ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Since I know I'm right, I'm going to ask my question before waiting for @dukedevilz to say I'm right.

As of today, there are 9 former UVA players currently in the NBA. Name them.

Last edited:
Since I know I'm right, I'm going to ask my question before waiting for @dukedevilz to say I'm right.

As of today, there are 9 former UVA players currently in the NBA. Name them.

DeAndre Hunter
Malcolm Brogdan
Ty Jerome
Kyle Guy
Justin Anderson

That's all I got but it's enough to give me the win.

Edit: does Shayock Count, i think he's in the G league?

Reactions: jhmossy
DeAndre Hunter
Malcolm Brogdan
Ty Jerome
Kyle Guy
Justin Anderson

That's all I got but it's enough to give me the win.

Edit: does Shayock Count, i think he's in the G league?

Shayok counts and Anderson just signed with the Nets today. You got 6/9...lol nice

Joe Harris
Mike Scott
Devon Hall

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There are 7 DI programs in Michigan. Discounting Michigan, MSU and Western Michigan, name an NBA player (current or former) for each of the other 4 DI schools in Michigan.

never heard of the last guy, but I assume it's correct. Was hoping for a Spencer Haywood there.

Ray McCallum was a top 40/50 player out of high school. He signed with Detroit because his dad was the coach...

Okay, name the 7 guys that were head coaches at Xavier at some point - and also coached in a Sweet 16 game. They didn't have to be the coach at Xavier for the Sweet 16 game, of course.

Or don’t know the answers to any good trivia questions lol.

Which program has won the most CUSA Conference Tourney Championships?

Hint they aren’t currently in the CUSA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Which program(s) have won A Conference Championship in at least 4 different conferences.

Cincinnati

Solid guess but incorrect (I think)

This team did remain in the CUSA when most of the best CUSA programs moved to the Big East (which is also the timeframe they won most of their Tourney Championships) But they have since moved out of the CUSA themselves.

Yessir.

Any guesses on which program(s) have won conference titles in 4 different conferences. Hint: I only know of one, but there could be many more programs that I don’t follow as closely as the one I was thinking about when I asked the question ;)

Regardless ur up.

And since it’s not fair that I don’t know if any other program has won 4 difference conference tourneys in their history, the answer I was going for was Louisville.

We’ve won the Metro, CUSA, Big East, and AAC Conference Tournaments. But again it wouldn’t surprise me if multiple schools have accomplished the same feat, although it is hard to imagine very many Programs switching conferences so many times.

Yessir.

Any guesses on which program(s) have won conference titles in 4 different conferences. Hint: I only know of one, but there could be many more programs that I don’t follow as closely as the one I was thinking about when I asked the question ;)

Two-part question?

Louisville has been in what? 6 or 7 conferences? So, they have to be one of them.

I'm pretty sure Cincinnati has won in 4+ conferences.

Yea I knew Louisville had but wasn’t sure if any other program has done it or not.

I Don’t think Cincy ever won the Big East in basketball but I could be wrong.

Edit: Louisville has actually won 5 different conferences, as we won the Missouri Valley Conf way back when, that I was totally unaware of.

Last edited:
Yea I knew Louisville had but wasn’t sure if any other program has done it or not.

I Don’t think Cincy ever won the Big East in basketball but I could be wrong.

Looks like Cincinnati has won titles in 6 different conferences... American Athletic, Con-USA, Great Midwest, Metro, Missouri Valley, MAC. Impressive.

Upon researching Cincy has won the MVC, the great Midwest conference, CUSA, Metro, MAC and AAC.

So they’ve won more different conferences than Louisville’s 5.

Edit: damn u beat me to it.

Ud think Cincy with 6 is definitely the record, well until Louisville wins the ACC that is ;)

Last edited:
Kind of a shame teams like cincy, Memphis, and UConn got left in the dust during conference realignment. Especially when they have much richer traditions than some P5 teams that have been P5 forever like Northwestern and vandy just to name a couple who are rarely a contender in football or basketball. Rutgers comes to mind as well, although I guess technically they haven’t been P5 all that long.

Oh well though, I’m just glad we got an invite into the ACC and aren’t still stuck in the garbage ass AAC, like Memphis and Cincy. I couldn’t be happier as a Louisville fan, and would rather be in the ACC than any other conference in America, regardless that some other conferences make more money. I know not all ACC fanbases feel the same, but they were a perfect fit for Louisville. Best Basketball conference historically, Super Strong baseball Conference, and while football has struggled lately, we definitely have some sleeping giants like Miami and VTech and even FSU as of late. As well as the way UNC has been recruiting, they are definitely trending upward. I’m not a big fan of how the football divisions are divided up, but that’s mainly jealousy as I wish we were in the division that didn’t include Clemson and FSU. Bc I definitely feel like we could have made the ACC championship game at least once when we had Lamar, but that’s just my opinion and definitely can be proven. But even so, I couldn’t be happier to be apart of the acc.

If it wasn’t such a logistical nightmare I wish the NCAA and American sports in general operated like European soccer in regards to having a relegation system. But the haves would never give up their seat at the big boy table to one of the have nots, regardless of which one is more deserving.

Last edited:
Okay, here are the teams I've found that have won titles in 4+ leagues. I only searched 12-13 conferences, so perhaps I'm missing a few.

Cincinnati
Louisiana Tech
Louisville
Nevada
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
Utah State

Okay, here are the teams I've found that have won titles in 4+ leagues. I only searched 12-13 conferences, so perhaps I'm missing a few.

Cincinnati
Louisiana Tech
Louisville
Nevada
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
Utah State
Kansas has won 5 different conferences in 13 different decades.

What school has the longest gap between two Final Four appearances?

Gonna take a wild guess on Oregon here since they won the first one and were there recently. Don't recall if they made any trips in between. Seems like a solid guess.

Reactions: jhmossy
Gonna take a wild guess on Oregon here since they won the first one and were there recently. Don't recall if they made any trips in between. Seems like a solid guess.

Oregon is correct. 1939 to 2017 makes a span of 78 yeras.

Kansas has won 5 different conferences in 13 different decades.

I'm only seeing three different conferences (MV, Big 8, Big 12). Big 6/7/8 are all considered the same conference.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Oregon is correct. 1939 to 2017 makes a span of 78 yeras.

I'm only seeing three different conferences (MV, Big 8, Big 12). Big 6/7/8 are all considered the same conference.
If you’re looking at it that way then it should only be 1 conference since KU has never once left since the beginning. Schools have come and gone but them, Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma have never separated in 100+ years. Missouri and Nebraska were apart of that core until recently. Texas, et al were invited to join the Big 8, not the other way around.

If you’re looking at it that way then it should only be 1 conference since KU has never once left since the beginning. Schools have come and gone but them, Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma have never separated in 100+ years. Missouri and Nebraska were apart of that core until recently. Texas, et al were invited to join the Big 8, not the other way around.

The Big 8 dissolved in 1996. But yes, it looks like the MVIAA is the same conference as the Big 8. So, titles in two conferences.

Cincinnati
Louisiana Tech
Louisville
Nevada
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
UNLV
Utah State

Wow much longer list than I anticipated. Since you put 4+ Leagues I’m assuming Cincy isn’t the only team to win 5?

Oops meant 6

Last edited:
Wow much longer list than I anticipated. Since you put 4+ Leagues I’m assuming Cincy isn’t the only team to win 5?

So, Cincinnati has titles in 6 conferences. And Louisiana Tech and Temple have won in 5 different conferences. Louisville would also be at 5, if you count the Big East (2013) and the AAC (2014) as two different conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT