yup. We just couldn’t pull the trigger on Seton Hall. They were too much to schedule. Crazy how you couldn’t bet them, but a dozen other teams, many of whom will be sitting home in a week, could.

And Alabama as well.

See you're still new at this. But after this year, you won't be back next year. You might for awhile, cuz you play such a weak ass schedule. Your upper jr/sr laden team has a weaker schedule than our fr/soph laden team. It's not unusual for us to struggle early.... See you in the SECT, where you're our bitch for sure...

Reactions: JC for 3
Can we stop acting like one team is better than the other? You guys are right about the same. 1 pt separates you on KP.

Looking at comparable games this season, you guys are even. This will be settled in the SECT.

UT%20vs%20UK.png

See you're still new at this. But after this year, you won't be back next year. You might for awhile, cuz you play such a weak ass schedule. Your upper jr/sr laden team has a weaker schedule than our fr/soph laden team. It's not unusual for us to struggle early.... See you in the SECT, where you're our bitch for sure...
So no facts to respond.....got it. See you Saturday.

Please enlighten me on the facts.,.. Looking forward to that....
Our record is better. Our losses are better. We’re ranked higher. Our KenPom is better. We beat you by more than you beat us.

You have a better strength ofnschedule. That’s it.

Those are the facts.

Now had you said our resumes were comparable, then okay. But you said we were “sucking hind tit.”

This just makes you wrong.

How’s that?

Our record is better. Our losses are better. We’re ranked higher. Our KenPom is better. We beat you by more than you beat us.

You have a better strength ofnschedule. That’s it.

Those are the facts.

Now had you said our resumes were comparable, then okay. But you said we were “sucking hind tit.”

This just makes you wrong.

How’s that?

You beat us more than we beat you? lol We didn't have Travis. Not the same team. BTW we had a bigger lead on you guys than you had on us.

See you SECT weekend. Neutral court, Travis is back and we'll be the favorites. Not you guys with your stellar record. I'll bet you avatars on that! Want to take the challenge?

You beat us more than we beat you? lol We didn't have Travis. Not the same team. BTW we had a bigger lead on you guys than you had on us.

See you SECT weekend. Neutral court, Travis is back and we'll be the favorites. Not you guys with your stellar record. I'll bet you avatars on that! Want to take the challenge?
Sure. One month avatar bet on UK/UT if we meet in the SECT?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It should be interesting to see how what is going on at LSU will affect the tourney.

But all we can do is focus on the game at hand

Bert for clarification, are you saying the SECT has no bearing on NCAA seeding? In your second paragraph, your first sentence appears to be contradicted with your last sentence?

Regarding the fouls yesterday, I think we fouled y'all more than you fouled us. I don't think the Refs had any bearing on the outcome. On second thought, I think some of the fouls called on Alexander were not really fouls and that foul on Turner was a clean block on a run out, but they aren't going to get everything perfect in any game.

It was either three or four years ago we had a better record than Texas A&M and beat them in the SEC tourney title game and they was still seeded higher than us so I’d say no, the SEC tourney doesn’t have much if any bearing for the selection committee.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

What do you think now Desy?

If we win the SEC Tourney we should be a 1 at 30-4

Unless Michigan or Duke wins the ACC

If they both lose in the semis then we should win

And Alabama as well.

You can talk shit all you want but Seaton Hall is better than what people give them credit for. They beat Nova today.

It was either three or four years ago we had a better record than Texas A&M and beat them in the SEC tourney title game and they was still seeded higher than us so I’d say no, the SEC tourney doesn’t have much if any bearing for the selection committee.
Della was not watching basketball that long ago. Tennessee stunk then.

ADVERTISEMENT