ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Why would UCLA be eliminated? Another notable team that can be added to that long list is Indiana.

I have effectively eliminated every Final Four from 1975 to present day. 1983 was close (and 2014), but of course the Louisville Cardinals wouldn't be a mammal.

Might need a group effort to answer this question correctly. Here are the only possible years I have left. I've filled in the schools that I know of.

1974- UCLA, NC State
1973- UCLA, Memphis
1965- UCLA
1958- Kentucky
1951- Kentucky
1950- CCNY (nickname?), NC State
1949- Kentucky
1948- Kentucky
I was just basing it off of a Bruin which I don’t think is a non-human mammal?

a Bruin is a bear ya big dummy.
giphy.gif

If we go by the current conference affiliations, who was the last school before UNLV, outside of a Power 6 Conference (ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC), to win the national championship?

If we go by the current conference affiliations, who was the last school before UNLV, outside of a Power 6 Conference (ACC, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC), to win the national championship?

The Fightin Sister Jeans of Loyola Chicago?

I'm terrible at this. Bunch of olds

I'm old, but not that old. But, when I was a kid I got a NCAA tourney coffee table type book that had a chapter for each year and I read that thing cover to cover. Used to be able to recite every winner of the tourney in chronological order. That was about 10,000 pounds of marijuana ago so now I'd be lucky if I can recite the 4 letters in NCAA, but man if this contest was back in the early 90s I'd even give @dukedevilz a run for his money.

Reactions: dukedevilz
San Francisco and Loyola Chicago are close... but yes, UTEP (Texas Western) in 1966, is the correct answer. You're up!

Fvck I didn't want to be right I was just answering his specifically. Also couldn't remember their original name for he life of me. Just that dumb movie title.

I haven't been paying attention so hopefully this softball hasn't been asked. Who are the only two players to win multiple Naismith awards in their career?

Fvck I didn't want to be right I was just answering his specifically. Also couldn't remember their original name for he life of me. Just that dumb movie title.

I haven't been paying attention so hopefully this softball hasn't been asked. Who are the only two players to win multiple Naismith awards in their career?
Ralph Sampson and Lew Alcindor?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I think Bill Walton rather than Kareem.

Winner. The award was first given in 1969, where Kareem won. If it had been started earlier he likely joins the list with Walton and Sampson, both 3 time winners.

Winner. The award was first given in 1969, where Kareem won. If it had been started earlier he likely joins the list with Walton and Sampson, both 3 time winners.
Who holds the NCAA D-1 record for career 3-pointers made? (Hint: it's recent)

Used to be able to recite every winner of the tourney in chronological order. That was about 10,000 pounds of marijuana ago so now I'd be lucky if I can recite the 4 letters in NCAA, but man if this contest was back in the early 90s I'd even give @dukedevilz a run for his money.

To be fair, I can also recall all 81 National Champions in chronological order.

Back to my question on page one. It was when our all time home winning streak ended. 129 games and the loss was to GT. Until that point, some have never seen or heard of UK losing at home in their entire life.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Someone we've never heard of. I looked it up because I knew I wouldn't guess correctly.

His name doesn't resonate with most people. He certainly doesn't carry the clout of a Wilt Chamberlain or a Bill Russell. But, he was kind of a big deal at one point. Final Four Most Outstanding Player, National Champion - and 5x NBA All-Star.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT