ADVERTISEMENT

So.........How long before BBN runs Keion out of town....

Tubby left UK b/c he knew his time was up...From my understanding, the leaving was mutual, and UK was aware Tubby was leaving. I don't see how you get to where Tubby, "sold UK out". Odds are very high, had he left, UK would have fired him.

Of coure Tubby left the program in worse shape, than when he got there....He followed ****ing Rick Pitino, who had went to the Elite 8 or better in 5 of his last 6 seasons; including back to back title games. If the program were where it was when he got there, he mever would have left, and UK wouldn't have been putting the heat on him. That is a very, very misleading and disingenuous statement Bert....

And look, its not like the cupboard was bare----As it probably will be when Cal leaves. BCG had this returning...

Jodie Meeks
Ramel Bradley
Joe Crawford
Derrick Jasper
Perry Stevenson

Patrick Patterson was a frosh...

AJ Stewart would have been a stud. Tragically passed.

You wanna talk about "selling out", then look at the dude that he follwed---Rick Pitino.

And lets not act as if Tubby had the talent in '98, that Rick had the previous years..

Allen Edwards
Wayne Turner
Evans
Nazr
Padgett
Shep
Magloire...

I mean that not exactly a star studded roster.....Not to mention the freshman class was weak as shit...

Michael Bradley
Saul SMith
Ryan Hogan
Myron Anthony...

Tubby won a title with one, amybe two, POSSIBLE solid NBA guys----Magloire and Nazr.

I know Joe B. is your friend...I get it. But the argument can be made for Tubby, if Joe is gonna be in the rafters as well. Especially when you compare the coaching records.
I think what Bert is getting at, is Tubby was actively working with Minnesota behind the scenes while he was still coaching UK as UK was headed for another 10+ loss season and another early exit.
I'm sure you can understand why UK fans wouldn't be happy about that.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Where did I defend bert? Go find that post please. You have me and JC confused.

Get your shit straight, then come back and apologize

Now, read your post here that I quoted. It’s as if uncfan typed it out. Is this what you are going to be like because you got hammered like a cheap whore in the political threads? Are you scorned now? You're one fake wife photo away from become board joke #2.
You quoted me after I made the Bert analogy. Lol at an apology. How drunk are you today?

I think what Bert is getting at, is Tubby was actively working with Minnesota behind the scenes while he was still coaching UK as UK was headed for another 10+ loss season and another early exit.
Here I am again defending your ass, but you won't defend mine.

I am not a racist.

UL86 is a '******ed' low form racists.
He hates all white people.
He does not even know that "Mexicans" are white.

RollLaugh

You quoted me after I made the Bert analogy. Lol at an apology. How drunk are you today?
This makes no sense, where did I defend Bert? I would like to see it. I made no reference to Bert until I replied to Borden.
I don’t mind defending Bert, I just want to know what I supposedly defended

This makes no sense, where did I defend Bert? I would like to see it. I made no reference to Bert until I replied to Borden.
I don’t mind defending Bert, I just want to know what I supposedly defended
You went on a rant about Louisville after I made the analogy of Bert being a racist (which he clearly is)

You do know how the quote function works, right?

I don't see his post, so I don't know.

I am not a racist.

On the other hand he is nothing but a god damned racist. He probably carries a damned "racist" card.

1. Bert HigginbothaWell-Known Member

Hell no. They are going to Kentucky for a real damned job. Build the damned wall. Keep them out. There are not enough jobs in Texas and Arizona and California and Florida............ they keep coming to my area. I don't want them. I am racist and want AMERICANS. Screw MEXICANS. I am an American.

Geeze, the only Mexican that I know I have learned at Wal Mart in Kentucky. Keep the friggin's Mexicans out of my state.

I was a Mayor of a little town and my taxes had to pay for the friggin' translators in court so your good friendly Mexicans could go to court and get freed again so they could rack up another crime. Fvck um.

409 Feb 24, 2017

You went on a rant about Louisville after I made the analogy of Bert being a racist (which he clearly is)

You do know how the quote function works, right?
My reply had nothing to do with bert and everything to do about you alluding to UK being racists because Tubby isn’t in the rafters, but Hall is.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
It probably won't.
We can write this off as miscommunication. My post wasn’t about Rupp being a racist, merely the irony of Bert claiming someone else isn’t racist while he’s a self-proclaimed racist.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Nah, he's a lot of things, but he's not racist, he's just baiting. Don't bite the bait.
Not baiting, was just merely stating a fact about Bert. I knew he wouldn’t see it anyways bc he’s a coward that puts posters on ignore. Ask @JimboBBN ...

Bert is as thin-skinned as they come.

Well, I don’t have access to UK brass, so I don't know for sure. I can only speculate, but if you look at it, you can see why Hall is in there and Tubby isn’t. Hall coached under Rupp, won titles under Rupp, he coached at UK for 14 years. He ended his career at UK and is still a staple of the program.

Tubby was there 11 years, but he didn't end his career there and he left in a sketchy way.

However, we don't know for sure that Tubby WON'T have his name in the rafters. The guy is still coaching.

Lastly, I refuse to play this stupid racism game. Calling people racists, in this case, an entire university, is ridiculous. But that's what race baiters do. Everything is racist if it doesn't cater to minorities.
Never accused anyone of being racist...I just think Tubby has the #'s to be in the rafters...He won 263 games...9 Total SEC titles(reg/tourney)...Never missed the NCAAT..4 Elite 8's and a title..In 10 years.

I mean.......Bruh. That's solid. Real solid. MOF, aside from the FF's, his numbers are on par with Hall's. I can see why Hall is in the rafters...Coached there under Rupp, etc, etc...Was a long face of the program. So I GET THAT. BUT, if he is also up there b/c of his coaching numbers....Well, I mean, there is a strong argument for Tubby.

Nope. He sold UK out. Sorry Borden, Tubby sold out.
Explain how he did....

Smith came under considerable pressure from many UK fans late in his tenure. Many thought that his recruiting was subpar, as he regularly struggled to land top recruits. Kentucky fans also became impatient that his teams never reached another Final Four during his tenure. Some UK fans went as far as to place "for sale" signs on his front lawn...

And this.....

This season, in which the Wildcats finished 22-12 overall, 9-7 in the SEC and lost to Kansas in the second round of the tournament, saw a growing faction of Kentucky fans calling for Smith's ouster.

"Ever since my senior year of high school, there was always speculation that he'd be gone," the Houston Rockets' Chuck Hayes, who played for Smith at Kentucky from 2001-05 told The Associated Press. "After every season, there were always rumors. I thought it was just rumors again this year, people talking."

Barnhart supported Tubby publicly....Even saying, "Tubby is our basketball coach". But did say,

But Barnhart also said that he and Smith would sit down after the season to discuss potential changes ...

Tubby let UK know the day before the announcement...

Smith informed Kentucky players and athletics director Mitch Barnhart about his decision earlier Thursday and also phoned former Minnesota coach Dan Monson, who was fired in November, to tell him he was accepting the job.

So....With the grumbling from BBN...."For sale signs" in his yard....The meeting with Barnhart....I mean for anyone to come to the conclusion that Tubby "sold out", is ****ing asinine..

Reactions: UL_1986
Never accused anyone of being racist...I just think Tubby has the #'s to be in the rafters...He won 263 games...9 Total SEC titles(reg/tourney)...Never missed the NCAAT..4 Elite 8's and a title..In 10 years.

I mean.......Bruh. That's solid. Real solid. MOF, aside from the FF's, his numbers are on par with Hall's. I can see why Hall is in the rafters...Coached there under Rupp, etc, etc...Was a long face of the program. So I GET THAT. BUT, if he is also up there b/c of his coaching numbers....Well, I mean, there is a strong argument for Tubby.
I didn’t say you were calling UK racists, but others here did, captain fake wife for one.

But, even though Tubby's records are similar to Hall's, you can see, Hall is not up there JUST for his accomplishments as a coach.

If Tubby retired from UK and stuck around the program, like Hall did, his name would be in the rafters. And it still might go in the rafters, but again, he's still coaching.

Again, Bill Keightly, who was an equipment manager, never coached a game at UK. His name is in the rafters, because… ..say it with me… .. HE SPENT HIS ENTIRE CAREER AT UK, RETIRED THERE AND STUCK WITH THE PROGRAM.. He didn't quit and go work for 4 different programs. He didn't leave UK for a program that doesn’t even matter in this sport.

And I'm a big Tubby guy. I've always liked Tubby. He is the definition of class. Donna, his wife, is an incredible woman. But he's not in the rafters and it's not because he's black.

Last edited:
I didn’t say you were calling UK racists, but others here well, captain fake wife for one.

But, even though Tubby's records are similar to Hall's, you can see, Hall is not in the JUST for his accomplishments as a coach.

If Tubby retired from UK and stuck around the program, like Hall did, his name would be in the rafters. And it still might go in the rafters, but again, he's still coaching.

Again, Bill Keightly, who was an equipment manager, never coached a game at UK. His name is in the rafters because… ..say it with me… .. HE SPENT HIS ENTIRE CAREER AT UK, RETIRED THERE AND STUCK WITH THE PROGRAM.. He didn't quit and go work for 4 different programs. He didn't leave UK for a program that doesn’t even matter in this sport.

And I'm a big Tubby guy. I've always liked Tubby. He is the definition of class. Donna, his wife, is an incredible woman. But he's not in the rafters and it's not because he's black.

But how do you expect someone to spend his entire career there when he was about to get fired.

I mean no coach would just up and leave UK basketball for Minnesota Basketball if they thought for a second they could even have one more season at UK to turn things around. To act like Tubby left UK “high and dry” is comical, if anything he did the AD a favor of saving him from having to fire him. And quite frankly he wasn’t exactly tearing it up his last few seasons and moving on from him was the right move, just not the right replacement.

Regardless the fact the the uk admin hired a black coach speaks a lot louder than whether or not his name is in the rafters.

Id imagine 50-75% of college basketball programs have never had an African American coach period.

If you think race is keeping him out of the rafters wtf would they hire him in the first place? To hope he failed miserably and ensure he would never make it to the rafters? I think some are over estimating the importance/significance of having a banner in the rafters. I mean an equipment manager in the rafters? I obv have no clue who dude is so I’m not gonna take shots at him but what significant contributions could an equipment manager make to help the team win to be honored in the same regard as past players and coaches. (Rhetorical)

Id bet it bothers ppl in this thread worse than it bothers Tubby himself.

Bert is definitely a racist asshole

You would think if someone loved to call others liars and racists in every thread, they wouldn’t be a lying racist.

But here we are.

And I just wanted to quote u so hopefully Bert will see it. To Easy a troll job to pass up.

But how do you expect someone to spend his entire career there when he was about to get fired.

I mean no coach would just up and leave UK basketball for Minnesota Basketball if they thought for a second they could even have one more season at UK to turn things around. To act like Tubby left UK “high and dry” is comical, if anything he did the AD a favor of saving him from having to fire him. And quite frankly he wasn’t exactly tearing it up his last few seasons and moving on from him was the right move, just not the right replacement.

Regardless the fact the the uk admin hired a black coach speaks a lot louder than whether or not his name is in the rafters.

Id imagine 50-75% of college basketball programs have never had an African American coach period.

If you think race is keeping him out of the rafters wtf would they hire him in the first place? To hope he failed miserably and ensure he would never make it to the rafters? I think some are over estimating the importance/significance of having a banner in the rafters. I mean an equipment manager in the rafters? I obv have no clue who dude is so I’m not gonna take shots at him but what significant contributions could an equipment manager make to help the team win to be honored in the same regard as past players and coaches. (Rhetorical)

Id bet it bothers ppl in this thread worse than it bothers Tubby himself.
Edit:
I ended up reading the rwst of your post. My bad, I thought you were going on a UK trash fest like the other guys did. I agree with most if what you said.

Keightly is in the rafters because he worked there for so long. He was an equipment manager for all coaches from Rupp through Billy Gillispie. 48 years. Cawood Ledford is also in the rafters and he was a radio guy, wait, those guys are only in there 'Cause they were white, I forgot.

Last edited:
Maybe if Tubby would’ve put UK on probation like Rupp & Hall did he would be honored in the rafters.

I didn’t say you were calling UK racists, but others here did, captain fake wife for one.

But, even though Tubby's records are similar to Hall's, you can see, Hall is not up there JUST for his accomplishments as a coach.

Again, Bill Keightly, who was an equipment manager, never coached a game at UK. His name is in the rafters, because… ..say it with me… .. HE SPENT HIS ENTIRE CAREER AT UK, RETIRED THERE AND STUCK WITH THE PROGRAM.. He didn't quit and go work for 4 different programs. He didn't leave UK for a program that doesn’t even matter in this sport.

You don’t think UK has a racist history???
Can you name another program that told a player that they shouldn’t date a girl from another race & be seen with them in public?

Just curious....Why is it Tubby was a good enough coach to be elected into the Athletic Hall of Fame at UK....But not good enough to have his name in the rafters?

Just a question...I mean do you not think someone, an individual, could have an axe to grind with Tubby? Or that maybe someone with some pull, could possibly have some racial reasoning?

It just seems odd to put someone into your athletic Hall of Fame, but not have their name in the rafters..Especially when that someone is a coach.

Explain Rick Pitino, then...Shit not only did he leave, but when he returned to college, he took the god damn Louisville job..Laughing...

I get it---he took a mess, and turned into a power. He saved UK basketball. BUT...I'm not the one placing criteria on, "being there his whole career.....or leaving for multiple other jobs; Pitino left for the Celtics..then Louisville and now Iona. Shit Rick was there a mere 8 seasons...

I don't get why you wanna bring Keightly into the discussion. Its irrelevant. I understand why he is in the rafters...Him along with Cawood. BUT...those are different circumstances.

So exactly what is the criteria? Winning games....Staying there your entire career...Not taking multiple jobs when you do leave...?? Retiring from UK?

Point is----Tubby has the #'s to be in the rafters...I mean those numbers were good enough for UK's athletic Hall of Fame...So why not good enough for the rafters?

EDIT: What does it matter that he is still coaching(Tubby)? So is/was Rick.

Reactions: UL_1986
Edit:
I ended up reading the rwst of your post. My bad, I thought you were going on a UK trash fest like the other guys did. I agree with most if what you said.

Keightly is in the rafters because he worked there for so long. He was an equipment manager for all coaches from Rupp through Billy Gillispie. 48 years. Cawood Ledford is also in the rafters and he was a radio guy, wait, those guys are only in there 'Cause they were white, I forgot.

Well to ur credit, a lot of my post are anti uk trash fests so totally understandable.

And again if race was the issue regarding the rafters, why would anyone (admins or fans) embrace black players having a banner in the rafters but not a black coach.

Imo he doesn’t deserve to be there. He won a title in his first year, with a very talented team he inherited, which is obv great, but couldn’t maintain success as he got further into his tenure. Winning 75% of ur games at UK and 9 sec titles out of a possible 20 (I think, 10 years with regular and post season conference titles) so roughly 50%. ThatS not exactly tearing it up at a blue blood like UK, esp playing in the sec. But I’m biased as I dislike UK.

You can’t argue with the title, but it would be much much more impressive if Tubby had won it in year 5 of his tenure as opposed to year 1, with as mentioned, pitinos roster. And I’m not meaning to hold it against him, or punish him for winning a title, but I think you do have to take into account the circumstances of the situation.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If truthful, then sure...But it was known that Tubby's seat at UK was hot. Look, Monson was fired in Nov, after a 2-5 start. On Feb 7th, UK was 18-5, 7-2 and ranked 19th. Not sure how ya figure UK was on their way to another 10+loss season,when they only had 5 losses in Feb.....Unless of course, ya'll foresaw UK losing 5 of their next 7 games...If so, then ya have a solid argument...

My guess? Tubby didn't start talking to Minny until early March; He was hired March 22nd. I think at that point, with UK losing 5 of 7 to end the season, Barnhart had let Tubby know----I think this race has ran its course....

Point being---I highly doubt Tubby was chatting with Minny, with UK being in the Top 20, 18-5 and at that point, playing pretty good basketball. After a loss @ UNC, Cats would win their next 11 games....14 of their next 16. Then the wheels fell off.

JMO, though.

Tubby left UK b/c he knew his time was up...From my understanding, the leaving was mutual, and UK was aware Tubby was leaving. I don't see how you get to where Tubby, "sold UK out". Odds are very high, had he left, UK would have fired him.

Of coure Tubby left the program in worse shape, than when he got there....He followed ****ing Rick Pitino, who had went to the Elite 8 or better in 5 of his last 6 seasons; including back to back title games. If the program were where it was when he got there, he mever would have left, and UK wouldn't have been putting the heat on him. That is a very, very misleading and disingenuous statement Bert....

And look, its not like the cupboard was bare----As it probably will be when Cal leaves. BCG had this returning...

Jodie Meeks
Ramel Bradley
Joe Crawford
Derrick Jasper
Perry Stevenson

Patrick Patterson was a frosh...

AJ Stewart would have been a stud. Tragically passed.

You wanna talk about "selling out", then look at the dude that he follwed---Rick Pitino.

And lets not act as if Tubby had the talent in '98, that Rick had the previous years..

Allen Edwards
Wayne Turner
Evans
Nazr
Padgett
Shep
Magloire...

I mean that not exactly a star studded roster.....Not to mention the freshman class was weak as shit...

Michael Bradley
Saul SMith
Ryan Hogan
Myron Anthony...

Tubby won a title with one, amybe two, POSSIBLE solid NBA guys----Magloire and Nazr.

I know Joe B. is your friend...I get it. But the argument can be made for Tubby, if Joe is gonna be in the rafters as well. Especially when you compare the coaching records.
AJ Stewart would've been a stud? Laughing He sucked ass for 2 years at UK and transferred to Texas State (he didn't die). You must be thinking about Kerry Benson, who was a walk-on and played a total of 23 minutes for UK.

AJ Stewart would've been a stud? Laughing He sucked ass for 2 years at UK and transferred to Texas State (he didn't die). You must be thinking about Kerry Benson, who was a walk-on and played a total of 23 minutes for UK.
No I was thinking of John Stewart..

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also not a stud... and he's a midget.
4Zqi.gif

He meant this guy...

5ZxWOmFL3s6n-c1iyra_RhYjzK1q1QzyhF4JcM36hyv8wuwziTnCt2zO2bu2268M_pv19IV6V8620cDWhicatGav8AU_4LWDi5XohQt3alliJYcMkzbTpMCi

ADVERTISEMENT