ADVERTISEMENT

The top 25 individual performances of the past 25 years according to ESPN

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
I'm a little biased but given the criteria, I'd put Carsen Edwards' performance against UVA even in a losing effort above several on this list:

...our goal was to identify the greatest efforts based on the stakes of the game, the opponent, the moment, the numbers and the reactions.

But damn, there are some impressive performances.

take AD off that list. I don't care how good you were defensively, you don't get a spot on that list going 1/10 in the NCAA championship game.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
take AD off that list. I don't care how good you were defensively, you don't get a spot on that list going 1/10 in the NCAA championship game.
Silly.. AD deserves to be on that list with his defensive perfomance. Of course @IUfanBorden would like the post. Beat us when it didn't matter lost to us when it mattered the most :)

Did you watch the game? He dominated that game and didn't need to score. I understand your point, but points aren't the be all end all. He dominated KU. Changed their whole offense, when they adjusted it was too late and "ran out of time" -Self
*He has something like 15 boards, 5+ blocks a handful of steals, and 5+ assists.
*my numbers could be wrong, too lazy to look it up. Let's just say no Jayhawk carved a unibrow in their vagina hair.

Last edited:
I'm a little biased but given the criteria, I'd put Carsen Edwards' performance against UVA even in a losing effort above several on this list:

...our goal was to identify the greatest efforts based on the stakes of the game, the opponent, the moment, the numbers and the reactions.

But damn, there are some impressive performances.

Edwards had a hell of a tournament.

The "kick out" king

Reactions: boilerzz
Did you watch the game? He dominated that game and didn't need to score. I understand your point, but points aren't the be all end all. He dominated KU. Changed their whole offense, when they adjusted it was too late and "ran out of time" -Self
*He has something like 15 boards, 5+ blocks a handful of steals, and 5+ assists.
*my numbers could be wrong, too lazy to look it up. Let's just say no Jayhawk carved a unibrow in their vagina hair.
I did not watch the game, full disclosure. That was during the dark days of my basketball boycott.

But, this is a list of the top 25 performancesx of the past 20 years. You're not getting on that list with a 1/10 shooting performance, I don't care how many other ways you filled the stat sheet.

He would've been better off just not taking any shots all game cause 1/10 especially for a dominant post player is quite pathetic.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I did not watch the game, full disclosure. That was during the dark days of my basketball boycott.

But, this is a list of the top 25 performancesx of the past 20 years. You're not getting on that list with a 1/10 shooting performance, I don't care how many other ways you filled the stat sheet.

He would've been better off just not taking any shots all game cause 1/10 especially for a dominant post player is quite pathetic.
His 1 shot he made was a jump shot and at a key time.
*I understand your point, but....defense gets no love. Look at Heisman winners.

His 1 shot he made was a jump shot and at a key time.
*I understand your point, but....defense gets no love. Look at Heisman winners.
I love defense, but to get credit for one of the 25 best individual performances of the past 20 years you need to do more than get a handful of rebounds, steals and blocks. It's not like he did something crazy and had a triple double of defensive stats. He had the kind of game that a great player will have along side 25-35 points.

I love defense, but to get credit for one of the 25 best individual performances of the past 20 years you need to do more than get a handful of rebounds, steals and blocks. It's not like he did something crazy and had a triple double of defensive stats. He had the kind of game that a great player will have along side 25-35 points.
My last angle is he got MVP.

Sounds like TJD domination in a half dozen games last season playing at 80-90% health due to injury except TJD would have 25+ points on 65% shooting.

AD easily top 5 in most overrated college players in the history of the college game.

I swear most UK fans still jerk off nightly to the dude.

5Did you watch the game? He dominated that game and didn't need to score. I understand your point, but points aren't the be all end all. He dominated KU. Changed their whole offense, when they adjusted it was too late and "ran out of time" -Self
He had 16 rebounds/5 assist/3 steals/6 blocks. Probably altered another 10. He was dominant defensively for sure. Top 25 performance ? Meh.....I dunno.

I mean TJD had 24 points/11 rebounds/5 assist/5 blocks/2 steals vs Kent State in 1st round last year. Then he had 18 points/24 rebounds/8 assist/4blocks vs Northwestern....Then he had 25 points/21 rebounds/2 assist/6blocks vs Minny...Then 35/9/5/3 vs Illinois...Yhen had 31 points/15rebounds/5 assist/4 blocks vs MSU...

So there is that...

He had 16 rebounds/5 assist/3 steals/6 blocks. Probably altered another 10. He was dominant defensively for sure. Top 25 performance ? Meh.....I dunno.

I mean TJD had 24 points/11 rebounds/5 assist/5 blocks/2 steals vs Kent State in 1st round last year. Then he had 18 points/24 rebounds/8 assist/4blocks vs Northwestern....Then he had 25 points/21 rebounds/2 assist/6blocks vs Minny...Then 35/9/5/3 vs Illinois...Yhen had 31 points/15rebounds/5 assist/4 blocks vs MSU...

So there is that...
I guess the author of the original article took into account it was a championship game.

Dang hadnt seen UK and IU fans get this worked up in a while.

I guess the author of the original article took into account it was a championship game.
Ahhhh.....I get that. AD was very good defensively in that game. And defense doesn't get the headlines. Although Robinson did still have 18 points and 17 rebounds. ;) .

Dang hadnt seen UK and IU fans get this worked up in a while.
Did I miss something?

Great performance by AD. Not sure I'd rank it Top 25 OVERALL. Tournament performances? I could see that. But overall? Meh..........

ADVERTISEMENT