ADVERTISEMENT

Tech vs Duke

True Zion is more efficient in general but I’m not sure you’ll see many more games with RJ missing as many looks as he has this evening. I would say I’d like to see RJ be more efficient, though he has made progress in that regard.

Has he? I mean...

TT is a great defensive team.

Reactions: TechFan88
I would have never thought Duke would have been held to below 70 this year. Credit to TT. But man... I am just happy that Duke can find a way to win a game vs a top 15 team by 11 points when they shot 3-20 from 3. (White was 2-3) and turned the ball over 19 times. Game was poison to the eyes at times, but overall a good game. I think Texas Tech will win a lot of games this year and be a sweet sixteen team at worst once they balance out their team with an offense that compliments their defense.

Dukes depth wore tech down as well. Tech looked like hot garbage on offense down the stretch and duke just turned up the defense. Techs guards looked completely overwhelmed

I've seen them a few times and just don't think they are very good. Still, good win for Duke right now which will still probably be an ok win at the end of the year. With the other teams they have beat, and will beat, that is really all they expected out of this game anyway.

Duke shot like shit, period. Still won. I love Tre Jones and Jack White.

I've seen them a few times and just don't think they are very good. Still, good win for Duke right now which will still probably be an ok win at the end of the year. With the other teams they have beat, and will beat, that is really all they expected out of this game anyway.

You don't think Duke is good?

Or

You don't think Texas Tech is very good?

Tech going to win 27+ games with relative ease. Hell their schedule sets up well enough that they could be sitting on 20 wins by the time they play at KU the first week of February.

Duke shot horribly, a ton of fouls (including a raft of offensive fouls that screwed up Duke’s rhythm) Williamson fouled out... just a mess... against a good team... and still we managed to win. I’ll take it. Jones is so damn good.

Reactions: sgrooms

You don't think Duke is good?

Or

You don't think Texas Tech is very good?

Tech going to win 27+ games with relative ease. Hell their schedule sets up well enough that they could be sitting on 20 wins by the time they play at KU the first week of February.

I think Duke is really good. I think Tech is ok. This was a good showing for them though. They certainly were better than I thought to give Duke so much trouble like that.

Duke had 34pts with 14mins to go in the 2nd half, a real juggernaut.
They had a horrible night offensively and still managed to win by double digits. TT deserves some credit for Duke's struggles, but the shots weren't falling regardless. A lot of teams would have a much harder time staying in a game while consistently missing shots, turning the ball over and committing silly fouls. But Duke made up for on defense what they left on the court on offense. It was an ugly win, but a win. Judging them as a whole based off of last night's performance is just as silly as how the media speculated how good they were after the Kentucky game.

Great game Duke! The talent disparity was very obvious and though we play great D, we can't let our offense play like that against the likes of a true blue such as yourselves.

Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we will see each other again this season. :)
Good luck for the rest of the year but I do not want to see you again.Yall are too good

Duke scored 35 points in the final 14 minutes (a good chunk of the game). That pace for 40 minutes is a 100 pt game.
It's pretty crazy how fast Duke can put points on the board. The game against Princeton Duke had 14 points after the ten minute mark of the first half and trailed for 13 minutes in that game. They ended up with 101 points and winning by 51. It's crazy to think how many points this team can score when they are clicking. All while being a poor outside shooting team.

Duke had 34pts with 14mins to go in the 2nd half, a real juggernaut.

There is this guy named Ken Pomeroy. He does basketball stats. Maybe you've heard of him? He's got Duke as the #2 offense and the #3 defense in the country. But what does he know?

As I said Tech ain't worth a shit. Laughing

That’s a strange takeaway, especially from a guy whose team lost by 30 or something in similar circumstances.

Can't believe I got Jarrett Culver in the 7th round of our College Basketball Draft. Dude might be good enough to make 1st Team All-American...

Also, what was up with those rims last night? I want to say Duke had 5 shots go in-and-out.

Barrett had a few where he shook his head in disbelief at the same time I did.
Barrett took a lot of shots that had me shaking my head in disbelief. K has always let shooters shoot their way out of slumps. But it is apparent that Barrett is not a shooter. Sure, a few were in and out. But a lot were just out of control, bad shots. Super talented, just has work to do to bring it all together.

Barrett is a chucker and not in a good way.

I think Reddish is probably starting to regret going to Duke. He's getting lost in the shuffle. Could've gone to any number of good teams and been the man. Now he's just another guy fighting for the few shots that are left after RJ is done.

I think Reddish is probably starting to regret going to Duke. He's getting lost in the shuffle. Could've gone to any number of good teams and been the man. Now he's just another guy fighting for the few shots that are left after RJ is done.
He will have to start playing a hell of a lot better to be the man anywhere. His shooting percentage is terrible and he loses the ball when he drives about 80% of the time or gets blocked.

He's projected to go third in the draft, he's doing alright. I actually think it says more about him that he can sacrifice for the good of the team, yet still show how good he is.

ADVERTISEMENT