ADVERTISEMENT

Tech vs Duke

Sounds a lot like Little from what you guys have said. Game is fast, he is thinking too much, shot is off, but is still cheering when everyone else does well, and seems to only care about winning and getting better. Glad to hear that. I was a big fan of Reddish and thought he would be the key for you guys. I was wrong on that last part but still think he will be a big time player.

Someone over at our board made the comparison of Reddish and Harrison Barnes as freshmen. You can see the immense talent, it's just the game is moving a little faster than their minds. I'm not sure I agree with the comparison in full, but I know one thing they really have/had in common at this age....neither are tight dribblers. Barnes would always lose the ball or get it knocked away. Cam is the same. Reddish has a lot of the physical tools Barnes had at the same age, but I don't think he's the shooter Barnes was coming out of high school.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
I agree but he it seemed to affect it at times in the 1st half. letting a guy blow by him with 5 seconds on the shot clock leading to a lay up and a foul.

That’s why I said late in the 2nd half

Someone over at our board made the comparison of Reddish and Harrison Barnes as freshmen. You can see the immense talent, it's just the game is moving a little faster than their minds. I'm not sure I agree with the comparison in full, but I know one thing they really have/had in common at this age....neither are tight dribblers. Barnes would always lose the ball or get it knocked away. Cam is the same. Reddish has a lot of the physical tools Barnes had at the same age, but I don't think he's the shooter Barnes was coming out of high school.

Yeah, I agree completely if that is in fact an issue with Reddish (honestly haven't seen enough to know at all). Barnes always had a lot of 'pro' type moves but his dribble was kind of out in front of him IIRC. When you watch him now he isn't Kyrie or anything by a long way but he has much better handles in traffic (which you would expect of course). I thought Reddish would have a bigger impact than Zion. I was obviously quite wrong, lol. He'll be fine of course though.

He can pass on a bad shot, let the offense flow, and get a better shot. I think that's a big part that's missing in his game.
Like I’ve explained a few times, he has improved in that regard. One game (where he was still a major contributor) doesn’t mean the entire body of work should be ignored. He had a poor shooting night against a well coached and executed defense. Been happening since they were shooting at peach baskets.

Like I’ve explained a few times, he has improved in that regard. One game (where he was still a major contributor) doesn’t mean the entire body of work should be ignored. He had a poor shooting night against a well coached and executed defense. Been happening since they were shooting at peach baskets.

I was more addressing your point that he should take a bad shot instead of passing to someone who's having an off night.

Reactions: PHXDukie
My issue with RJ has been the amount of 3s he takes. He can't shoot them, but he keeps hoisting them up there. I like him driving to the bucket, but I'd like to see him look to distribute down there a little more as opposed to having tunnel vision for the basket.

Duke should be looking to find more shots on the perimeter for Reddish. Duke is gonna need some outside shooting eventually and Reddish looks like the guy who has the best chance to be that guy.

Am I the only one to think Zion isn’t necessarily destined for NBA stardom?

He’s already a star with millions of followers. Now are you saying he won’t be successful in the league? If so, the same people said that about him coming out of HS (he’s too fat, he only dunk on short white guys, etc.) We’ve heard it all.

He’s already a star with millions of followers. Now are you saying he won’t be successful in the league? If so, the same people said that about him coming out of HS (he’s too fat, he only dunk on short white guys, etc.) We’ve heard it all.

No. I’m just not sure he’s necessarily going to be a centerpiece for a franchise and an 8 time all star

Sounds a lot like Little from what you guys have said. Game is fast, he is thinking too much, shot is off, but is still cheering when everyone else does well, and seems to only care about winning and getting better. Glad to hear that. I was a big fan of Reddish and thought he would be the key for you guys. I was wrong on that last part but still think he will be a big time player.
Imo ultimately he will be the key for us to win the The ncaa tournament because we know we get get from Barrett an Zion.We will need him to shoot well for us to cut down the nets.Hope he can have s Winslow type of tournament

I just wish TTU had better guards. We really miss guards Keenan Evans and Niem Stevenson off last year's team. Tre Jones ate our guys alive. How he finished with only 6 steals is beyond me feels like he had 10+. He felt like the real difference in the game as much as people want to talk about Zion.

Culver played fairly well but you wouldn't necessarily know that from the coverage. Also proud of the TTU faithful showing up at MSG and making it at least 40% TTU fans.

Sad we didn't play our best game but credit goes to Duke. Good learning experience for this group like losing to Seton Hall last season was.

Good game Duke feel free to schedule us again.

Reactions: sgrooms
ADVERTISEMENT