ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

I’d say you’d definitely have to count the Big East and AAC as two different conferences, although they had a lot of the same teams during that realignment phase, it wasn’t exactly the same, especially in basketball as the aac lost all the basketball only schools like nova, prov, gtown, St Johns, Marquette, etc. It made both leagues worse by splitting, but I don’t think you can consider them the same league with a new name, not in basketball anyways. In football it becomes a bit more murky as the AAC was basically the Big East with a new name and a couple of new programs.

I guess 2014 the aac was the better basketball conference, but that’s the only year imo since the inception of the AAC, that they have been in the same hemisphere as the Big East, basketball wise.

IMPRESSIVE! No not really. They are nothing conferences.

How many national titles do those conferences have?

I will be waiting for the answer.

Well, if you accept that the American Athletic is the same conference as the original Big East, then there are actually quite a few titles...

American Athletic/Big East- 8
Missouri Valley- 4
Metro- 2

Well, if you accept that the American Athletic is the same conference as the original Big East, then there are actually quite a few titles...

American Athletic/Big East- 8
Missouri Valley- 4
Metro- 2

Holy gee whiz.

The AAC is the Big East? Come on.

MVC? 4 titles?

Metro 2 titles?

I don't want to be a prick but those conferences are jack shit.

Holy gee whiz.

The AAC is the Big East? Come on.

MVC? 4 titles?

Metro 2 titles?

I don't want to be a prick but those conferences are jack shit.

Not juggernaut conferences, certainly. But it is interesting that the Missouri Valley has had more schools play for the national title than the SEC.

MVC:
Oklahoma State
Bradley
Cincinnati
Memphis
Indiana State

SEC:

Kentucky
Florida
Arkansas

Reactions: IUfanBorden
IMPRESSIVE! No not really. They are nothing conferences.

How many national titles do those conferences have?

I will be waiting for the answer.
Do you really think this is what defines a conference? The SEC has 11 titles in basketball....UCLA alone has 11 titles....Now throw in Arizona, and JUST AZ, and that gives the PC-10/12, more titles than the SEC...You thiink that makes the PAC a better, overall conference?

You take UK out out of the SEC, and it suddenly becomes a "MVC". A Conference USA...

This shit gets tiresome...

Reactions: dukedevilz
Not juggernaut conferences, certainly. But it is interesting that the Missouri Valley has had more schools play for the national title than the SEC.

MVC:
Oklahoma State
Bradley
Cincinnati
Memphis
Indiana State

SEC:

Kentucky
Florida
Arkansas
Shit the AAC has 4 teams that played for a title: Cincy, UConn, Houston and Memphis...6 that were in a Final Four(Wichita State and Temple)...They have 6 National titles(4 UConn, 2 Cincy).....

Yea gotta love sec fans calling other conferences Jack shit in basketball lol.

SEC basketball is a one trick pony along with one great recruiting class than netted Florida two titles, and one Arkansas title team from over 25 years ago. The rest, nothing very noteworthy. Not to mention since Billy D left Florida, there hasn’t been a consistently good team other than UK on a yearly basis. So imo the sec is and has been jack shit sans UK.

I will argue that it’s hard to count the aac as the Big East in basketball, bc the name change was for the football schools formerly known as the big East, but they were never the same conference when it comes to basketball imo. Some of the same members, of course, but not all.

Last edited:
Yea gotta love sec fans calling other conferences Jack shit in basketball lol.

SEC basketball is a one trick pony along with one great recruiting class than netted Florida two titles, and one Arkansas title team from over 25 years ago. The rest, nothing very noteworthy. Not to mention since Billy D left Florida, there hasn’t been a consistently good team other than UK on a yearly basis. So imo the sec is and has been jack shit sans UK.

I will argue that it’s hard to count the aac as the Big East in basketball, bc the name change was for the football schools formerly known as the big East, but they were never the same conference when it comes to basketball imo. Some of the same members, of course, but not all.

Yeah, probably don't need to count the American Athletic and the Big East as the same conference. At any rate, the MVC still has 4 titles, the Metro has 2, and the AAC has 1 with UConn in 2014.

And as you and @IUfanBorden mention, if you take UK out, the SEC is nothing special, essentially a good mid-major.

@WeAreDePaul you're up, bud.

Yea he’ll since it’s inception the aac has more titles than the sec, big 10, big 12, and pac 12.

I know they haven’t been around that long but doesn’t make that statement any less true.

Y'all don't like mascot questions? Fine, how about school colors questions?

Only 3x has a team with purple as a primary color made it to the NCAA championship game. Can you name them?

I can only think of about 4 non mid-major teams with Purple as their primary color period lol.

Northwestern, Kansas State, Washington, TCU

I’ll guess Washington and Kstate but have no clue on the third as I don’t believe it’s either NW or TCU. Unless you are counting LSU as purple being their primary color, I’d argue it’s yellow/gold but their two colors are yellow/gold and purple, so I could see it going either way.

Do you really think this is what defines a conference? The SEC has 11 titles in basketball....UCLA alone has 11 titles....Now throw in Arizona, and JUST AZ, and that gives the PC-10/12, more titles than the SEC...You thiink that makes the PAC a better, overall conference?

You take UK out out of the SEC, and it suddenly becomes a "MVC". A Conference USA...

This shit gets tiresome...

Shit the AAC has 4 teams that played for a title: Cincy, UConn, Houston and Memphis...6 that were in a Final Four(Wichita State and Temple)...They have 6 National titles(4 UConn, 2 Cincy).....

I did not mean to turn a hornet loose in your pants; however, three of those UConn titles were when they were in the Big East.

So your statement has little to do with the AAC, sorry. The AAC was created in 2013 and they have one title. Cincinnati has not got a sniff of the final four since they joined the AAC.

I did not mean to turn a hornet loose in your pants; however, three of those UConn titles were when they were in the Big East.

So your statement has little to do with the AAC, sorry. The AAC was created in 2013 and they have one title. Cincinnati has not got a sniff of the final four since they joined the AAC.

And that one title since the AAC was created in 2013-2014 is more titles than the entire sec, big 12, pac 12, and big Ten has won since then.

Im not saying they are a better conference than any of those, but they are definitely better than your average “shit” mid major conference.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I can only think of about 4 non mid-major teams with Purple as their primary color period lol.

Northwestern, Kansas State, Washington, TCU

I’ll guess Washington and Kstate but have no clue on the third as I don’t believe it’s either NW or TCU. Unless you are counting LSU as purple being their primary color, I’d argue it’s yellow/gold but their two colors are yellow/gold and purple, so I could see it going either way.

you gotta do better than that. Need some years or at least the general time frame within a couple years. Not gonna give you credit for just listing a bunch of schools who wear purple.

you gotta do better than that. Need some years or at least the general time frame within a couple years. Not gonna give you credit for just listing a bunch of schools who wear purple.

Oh I have no clue as I mentioned in the post u quoted. I was literally just guessing off of teams that wear purple, Like u said.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Are you counting LSU as purple being their primary color? I can def see it being argued both ways as a lot of teams have 2 main colors, it would be kinda hard to differentiate which one is their primary color.

If u are counting LSU, didn’t they play for the title with Tyus Thomas and Big Baby? Or did they just make the FF? I can’t quite remember.

Holy Cross in 1947; CCNY in 1950; Kansas State in 1951, I believe.

One of those is incorrect? Did the colors change?

whoops, I guess there are 4. At first I thought CCNY was blue, not purple, but I guess I'm color blind and never knew it.

The 4th school was NYU in 1945.

Holy Cross does hold the distinction of being the only purple team to win it all.

Are you counting LSU as purple being their primary color? I can def see it being argued both ways as a lot of teams have 2 main colors, it would be kinda hard to differentiate which one is their primary color.

If u are counting LSU, didn’t they play for the title with Tyus Thomas and Big Baby? Or did they just make the FF? I can’t quite remember.

LSU has never played in the final. A loser like Tyrus Thomas was never going to play in a title game.

Between the current Pac-12, Big East, and Big 12 schools, only 4 schools have failed to make the Final Four. As many already know, Xavier is one of those schools. Who are the other three?

FWIW, there will be one school from each of the 3 conferences.

Between the current Pac-12, Big East, and Big 12 schools, only 4 schools have failed to make the Final Four. As many already know, Xavier is one of those schools. Who are the other three?

FWIW, there will be one school from each of the 3 conferences.

I think I got this

Pac 12 - Arizona State
Big East - Creighton
Big 12 - TCU

Name the 2 schools that have earned a 1 seed in each of the four regions

LSU has never played in the final. A loser like Tyrus Thomas was never going to play in a title game.

Guess the Tyrus Thomas hate stems from the fact he never panned out for the Bulls?

He had one helluva ncaaT that year, I figured he would have had a long and successful nba career as athletic as he was, and the potential he showed in college, but he turned out to be a pretty big bust, as I’m sure you know better than most of us assuming you are a bulls fan.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Pretty sure Virginia is one of the answers.

They lost to NC State in the West Regional Final in 83.

Reactions: jhmossy
Pretty sure Virginia is one of the answers.

They lost to NC State in the West Regional Final in 83.

UVA is correct. What's crazy is that UVA has the 5th most #1 seeds all time at 7. The second answer should now be pretty simple since UNC and Duke were ruled out as well.

UVA is correct. What's crazy is that UVA has the 5th most #1 seeds all time at 7. The second answer should now be pretty simple since UNC and Duke were ruled out as well.

Well, it's either one of two schools.

I'll say Kentucky.

Hard for me to pinpoint if/when Kentucky ever made it in the West. Or if/when Kansas ever made it in the East. But, the teams in the East tend to be a little better - so it's more likely an eastern team gets pushed out west, than vice-versa. So, Kentucky would be my guess.

Reactions: jhmossy
Well, it's either one of two schools.

I'll say Kentucky.

Hard for me to pinpoint if/when Kentucky ever made it in the West. Or if/when Kansas ever made it in the East. But, the teams in the East tend to be a little better - so it's more likely an eastern team gets pushed out west, than vice-versa. So, Kentucky would be my guess.

UK is also correct. You’re up!

Who is the all-time 3-point field-goal percentage leader? The NCAA specifies that there must be a minimum of 200 career 3-pointers made.

Who is the all-time 3-point field-goal percentage leader? The NCAA specifies that there must be a minimum of 200 career 3-pointers made.

I’m pretty sure it’s Tony Bennett. He shot just shy of 50% for his career. I’m just not sure if he made over 200 3-pointers.

We all know about UMBC. But name the only 16 seed to take a 1 seed into OT and who did they play?

ADVERTISEMENT