ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Ur
?????

2009 - 0 (right?)
2010 - 4
2011 - 5
2012 - 6

Yea ur right I was thinking recruiting class, not the year of the tourney. Wall and cousins and company were 09 recruits but they obv played in the 2010 ncaaT. So yea that eliminates any UK player.

I’ll go back to my original Jalen Brunson guess based on these new facts coming to life.

And my wildcard guess is Theo pinson from UNC, bc I wanna say he played 5 years bc of injury, but again that might be wrong.

This is one of my favorite trivia questions. Glad to see there are lots of responses. I think it's fun because you can think of lots of players who might fit the bill... but, you're not quite certain. It takes some thinking - and some guessing. Most people don't know the results of all four years of a particular player, outside of a few schools.

It's not a super obscure player like Bryant Nash. And for the record, I'm only counting it if the player actually showed up in the box score. Stilman White (UNC), for example, would actually have the record, had he played in all of the games. He only played in 11 of the 16 wins during his career, however.

And there is only one player at the top. He's not tied with anyone. No correct answer as of yet.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It probably goes without saying, but this player would have to had played in two Final Fours. And there have been quite a few schools that fit that criteria over the past 20 years:

Michigan State
Maryland
Kansas
Duke
Florida
UCLA
North Carolina
UConn
Butler
Kentucky
Louisville
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Villanova

It probably goes without saying, but this player would have to had played in two Final Fours. And there have been quite a few schools that fit that criteria over the past 20 years:

Michigan State
Maryland
Kansas
Duke
Florida
UCLA
North Carolina
UConn
Butler
Kentucky
Louisville
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Villanova

It's that ****ing little white guard from Wisconsin who was there forever, Mr. What'shisname.

This is one of my favorite trivia questions. Glad to see there are lots of responses. I think it's fun because you can think of lots of players who might fit the bill... but, you're not quite certain. It takes some thinking - and some guessing. Most people don't know the results of all four years of a particular player, outside of a few schools.

It's not a super obscure player like Bryant Nash. And for the record, I'm only counting it if the player actually showed up in the box score. Stilman White (UNC), for example, would actually have the record, had he played in all of the games. He only played in 11 of the 16 wins during his career, however.

And there is only one player at the top. He's not tied with anyone. No correct answer as of yet.
Danny Green?

It's that ****ing little white guard from Wisconsin who was there forever, Mr. What'shisname.

Danny Green?

Shabazz Napier

That’ll be my last guess.

Not Josh Gasser, Danny Green, or Shabazz Napier.

UNC actually has 7 guys that are tied for second. But, the player with the most wins didn't play at UNC.

Leader ?? - 15 wins
Tyler Hansbrough - 14
Danny Green - 14
Kennedy Meeks - 14
Isaiah Hicks - 14
Nate Britt - 14
Joel Berry - 14
Theo Pinson - 14
4 other guys - 14 wins

I just realized what team and from what era. Don't know how I oversaw them.

Edit - Nevermind, what I'm thinking of is 14 as well. Damn, I feel like this would've been an obvious answer.

^Phil Booth also has 14 wins. He's tied for second.

So, some of you might protest the answer to this question. But, I don't believe in revisionist history.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Can we just give up
Heavens-Gate-Cover.jpg

Wayne Blackshear?

You got it! Wayne Blackshear from Louisville. He won 15 games over his 4-year career (4,6,2,3). Take it away!

Here's the complete leaderboard:

Wayne Blackshear, Louisville- 15 wins
Chris Duhon, Duke - 14
Darren Collison, UCLA - 14
Alfred Aboya, UCLA - 14
Tyler Hansbrough, UNC - 14
Danny Green, UNC - 14
Kennedy Meeks, UNC - 14
Isaiah Hicks, UNC - 14
Nate Britt, UNC - 14
Joel Berry, UNC - 14
Theo Pinson, UNC - 14
Phil Booth, Villanova - 14

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Which player has won the most ncaa games in their career. IIRC a couple of players are tied.

Pretty sure it's Gonzaga's Karnowski. But, Kevin Bryan got the previous question right.
Wow, I was way off, I had Wayne Turner and a Calipari Memphis player.

He ended his career as the program's leader in steals, was a 1,000-point scorer and set an NCAA record for games played (151) that has since been broken

Forgive me, I'm slow right now.

You got it! Wayne Blackshear from Louisville. He won 15 games over his 4-year career (4,6,2,3). Take it away!

Here's the complete leaderboard:

Wayne Blackshear, Louisville- 15 wins
Chris Duhon, Duke - 14
Darren Collison, UCLA - 14
Alfred Aboya, UCLA - 14
Tyler Hansbrough, UNC - 14
Danny Green, UNC - 14
Kennedy Meeks, UNC - 14
Isaiah Hicks, UNC - 14
Nate Britt, UNC - 14
Joel Berry, UNC - 14
Theo Pinson, UNC - 14
Phil Booth, Villanova - 14
I can't think of a good question at the moment, so I will pass my turn to @jhmossy to ask a question.

Reactions: jhmossy
Damn I never woulda thought of Blackshear lol and I did think about trez but he only stayed 3 years.

saddest part of that as a cards fan is that he could have had a few more (2014 - zebras and 2015 Mathiang missed a FT at the end of regulation that would have put us in the FF over Sparty) and even sadder, chane behanen could have been right there with wayne if he coulda laid off the smoke smh.

Wayne was kind of like Louisville’s version of Briscoe, both good players who caught a lot of flack from the fans just bc of the expectations that come with being a highly rated recruit.

Dude was a solid player, and apparently loves threesomes so I’ll always be a fan of fat wayne ;)

Damn I never woulda thought of Blackshear lol and I did think about trez but he only stayed 3 years.

saddest part of that as a cards fan is that he could have had a few more (2014 - zebras and 2015 Mathiang missed a FT at the end of regulation that would have put us in the FF over Sparty) and even sadder, chane behanen could have been right there with wayne if he coulda laid off the smoke smh.

Wayne was kind of like Louisville’s version of Briscoe, both good players who caught a lot of flack from the fans just bc of the expectations that come with being a highly rated recruit.

Dude was a solid player, and apparently loves threesomes so I’ll always be a fan of fat wayne ;)
As soon as he said, "So, some of you might protest the answer to this question. But, I don't believe in revisionist history," I knew who it was. LaughingSmokinSmile

Who is the only coach to lose to a 16 seed as a 1 and then not win a championship the following year?

Tara VanDerveer. Lost to Harvard in the 1st Round in 98, IIRC.

Okay, that's women's basketball. I know. I know. Still counts, right?

Haha I thought you were joking about that. Didn't realize that was a serious question.

I was joking but it was also a legit trivia question. Like who the **** knows who was the coach of Stanford's women's team in 1998?

Three schools have gone to 5 consecutive Final Fours. UCLA and Duke are two of them. Who is the third school?

I was joking but it was also a legit trivia question. Like who the **** knows who was the coach of Stanford's women's team in 1998?

lol, right? I used to watch women's basketball a bit. But, kind of gave up on it 10 years ago or so.

ADVERTISEMENT