ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats Can't Be This Dumb, Can He?

CUJO_1970

Sep 9, 2013
Atlanta
Team
Kentucky
https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/dar...o-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

This is an absolutely garbage look for the Alabama basketball program.

How can someone supply the gun and vehicle involved in the murder of a woman and not be charged with anything? Ignorance may get you a lesser charge but it does not absolve you of a crime. Supplying those things whether you knew or not at the beginning is still a crime.
Who among us hasn’t provided a lethal weapon and vehicle to a bestie?

The story that they're selling doesn't add up. Who moved Miller's car to block the victim's? Did Miller give his keys to someone? Where was Miller during all of this? Says the line was too long at the club, well then why didn't he take his car and go home? Did Miller give his keys to someone?

My guess is Miller was present for the shooting and people got the two people charged to lie about it.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
You guys keep spinning it the way you want, but Miller didn't break any laws. Read about it, info isn't hard to find.
If you're going to post about it you probably should educate yourself.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/dar...o-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

and a garbage post by you.

As if it were a DUI, or breaking curfew...So nonchalant---"We knew about that...."

"THAT" coach happens to be murder....My goodness.

The story that they're selling doesn't add up. Who moved Miller's car to block the victim's? Did Miller give his keys to someone? Where was Miller during all of this? Says the line was too long at the club, well then why didn't he take his car and go home? Did Miller give his keys to someone?

My guess is Miller was present for the shooting and people got the two people charged to lie about it.
Star college athletes don't wait in lines.

Bama Ignoring the law for a few athletic wins. Been doing in football for decades. Just all around the worst people in America.

You guys keep spinning it the way you want, but Miller didn't break any laws. Read about it, info isn't hard to find.
I knew someone was going to post this thread eventually. Then I somehow knew you would be the first Bama poster to be on the defensive…

I did educate myself. I read the article:

"When Miller got to the scene, Miles told Davis, “The heat is in the hat.” Det. Branden Culpepper said that meant a gun was present.

Miles added, “There’s one in the head.” That, Culpepper said, meant a round was in the chamber.
Miles moved his girlfriend back to get her out of line of fire, Culpepper added...."

According to police, Miller knowingly and willingly supplied a murder weapon. (In legal terms it's called criminal facilitation to murder apparently)

“You need to educate yourself about Miller boxing that car in…”
winin11

So much of this doesn't make any sense. It said the cops used dashcam video from Miller's car to charge the shooters

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...n-alabama-accomplice-law-innocent/4962213002/

Under Alabama law, code 13A-2-23, a person is legally accountable for the behavior of another person if he or she "procures, induces or causes such other person to commit the offense."

A person can also be charged under the law if he or she aids or abets another person in committing a crime or fails to prevent a crime while having the ability to do so.

Most states have some form of the accomplice law. The law can be used for any crime, though it most often is heard of in instances of fatal shootings.
------------------------------------------------------
Eight states, including Alabama, only require an element of "reckless disregard for human life," known as the Tison standard. In 1987, the Supreme Court upheld the death penalty for two brothers whose father escaped from prison then killed a family whose car they took. The brothers were present at the time of the slaying. Both the father and a third brother were killed in the manhunt for them.

The court acknowledged that neither brother intended for the family to be killed but they played a “major” role in the prison break and carjacking. If the defendant displayed “reckless disregard for human life” in the course of a felony, the court said, then the death penalty was proportionate even when there was not a clear intent to kill.

Not sure they can do anything to him for the gun. If he helped by blocking in someone then surely there would be something there.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...n-alabama-accomplice-law-innocent/4962213002/

Under Alabama law, code 13A-2-23, a person is legally accountable for the behavior of another person if he or she "procures, induces or causes such other person to commit the offense."

A person can also be charged under the law if he or she aids or abets another person in committing a crime or fails to prevent a crime while having the ability to do so.

Most states have some form of the accomplice law. The law can be used for any crime, though it most often is heard of in instances of fatal shootings.
------------------------------------------------------
Eight states, including Alabama, only require an element of "reckless disregard for human life," known as the Tison standard. In 1987, the Supreme Court upheld the death penalty for two brothers whose father escaped from prison then killed a family whose car they took. The brothers were present at the time of the slaying. Both the father and a third brother were killed in the manhunt for them.

The court acknowledged that neither brother intended for the family to be killed but they played a “major” role in the prison break and carjacking. If the defendant displayed “reckless disregard for human life” in the course of a felony, the court said, then the death penalty was proportionate even when there was not a clear intent to kill.
Miller h
Not sure they can do anything to him for the gun. If he helped by blocking in someone then surely there would be something there.
the university of Alabama can certainly do something to him. Then again you’re talking about a school and a fanbase that values football wins over anything else. More than And I mean over any other school. My favorite was when Courtney upshaw was arrested for domestic violence. And the girls dad who was a huge Bama fan of course comes out and says. “My daughter probably deserved it. “

Reactions: BScott22
Miller h

the university of Alabama can certainly do something to him. Then again you’re talking about a school and a fanbase that values football wins over anything else. More than And I mean over any other school. My favorite was when Courtney upshaw was arrested for domestic violence. And the girls dad who was a huge Bama fan of course comes out and says. “My daughter probably deserved it. “

Sure, Alabama could. I'm not sure legally anything could be done though.

Pretty much every media outlet outside of Tuscaloosa is ripping him on this. Just a terrible look. So bad, he felt he needed to try to walk it back.....

Fph-IvJWcAAFu5r

Kind of disturbing how Oats just nonchalantly downplays Miller supplying the murder weapon. Nobody knew what was going to happen? Well did you think they were just gonna go to the range at 2 AM? 🤣 Would Oats be willing to put this much effort into protecting Miller if he was at the end of the bench rather than being his bell cow? 🤔🤔🤔

I wonder if Miller would have been charged if the shooting happened somewhere other than Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT