ADVERTISEMENT

So now that football sucks as a sport….

I’m moving onto basketball. A much better sport. Are there any Purdue fans on this board? Any thoughts about the exhibition game this weekend in Arkansas?
Will be interesting to see how well we handle your athleticism. I think that’s something that hurt us at times last year and it’ll be interesting to see. How are you guys looking this year compared to last?

Welcome over. How's Arky looking this year?
I think they’ll be good, but a lot of unknowns. Defensively, I think they could be elite, especially up front with Devo and the transfer from Houston, traymon mark, I think. Brazile being back should help the offense and they picked up a few more scorers in the portal. I’m pretty excited, but maybe that’s because football has been a colossal letdown.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Will be interesting to see how well we handle your athleticism. I think that’s something that hurt us at times last year and it’ll be interesting to see. How are you guys looking this year compared to last?
I think and hope they are better, but who knows. The big guy will be a test for sure, but I’m sure with it being an exhibition game, he’ll get more rest. Really great that Purdue is doing this for the charity.

Reactions: boiler1987
I think and hope they are better, but who knows. The big guy will be a test for sure, but I’m sure with it being an exhibition game, he’ll get more rest. Really great that Purdue is doing this for the charity.
Should be a solid matchup and agree re charity. Wish more teams would do that tbh.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Is it my turn? Played golf today and had too many birdie shots! Not sure where I am.
Pretty sure somewhere in West Laffy, with...

diamondsonshine-onmyhotline.gif

I’m moving onto basketball. A much better sport. Are there any Purdue fans on this board? Any thoughts about the exhibition game this weekend in Arkansas?
My thought is that one of two things will happen:

1) Purdue loses and many Purdue fans overreact and think the season is in the shitter before it starts, or

2) Purdue wins and many Purdue fans think Purdue is going undefeated.

Our fanbase exhausts me.

My thought is that one of two things will happen:

1) Purdue loses and many Purdue fans overreact and think the season is in the shitter before it starts, or

2) Purdue wins and many Purdue fans think Purdue is going undefeated.

Our fanbase exhausts me.
Well, as you know, the first game of the season and exhibition games in general are the most important games of the season,

• Love
Reactions: boilerzz
I’m excited to watch it even though I know it’s a meaningless game and nothing Purdue does will truly matter to the majority of people until March. Want to see how Purdue handles the pressure from Arkansas and shoots the ball from the perimeter in a road game environment.

No idea if Painter is treating it like a real game or will be throwing some weird lineup combos out there/trying stuff out that he won’t in a true game. Think arkansas is the perfect opponent to test some of the prior weaknesses of this team though.

I’m excited to watch it even though I know it’s a meaningless game and nothing Purdue does will truly matter to the majority of people until March. Want to see how Purdue handles the pressure from Arkansas and shoots the ball from the perimeter in a road game environment.

No idea if Painter is treating it like a real game or will be throwing some weird lineup combos out there/trying stuff out that he won’t in a true game. Think arkansas is the perfect opponent to test some of the prior weaknesses of this team though.

Honestly, I'd like for muss to set this game as a roster min contribution type game.

But knowing his competitiveness, he will want to win and won't see the value of the guys that can be pieces down the road.

BTW, how long before the Ncaa realizes the potential monetary value of these games and decides to take their cut?

Great atmosphere and feels like a tournament game honestly. Love how we’ve hung in despite Edey missing a lot of time in foul trouble.

Yeah this is absolutely fantastic for October.

Hope we can somehow make this a permanent thing.

Great atmosphere and feels like a tournament game honestly. Love how we’ve hung in despite Edey missing a lot of time in foul trouble.
Yeah this is absolutely fantastic for October.

Hope we can somehow make this a permanent thing.
Great game with a lot of intensity for October. Purdue is ridiculously tough inside and on the boards. Every time one team started to pull away, it would flip the other way.

Great game with a lot of intensity for October. Purdue is ridiculously tough inside and on the boards. Every time one team started to pull away, it would flip the other way.
I feel good that we had a chance when I believe that was the first game Edey ever fouled out of haha. Don’t think that’ll happen again IMO.

KU kicking ass and doing it without the preseason Big 12 OPOY. Leipold’s a miracle worker.

ADVERTISEMENT