ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhere Anthony Jordan feels helpless as his LSU Tigers

How does it feel to have never rooted for your team in a single final four?
Same way it feels for a UK fan to have never played in a conference football championship. Sorry UT started taking basketball serious. Looks like UK has nothing now.

Seriously though, WTF did Waters catch? He still isn’t starting?

Florida doesn't come across as a well coached team at times.

Same way it feels for a UK fan to have never played in a conference football championship. Sorry UT started taking basketball serious. Looks like UK has nothing now.
UK lost the battle, but achieved higher that the Vols in football. Truthfully, I am proud of our football team this year, but am not NEARLY as passionate as basketball. I’m surprised I’ve mustered the interest to support our year vs. UT’s in a thread.

When UT beats UK for 31 straight years, let’s revisit this. Until then you’ll have to defer to the ‘gators about a serious achievement. They still hold the title that most UK football fans were fixated on. UT is on the decline and UK is on the rise (probably). The UT football loss unfortunately for the Vols happened in the same season as our FL win, making the UT loss a . . . backstory(?) - I guess - might be the right word? The loss to us wasn’t as important as the win was for UT.

Now, back to the only sport that matters . . .

Last edited:
Just like that. What a terrible job late. Players just not prepared at all if something goes wrong.

OTOH, LSU has to be one of the luckiest team in all of college basketball.

Reactions: UL_1986 and Dward13
Seriously you don’t want to play a close game or OT game with LSU this year.

Historically, teams that eperience this sort of luck In the regular season lose early in the NCAA tourney. Bracket accordingly Winking

Gotta be one of the more controversial conference champions in a while. A team smack in the middle of a major scandal and fbi investigation likely wins their league on not one, but two missed goal tends in the final minutes of two key road games late in the season.

Gotta be one of the more controversial conference champions in a while. A team smack in the middle of a major scandal and fbi investigation likely wins their league on not one, but two missed goal tends in the final minutes of two key road games late in the season.

The one tonight wasn’t a goaltend. Got it just before it hit the backboard.

Yeah, the one tonight didn't hit the backboard but from the halfcourt angle it looked like it was starting on the way down. They also had that somewhat questionable call against Tennessee to end the game. They potentially have three very favorable calls in just those games.

Is there anything cuter than these UT fans that come running out of the hills when UT gets decent for a year or two in hoops! Laughing

I was watching that shot on frame by frame slow-motion and I still couldn't tell if it was on the way down. My initial thought was goal-tend, but not convinced either way. If it's questionable, I'd prefer the ref swallow his whistle... You could also argue that Naz Reid got elbowed, which could result in free throws.

I like LSU. Why are they not talked about as a threat? They are 9-2 in Quad 1 Games, which is the highest winning percentage in the country, save only Virginia (UVA is 10-2).

images

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I was watching that shot on frame by frame slow-motion and I still couldn't tell if it was on the way down. My initial thought was goal-tend, but not convinced either way. If it's questionable, I'd prefer the ref swallow his whistle... You could also argue that Naz Reid got elbowed, which could result in free throws.

I like LSU. Why are they not talked about as a threat? They are 9-2 in Quad 1 Games, which is the highest winning percentage in the country, save only Virginia (UVA is 10-2).

Yeah, it was really hard to tell for sure. I don’t think anyone has a real big issue with it. It is just the luck factor when all of these calls seem to fall in their favor late in games. They are certainly a dangerous and talented team.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Not one to cry about refs but they beat the crap outta us all night and had very little fouls to show for it. Would have been ok had it been consistent on both ends, but it wasn't. That's what you get though when you play on the road, I get it.

Think Bone stays or declares for the draft?
I have no idea what anyone does regarding non Sr draft. Barnes has turned Bone into an elite PG. He destroyed Hagans in the second match up and Hagans is no slouch. He will have to decide if he is at his zenith now or if he can be more consistent with another year. He may explore is options.

Grant Williams.
Though I'm all Vol, I am not personal friends with GW, so IDK. I do not see GW as an elite NBA player, his game is more suited for CBB.

Though I'm all Vol, I am not personal friends with GW, so IDK. I do not see GW as an elite NBA player, his game is more suited for CBB.

I didn't ask if he's declaring, or if he's an elite NBA player. I asked if you thought he was good enough to go first round. Earlier this season, you didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT