Arkansas (-11.5) vs. Oral Roberts
Loyola (-6.5) vs. Oregon State
Houston (-6) vs. Syracuse
Michigan (-3) vs. Florida State
Gonzaga (-13.5) vs. Creighton
USC (-1.5) vs. Oregon
Alabama (-6) vs. UCLA

Be careful with Villanova.

Houston has a chance to blow out Syracuse. The numbers favor them plus I expect their guards to win their matchups.

Hard to discount Boeheim though.
But Syracuse doesn't rebound the ball against an excellent offensive rebounding team with decent shooters.

Reactions: duckboy33
Baylor covers. Alabama covers. Gonzaga covers. Arkansas covers. USC covers by a mile. Florida St by double digits.

Baylor (-6.5) vs. Villanova
Arkansas (-11.5) vs. Oral Roberts
Loyola (-6.5) vs. Oregon State
Houston (-6) vs. Syracuse
Michigan (-3) vs. Florida State
Gonzaga (-13.5) vs. Creighton
USC (-1.5) vs. Oregon
Alabama (-6) vs. UCLA
Give me Baylor -6.5
Arkansas -11.5
Oregon State +6.5
Syracuse +6
Florida State +3
Gonzaga -13.5
Oregon +1.5

My lock of the weekend is Oregon State to cover. They will win that game out right so yeah +6.5 seems hilarious to me but what do I know? My bracket is throughly destroyed by now.

Oral Roberts played with Arkansas and even had a 10 point half time lead...
Even when Max Abmas had an off night.

That game is hard to pick.
Especially since Justin Smith went off on Oral and won that game for them.

Still won by 11 that game without Devo Davis or Jaylin Williams playing much. Muss was still trying to figure this team out.

I'm not trying to discount Oral Roberts, but Muss isn't Mike White and won't blow this, especially with so many days to prepare.

Did u watch Loyola dismantle the hottest team in the country sans Gonzaga. I like Loyola and usc the most, then Baylor and FSU.

Still won by 11 that game without Devo Davis or Jaylin Williams playing much. Muss was still trying to figure this team out.

I'm not trying to discount Oral Roberts, but Muss isn't Mike White and won't blow this, especially with so many days to prepare.

We will see.

The thing about them is they have had the best player on the floor.

He didn't have a big game against Arkansas.
Abmas can go off for 40. Hard to trap him because of the other shooters

We will see.

The thing about them is they have had the best player on the floor.

He didn't have a big game against Arkansas.
Abmas can go off for 40. Hard to trap him because of the other shooters

I assume we'll just stick Davis on him like we did against McClung

Should be a good game though, ORU is obviously playing with a lot of confidence

@GE Nole thoughts on the FSU-Mich game? I'm surprised so many people on the board are discounting Michigan. Brandon Johns has looked like an adequate replacement for Livers, especially defensively, and they still have a bunch of wings in Brooks and Chaundee that can light it up from 3 plus Dickinson down low.

The line seems about right, Michigan beats FSU 6/10 times I think, should be a great game.

@GE Nole thoughts on the FSU-Mich game? I'm surprised so many people on the board are discounting Michigan. Brandon Johns has looked like an adequate replacement for Livers, especially defensively, and they still have a bunch of wings in Brooks and Chaundee that can light it up from 3 plus Dickinson down low.

The line seems about right, Michigan beats FSU 6/10 times I think, should be a great game.

Michigan has the higher floor, so I’d probably favor them. FSU’s floor is that of an NIT team.

That said, if Balsa can stay out of foul trouble and even somewhat neutralize Dickenson, I’d like our chances to make up the gap with the rest of the roster.

Honestly, it may come down to whether FSU can make threes at our average clip.

Reactions: bignish and jhmossy
Last time each of these programs has made the elite 8:

Gonzaga - 2019
Loyola Chicago - 2018
Villanova - 2018
Florida State - 2018
Michigan - 2018
Oregon - 2017
Syracuse - 2016
Baylor - 2012
UCLA - 2008
Alabama - 2004
USC - 2001
Arkansas - 1995
Houston - 1984
Oregon State - 1982
Oral Roberts - 1974
Creighton - 1941

Last time each of these programs has made the elite 8:

Gonzaga - 2019
Loyola Chicago - 2018
Villanova - 2018
Florida State - 2018
Michigan - 2018
Oregon - 2017
Syracuse - 2016
Baylor - 2012
UCLA - 2008
Alabama - 2004
USC - 2001
Arkansas - 1995
Houston - 1984
Oregon State - 1982
Oral Roberts - 1974
Creighton - 1941
That is a crazy stat and why I love College basketball. Only 1 team made the elite 8 in 2019 that is still in the sweet 16 this year. I love that parity exists in college basketball unlike college football.

Michigan has the higher floor, so I’d probably favor them. FSU’s floor is that of an NIT team.

That said, if Balsa can stay out of foul trouble and even somewhat neutralize Dickenson, I’d like our chances to make up the gap with the rest of the roster.

Honestly, it may come down to whether FSU can make threes at our average clip.

And protect the ball. 25 turnovers like the GT game is ludicrous.

And protect the ball. 25 turnovers like the GT game is ludicrous.

The 25 turnovers is a massive anomaly. It was the highest percentage of possessions with a turnover for us in like a decade.

Yes we need to protect the ball. Every team needs to protect the ball. But FSU fans need to step off the ledge with some of the talk around that GT game. It was just a perfect storm of playing an aggressive defense with the ACC DPoY, with us not having a true PG, and with the refs deciding they were gonna call a bunch of charges (turnovers).

We have two games above 25% turnover rate this season—Jan 30 against GT and March 13 against GT.

We have 9 games where we turned it over on less than 20% of our possessions, including a brilliant 8.1% against UVA, a team that forces turnovers at about the same rate as Michigan.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Baylor could.
But that is a dangerous game.

Nova looked like that entire program is dialed in and you expect that to be even more the case with another week

I wouldn't touch that game. Probably the worst game to bet on

They played North Texas. They might be dialed in this weekend, but if Baylor's dialed in, they're screwed.

They played North Texas. They might be dialed in this weekend, but if Baylor's dialed in, they're screwed.

Villanova even without Gillespie could be the more efficient Offense.

Baylor doesn't use their big like they should.

Villanova does.

Yes Villanova could improve from last week...
We have seen this from Jay Wright historically.
I don't like this game because you are giving Wright that much time to prepare.

We have more talent, just hopefully can stay out of foul trouble and play smart. LSU had their most success turning it into a track meet. That's not the type of game we wanna play.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Villanova does.

Totally disagree with this, Baylor should blow out Nova here as this is a horrible matchup for them. Baylor has a great defensive guard in Davion Mitchell while Nova has to use Arcidiacano who is not a D1 caliber guard since they don't have Gillespie. Butler and Mitchell should eat Nova's lunch.

This also isn't a good rebounding or help defense Nova team while Baylor attacks the boards with all their starters and they're great at exploiting mismatches.

I think Baylor will put up 100 on Nova on Sat, this one could get ugly.

Reactions: Villian07
Totally disagree with this, Baylor should blow out Nova here as this is a horrible matchup for them. Baylor has a great defensive guard in Davion Mitchell while Nova has to use Arcidiacano who is not a D1 caliber guard since they don't have Gillespie. Butler and Mitchell should eat Nova's lunch.

This also isn't a good rebounding or help defense Nova team while Baylor attacks the boards with all their starters and they're great at exploiting mismatches.

I think Baylor will put up 100 on Nova on Sat, this one could get ugly.

We will see. Helps that Villanova already had a preview of Baylor last week in North Texas

We have more talent, just hopefully can stay out of foul trouble and play smart. LSU had their most success turning it into a track meet. That's not the type of game we wanna play.

Track meet? Wait till you see Calhoun. He’s too fast. At 6-6 220 he’s lighting in a bottle, just never sure where that lightning is going lol.

Reactions: jhmossy

Villanova does.

Always hate when FSU plays Nova. They very well coached and very efficient.

Reactions: duckboy33

Villanova does.

I think Jay Wright's maybe as good as anyone, but he's not a miracle-worker. He falls on his face more often than he succeeds in the tourney. The talent isn't in the same galaxy as what he had in 2016 or 2018.

I think Jay Wright's maybe as good as anyone, but he's not a miracle-worker. He falls on his face more often than he succeeds in the tourney. The talent isn't in the same galaxy as what he had in 2016 or 2018.
Once again the line is 6.5

Baylor could win....
But to think the most likely outcome will be a double digit win by Baylor isn't all the way true.

He does have Robinson Earl. Possibly better than any player he had in 2018.

Track meet? Wait till you see Calhoun. He’s too fast. At 6-6 220 he’s lighting in a bottle, just never sure where that lightning is going lol.

That dude looks like he's having a seizure on the court. Insanely quick and athletic but has no clue how to bottle it up and use it as effectively as he could. Watching him play defense is hilarious just based on how jittery he is.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Once again the line is 6.5

Baylor could win....
But to think the most likely outcome will be a double digit win by Baylor isn't all the way true.

He does have Robinson Earl. Possibly better than any player he had in 2018.

I used to live in the KC suburb he's from. Punk was KU all the way until a last minute switcheroo.

Really doubt that he's better than everybody from the 2018 team though.

Do you have more talent? Franz Wagner is the only guy on this Michigan team I see as a rotation NBA player. This team seems more like "the sum of the parts is greater than one" type scenario.

Reactions: supergreennole
Do you have more talent? Franz Wagner is the only guy on this Michigan team I see as a rotation NBA player. This team seems more like "the sum of the parts is greater than one" type scenario.

College talent is different than NBA potential. Hunter Dickinson was a 2nd team All-American and isn't on draft boards.

ADVERTISEMENT