ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee should be a 1 seed..

(couldn't care less)

Tennessee ranked 8th last year and will be top 5 this year nationally. The event is in Nashville, Tennessee. There will be a lot of Vols and Cats there.

Lol - It’s a forum, not an English paper pal.

Cool story. Go share that information with the fella who shred his concern on attendance.

Reactions: RipThru
So a random missed shot by Maye at the end of a meaningless regular season game eases the pain of a dagger shot in the Elite 8 that stole UK's chance of winning a national title in 2017?
Yes. Unless we play UNC again this year, he goes out a loser against UK and missed his last shot.

Does a meaningless November game ease the pain of an 18 point second half comeback in the '98 Elite Eight game? Winking

Seriously though, for the literal people out there, I'd rather have NCAAT scoreboard bragging rights than a regular season scoreboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Then explain how a no way pick could get in with the auto bid for the conference champion?
I meant as far as seeding goes. I'm sure they plug in auto bid teams that wouldn't otherwise make the tournament but they're going to be shit seeds so it isn't relevant.

Yes. Unless we play UNC again this year, he goes out a loser against UK and missed his last shot.

Does a meaningless November game ease the pain of an 18 point second half comeback in the '98 Elite Eight game? Winking

Seriously though, for the literal people out there, I'd rather have NCAAT scoreboard bragging rights than a regular season scoreboard.
I hadn't started watching college basketball back in 1998 yet so no pain suffered here thankfully. :D

Did that '98 UK comeback vs the Wojo Duke team erase your pain from Laettner's shot? I'm guessing based on the continued preoccupation with Duke on Rupp Rafters, the answer for most of BBN is no.

I meant as far as seeding goes. I'm sure they plug in auto bid teams that wouldn't otherwise make the tournament but they're going to be shit seeds so it isn't relevant.
the selection committee or whoever their PR guy is, has said they have a "back up" plan in case an at large/no chance in hell to make the tournament team wins Sunday's Conference Champion(s).

I hadn't started watching college basketball back in 1998 yet so no pain suffered here thankfully. :D

Did that '98 UK comeback vs the Wojo Duke team erase your pain from Laettner's shot? I'm guessing based on the continued preoccupation with Duke on Rupp Rafters, the answer for most of BBN is no.

Yes of course, however, I don't post on RR (read it less than you), so I wouldn't know. We got our 7th championship (you'll understand how sweet 7 is if you get it) in '98. The '92 game sucked, fortunately we have two other ('66 FF, 78 Championship) Duke NCAAT game wins and the one since to help with that '92 game.

UK has 2 titles that has went through Duke in the NCAAT. Duke has that single one. Maybe you can tie it up this year.

Last edited:
You know, you could reverse things and take a roll call of the UK regulars that were missing after the game too?

I’m not talking about no shows I’m talking about people that I’ve never seen on this board lol

Yes of course, however, I don't post on RR (read it less than you), so I wouldn't know. We got our 7th championship (you'll understand how sweet 7 is if you get it) in '98. The '92 game sucked, fortunately we have two other ('66 FF, 78 Championship) Duke NCAAT game wins and the one since to help with that '92 game.

UK has 2 titles that has went through Duke in the NCAAT. Duke has that single one. Maybe you can tie it up this year.

The 92 game was sweet and sour. It was our first postseason after the Sutton debacle. The team wasn't prototypical UK, loaded with Kentucky kids. But we had Mash and Sean Woods. I didn't think we would even compete in that game, but our guys fought hard. Under today's rules, Laettner would have been ejected. But he wasn't and history is history. Coach K was very gracious and met with our players. I was an instant fan of K's until he insulted BBN about playing in Rupp later on.

The 98 game was sweet. That deficit was erased in a little over 2 minutes. Wayne Turner made Wojo his bitch. That team was one of my favorites.

I am sure the NCAA will want to know your opinion.

How dare I think to voice an opinion on a message board where people solicit others opinions and discuss them. What ever was I thinking?!

Will you call up the NCAA and apologize for me?

Just how in hell do you know that? What assumption are you making?

Geeze asshole, UK has won more than half of the SECT. So please tell me what you base your stupid prediction on?
58a391b0ae31b5c9e5e13845dbb1802c.jpg

Because he knows I will be leading the Vols to victory Bert!

Just how in hell do you know that? What assumption are you making?

Geeze asshole, UK has won more than half of the SECT. So please tell me what you base your stupid prediction on?
He's not predicting a Kentucky loss he is saying if Tennessee loses to Kentucky in the SEC tournament they won't get a 1 seed.

Reactions: UL_1986 and sgrooms
He's not predicting a Kentucky loss he is saying if Tennessee loses to Kentucky in the SEC tournament they won't get a 1 seed.

Probably reading through his fan goggles and missed that.

I understand what he said; however, I don't believe what he said.... and at the same time he is saying that the SEC Tournament means something. It means nothing folks.

Geeze, how many time do we have to see that the winner of the SECT is meaningless? How many times do we have to see the stupidity of the SECT. So please don't insult my IQ with this drivel. The SECT is for revenue, nothing else. The ACC Tourney is for seeding.

The harmed poster apparently never watched last year when UK won the SECT and ended up with the third best seed from the SEC. Tennessee and Auburn had better seeds. That does not happen in the ACC or B1G but it does happen in the SEC.

Tennessee will get what ever seed the NCAA selection committee desires. It will not be based on anything except their biases.

Sorry, but you still have faith in the NCAA. I don't have any faith in the NCAA and their fairness. Kentucky just has to be good enough to go to some distant region and be good enough to advance.

IDK Bert- if LSU wins out this week, than beats UT or Kentucky again in the finals, no way LSU is ranked lower than both of them..

Based on....? You've clearly never been to the SECT, especially in Nashville. It's basically Rupp Arena South.
...............that is what bothers me about these dudes that show up and view themselves as EXPECTS. He has no concept of the SEC and following.

I will bet that if UT and UK show up in the finals of the SECT UK will have twice the following, just like last year.

IDK Bert- if LSU wins out this week, than beats UT or Kentucky again in the finals, no way LSU is ranked lower than both of them..
Not to be nasty, but I do not think that I said that they would be. You may be addressing the wrong guy. Winking

Last year UK beat UT in the SEC finals and was seeded two seeds lower.

Last edited:
I don’t know anything about the attendance at the SECT. Someone mentioned that it’d be a heavy UK crowd. I could careless and noted the committee could careless if it’s all UK fans, all UT fans or bus loads of people from Idaho filling the seats.
BeerPoisoning, if you know jack shit about the SEC then why do you posit stuff?

You are losing credibility ever hour dude.

Last edited:
I understand what he said; however, I don't believe what he said.... and at the same time he is saying that the SEC Tournament means something. It means nothing folks.

Geeze, how many time do we have to see that the winner of the SECT is meaningless? How many times do we have to see the stupidity of the SECT. So please don't insult my IQ with this drivel. The SECT is for revenue, nothing else. The ACC Tourney is for seeding.

The harmed poster apparently never watched last year when UK won the SECT and ended up with the third best seed from the SEC. Tennessee and Auburn had better seeds. That does not happen in the ACC or B1G but it does happen in the SEC.

Tennessee will get what ever seed the NCAA selection committee desires. It will not be based on anything except their biases.

Sorry, but you still have faith in the NCAA. I don't have any faith in the NCAA and their fairness. Kentucky just has to be good enough to go to some distant region and be good enough to advance.
Have to agree Bert I mean it's very possible LSU wins the SEC outright and the committee doesn't even acknowledge it and still gives UT the #1 seed. They are looking at UT's record and losses and that they beat Gonzaga especially if they win out and beat AU it's a done deal. The bracket part will be finished as far as the SEC before the final SEC T game even starts.

"Geeze asshole, UK has won more than half of the SECT. So please tell me what you base your stupid prediction on?"

You said this, because he was saying the SECT means something? Sure, Bert. Hey, sherbert Laughing. It makes more sense that you wrote that because you quit reading after "No way UK wins 3rd matchup to win SEC T"

Have to agree Bert I mean it's very possible LSU wins the SEC outright and the committee doesn't even acknowledge it and still gives UT the #1 seed. They are looking at UT's record and losses and that they beat Gonzaga especially if they win out and beat AU it's a done deal. The bracket part will be finished as far as the SEC before the final SEC T game even starts.
I think it would be best for all if we just stopped all these UK and LSU scenarios and mutually agree, UT #1 seed regardless. I'm just looking out for the best interest of all SEC fans here.:D

Reactions: Tigerocker
"Geeze asshole, UK has won more than half of the SECT. So please tell me what you base your stupid prediction on?"

You said this, because he was saying the SECT means something? Sure, Bert. Hey, sherbert Laughing. It makes more sense that you wrote that because you quit reading after "No way UK wins 3rd matchup to win SEC T"

sgrooms, are you just looking for a verbal war? Do you have a point?

My stupid prediction was based on my stupidity I suppose.

I am just sorry that I am not a brilliant dude like you. Eyeroll

By the way what in hell does "sherbert" mean?

He probably just misspelled Sherbet, it is pronounced s h e r b e r t. Therefore, he is calling you a sweet frozen fruity dessert.:)

Yes, I believe I made my point.

No need to be sorry.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/sherbet-vs-sherbert

"By the late 18th century sherbet had become the established spelling, but after only a few intermittent uses in the 18th and 19th centuries, sherbert staged a minor comeback in the 20th century. It's now a fully established (though far lesser-used) variant."

Why Tennessee? They have played few good teams. The SEC schedule was easy and the OOC was very easy.

Sorry, but NO.
Because Tennessee is wonderful Bert. The SEC schedule is the SEC schedule and the OOC included Gonzaga, UL, Memphis and a full strength Kansas. UL and Memphis always have the potential to be good, so UT didn't duck competition.

Yes, I believe I made my point.

No need to be sorry.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/sherbet-vs-sherbert

"By the late 18th century sherbet had become the established spelling, but after only a few intermittent uses in the 18th and 19th centuries, sherbert staged a minor comeback in the 20th century. It's now a fully established (though far lesser-used) variant."
It is an odd ball spelling, I can see how you would be attracted to it.

Reactions: sgrooms
Not sure if the SEC T is even used with the smaller seeds to be quite honest. Take Alabama for instance that they play AU right now and if they win will give them a shot at that majic 20 win entrance to the dance. They probably won't win that game however, if they do win will still need another win in either Arky or the SEC T. They better get it with Arky because Imo if they don't and relying on an SEC T win it ain't gonna happen.

Not sure if the SEC T is even used with the smaller seeds to be quite honest. Take Alabama for instance that they play AU right now and if they win will give them a shot at that majic 20 win entrance to the dance. They probably won't win that game however, if they do win will still need another win in either Arky or the SEC T. They better get it with Arky because Imo if they don't and relying on an SEC T win it ain't gonna happen.
And as you predicted they lost.

Plus Tigerocker, if the seeding hold up as it is now LSU and UK will be on the same side. So LSU or UK will have to go through each other to get to the final game.

And as you predicted they lost.

Plus Tigerocker, if the seeding hold up as it is now LSU and UK will be on the same side. So LSU or UK will have to go through each other to get to the final game.

LSU holds the tiebreaker over Tennessee. I saw ESPN post a graphic of SEC Tournament seeds if the season ended today, but UT got the current nod because they defeated MSU earlier in the night, meaning they're 1 up in the win column. If LSU beats Florida and Vanderbilt, they will be the 1 seed in the SECT.

The total body of work counts in seeding. Right now UT and LSU are sucking hind tit to UK in that category.

LSU is looking to move up in seeding, a #1 is not an option.
UK, UT fighting for a number 1. In my opinion, Gonzaga should not be a 1 seed and the 2 1 seeds, outside of Duke, UVA, should be down to UK, UNC and UT.

@Tigerocker you are a great addition to the board.

I enjoy your reasoned posts. Why don't you stick around.

ADVERTISEMENT